Kings Article: Lombardi about Richards and other stuff

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Since he's talking about Richards, I thought I'd add that I am even more certain than ever that the issue was immigration related - he got an entry ban or lost his work visa. It takes 6 months to get that fixed (although it can be permanent like Kate Moss) and that meshes perfectly with the timeline and fits how the kings found out.

Here's another example of how fast it is and how US Immigration views controlled substance issues. If you're a Stranger things fan, this may mean the end of the character or Charlie Heaton's time on the show. the Independent got it wrong. It's not a deportation, it's an entry ban. other than that there is more info there than the time article.

"Foreign nationals may be inadmissible due to the commission of a crime involving drug possession. "

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...on-deported-us-cocaine-season-3-a8024526.html

http://time.com/5001315/charlie-heaton-stranger-things-drugs/

Reactions: resurrected

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
That's not the article, it's a link to a pay per view site for the article. And disappointed that LeBrun(and others) have gone that route.

I understand why they went to The Atlantic. So many good journalists are getting laid off.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
disappointed that LeBrun(and others) have gone that route.
They sort of have to. Journalist jobs don't pay as much as they used to. LeBrun still gets work elsewhere but was fired from his gig at ESPN which was probably his main source of income.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Ugh, hate the unconditional paywall.

I've actually considered subscribing because they've put together a great staff, but unless i can see a sample, no way.

Reactions: KingTrouty

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
That's not the article, it's a link to a pay per view site for the article. And disappointed that LeBrun(and others) have gone that route.
it's the way of the world these days

everything has to be monetized, everything has to be a monthly payment

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Personally, I think The Athletic is worth the subscription (and the article is phenomenal, by the way). I know people like free content in the mass-media, instant-access world we live in, but being journalists and writing articles and stories is what these people do for a living. I doubt many people here would be thrilled if people never paid for whatever professional services they provided, whether members here are attorneys, doctors, administrators, etc.

Reactions: KingTrouty and mbar

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
I have no problems with pay walls. But I appreciate haven't at least a few free articles a month. And guess what if I hit that limit a time or two I decide it's worth paying for. If I don't then obviously I'm either not seeing the content or it's not of interest.

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Not a whole lot to discuss when there's a pay wall. I kinda doubt he says anything we haven't already heard anyway. Maybe some more detail, but that's about it.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Not a whole lot to discuss when there's a pay wall. I kinda doubt he says anything we haven't already heard anyway. Maybe some more detail, but that's about it.

Considering we haven't heard from Lombardi since he was fired, I'm not sure how that's true at all.

As someone who has read the interview, I can say with great surety...excuse me, I mean certainty...that the interview covers a lot of territory we haven't been privy to before.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Not my job to violate copyright law. People seemed to wonder if it was worth reading so I provided my input. I'm sorry I tried to be helpful. If you want to read it, go get a subscription.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Not my job to violate copyright law. People seemed to wonder if it was worth reading so I provided my input. I'm sorry I tried to be helpful. If you want to read it, go get a subscription.
It's not violating copyright law to talk about what was said. It's violating copyright law for you to copy and paste the article here. You can even legally post a few lines as long as you link the original content
Big difference.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The paywall thing sucks. Most paysites give you a week to a full 30 days of content to tryout their service before you commit. Not with them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad