Loktionov's Future?

fulgorre

Apr 5, 2010
Just wondering what your guys' take on Loki is. Does he have a future with the Kings or is buried by depth and will be forced to move? I had also heard rumors that if he wasn't going to make the Kings soon he might go back to Russia. Any truth to the rumors?

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I personally think he's either gonna get traded or go back to Russia. I doubt there's a place for him on the Kings unless the Kings do something drastic this summer.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Just wondering what your guys' take on Loki is. Does he have a future with the Kings or is buried by depth and will be forced to move? I had also heard rumors that if he wasn't going to make the Kings soon he might go back to Russia. Any truth to the rumors?

Loktionov likely won't play a Kings game again. Even if a couple centers get injured again, the Kings will move some wingers, like Lewis and Richardson, over to center. Or they may call up Vey.

He's already asked to be traded. It's just a matter of when Dean finds a taker.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
the countdown clock started for Lokti once Richards arrived and he had the opportunity to skate the wing, but couldn't. Lokti is a centerman and there is no room for the kid in LA. Dean moves him when he gets a fair offer, or he returns to RUS. hopefully DL can trade him so LA gets something back. I also hope he trades him so he gets a chance to make a team here. sucks dashing a kids dream to play, its one thing when they cant make the next cut due to talent. its another when it looks as though they have it, but need the time to mature . i wish him well, seems like a good kid

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
He has no future with the Kings and as a young center with skill, hopefully DL will trade him to a team where he can get the minutes in the system that best suits him.
I don't see him as a Sutter type player (and as much as I love Gagne, he's not either, Sutter likes more physical two way players)

The way players are getting injured, they'll be a team as the playoffs loom that will need depth and maybe then DL gets a little more for him.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Yeah, well, I wish he could make the transition to LW but he just couldn't do it. When Stoll re-signed, that was the end of Lokti's career with the Kings.

triplcrown

Jul 23, 2006
SF Valley, SoCal
Loktionov is a Red Wings-type player.

I bet we could get a decent draft pick from Detroit for him.
I think he could be an effective player for them, in their system.

But that is all he's worth to us now-Trade bait.

Ofcourse, Bud Holloway is a way, way better player than Loktionov.:nod:

But that's another issue.

sluice

Jan 16, 2013
Ottawa
Whats your guys though on his upside/potential, right now?
As 2nd line center? A Grabovski type of player?

sluice

Jan 16, 2013
Ottawa
A skilled, non-physical 2nd line playmaking center

How close to being a nhl regular is he?

I see that his stats seems to have declined in the AHL in the past year... but I've read that it's because he's working a lot on the defensive aspect of the game, correct?

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Look for a trade, maybe to Montreal who like small skilled forwards. Or a package with Bernier in the off season. He has no value to this current team since he can't play wing.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
As his biggest fan, I hope he gets traded. Florida could use a top 6 center I think. I believe Mueller's been playing center but he can play wing and Lokti can be a top 6 center there. I hope he doesn't just bolt to Russia, although I don't think he will unless the Kings keep him and just bury him in the AHL.

He kinda just had a **** situation. We obviously have had a #1 center for years now but I thought he had a legit shot at being our #2 center over Schenn but DL didn't want to give him that chance and opted to trade for Rick. Lokti can't play wing so that really ended any chance he had at being a full time NHLer with us.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Plenty of clubs in the NHL on which Lokitionov can make a contribution. It's up to Dean to find the best deal for the Kings and the for the kid.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
How close to being a nhl regular is he?

I see that his stats seems to have declined in the AHL in the past year... but I've read that it's because he's working a lot on the defensive aspect of the game, correct?

It's been a while since I've seen an AHL game, so I can't comment on that. He did backcheck when he played in the NHL, but he didn't show any strong acumen for it.

He's NHL ready for a team willing to give him a chance. He would be more successful with a softer, more skilled team, since he's not particularly strong.

Primakov!

Dec 9, 2003
Yesteryear
As his biggest fan, I hope he gets traded. Florida could use a top 6 center I think. I believe Mueller's been playing center but he can play wing and Lokti can be a top 6 center there. I hope he doesn't just bolt to Russia, although I don't think he will unless the Kings keep him and just bury him in the AHL.

Peter Mueller has been playing on right wing with Jonathan Huberdeau at center and Alexei Kovalev on left wing, which has been clicking rather well. They're not breaking that up for Loktionov.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Heres all the trade offers so far Alot i like
Henrik Tallinder for Loki + LA's 3rd 2013
Jeff Schultz?
I could see something like Bernier and Loktionov for Hjalmarsson.
Alex urbom for Lokti straight up?
Pens offer Ben Lovejoy
Holzer + 5th for Lokti + 7th
Hemsky, Danis, Teubert, 2nd 2013(Ana)for Loktionov, Penner and Bernier
I'd offer SpenceFrom a Leaf standpoint... I think of the players that I'd be prepared to offer, and it's guys like Holzer, Fraser, Colborne, Ashton
Machacek + CHI 2nd/CHI 3rd from WPG for Loktionov.
Maybe Rodin + 3rd? idk van
Machachek+ Machacek. and a 3rd
I'd easily give CHI 2nd + Machacek.
Brandon Burlon?
Loktionov + Bernier for Paajarvi + Belanger
Bernier + Loktionov For Gunnarson + CMac
Brian Lashoff
liles for lok
Loktionov to Boston for McQuaid
Mike Komisarek (1 mil retained this year and next)
Holzer straight up for Lokti
Yannick Weber for him ?
You ll see something like Lokitionov to Detroit for Kindle
I'll predict to DAL for Morrow, just for the hell of it.
Kaberle straight up muahahha
I'd give up Holzer or maybe even Colborne if you want a similar C prospect back
How about a "misfit toys" trade: Loktionov for Perreault?
C Andrei Loktionov for LW Jeremy Morin or LW Kyle Beach
Prout and a 3rd columbus
Patrick Holland from montreal

ok sports fans what do you like best lots of offers from the main board

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad