Waived: Logan Shaw (Claimed by Montreal)

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Hate is a strong word. Thought he was OK as a 4th liner.

Good hustle, poor hockey IQ. (Too often he'd circle back, lose the puck and/or make a poor decision leading to the opposition gaining possession, instead of just skating it out and/or dumping it in.)

Perhaps he'll be a positive addition for the Gulls.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Hate is a strong word. Thought he was OK as a 4th liner.

Good hustle, poor hockey IQ. (Too often he'd circle back, lose the puck and/or make a poor decision leading to the opposition gaining possession, instead of just skating it out and/or dumping it in.)

Perhaps he'll be a positive addition for the Gulls.
I think some of the comments have been quite hateful over the time he has been here.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
He was just so plain, I think that's why people didn't like him so much. I am glad we have moved on from him, but he wasn't a huge liability for a 4th liner, he just was so average it's hard to watch.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
He has been ok. Not a liability by any means and actually played pretty well in his time here. I'd say the only thing that irked me was Carlyle over played him at times. That's certainly not his fault.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
not going to lose any sleep over this, but Shaw was not a terrible player. He ate minutes, was generally not a liability... but didn't provide much else. I have to say I agree though that I'd rather see him stay than Boll, though.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
He had a pretty good shot, too.

Which he rarely used. Very little offensive instinct - the number of times he turned back into his own zone instead pushing the play makes my head hurt.

Once in a while, he would be fully engaged, skate at full tilt, and actually take some goddamn shots. That once in a while was never enough for him to stay here.

It's peculiar, actually. Some players have some good tools but are too inconsistent to use them all at once, but it feels like Shaw deliberately makes conservative plays to avoid making mistakes. Which would work better if you're a defenceman, but he's a winger.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Which he rarely used. Very little offensive instinct - the number of times he turned back into his own zone instead pushing the play makes my head hurt.

Once in a while, he would be fully engaged, skate at full tilt, and actually take some goddamn shots. That once in a while was never enough for him to stay here.
I don't disagree with that. His hockey IQ wasn't good enough to be an offensive threat at the NHL level.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Shaw ate way too much crap for a guy who basically never did anything wrong, and did contribute on the pk (a top 10 pk at that).

Yeah he never really hurt anything. Always hoped for someone capable of higher impact in that spot, but there was no reason to rip the guy.

Montreal lost Danault after that Chara slapshot to the face, and now Andrew Shaw to a LBI, so they needed an NHL forward.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Good luck in Montreal, Shaw. Hoping that he'll find an NHL job there.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Bolts fan here. Everything most of you are saying about this guy is exactly what most of us said about JT Brown.
I see Brownov already got an assist with you guys today, nice, hopefully he is somewhat useful for you guys.
He's got good speed (only in a straight line), and he will "try" to stick up for his teammates. He had less than negative offense impact for us tho. Every breakaway he's ever had is simply cringe worthy. He's a nice guy tho.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
A lot of 4th liners are thrown against a wall to see they will stick. Some will never fit in and some just have to find the right place and then it works out.

Generally they are always viewed better than the guy that wore out his welcome and was let go... at least until the newness wears off. Brown may or may not stick, but neither one will turn the Duck's season around.

John

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Bolts fan here. Everything most of you are saying about this guy is exactly what most of us said about JT Brown.

I think the difference here is that Tampa has a very deep lineup where talent and usefulness is relatively equally distributed, whereas Anaheim has three diminishingly good lines and one absolutely atrocious dogshit line. Your useless 4th line player is going to be way more useful than ours, in all likelihood.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I see Brownov already got an assist with you guys today, nice, hopefully he is somewhat useful for you guys.
He's got good speed (only in a straight line), and he will "try" to stick up for his teammates. He had less than negative offense impact for us tho. Every breakaway he's ever had is simply cringe worthy. He's a nice guy tho.

That doesn't seem to match what other Bolts fans have said. If JT Brown fore-checks, he's already ahead of Shaw. If he fights/stands up for teammates, he's already ahead of Shaw. If he uses his speed to even creates chances, he's already ahead of Shaw.

Not saying we're getting a great player or anything, but I don't see the comparison. The only thing Shaw could be counted on was to not screw anything up. Had his moments on the PK, but was a very vanilla player who didn't provide much on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad