Recalled/Assigned: Logan Mailloux recalled from Laval

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Can't wait for the defensive clinic from the Hutson-Mailloux pairing. Please, do it.
1520256134-risitasue2.png

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
There will be 0 defense played tonight, let's f***ing go.
While Mailloux is not great defensively he has improved immensely since the beginning of the year. With that said he will be facing a determined Detroit team with an intensity he has never experienced.
Let's remember that he put up 47 points as a rookie who played less than 100 OHL games. His upside is the most intriguing of any Habs prospect.

Reactions: bsl and Habs Icing

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
My guess the D pairings tonight will be:

Matheson - Barron
Hutson - Savard
Harris - Mailloux

Possibly down the road:
Guhle - Barron (maybe someone else)
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux

Barron did play his best hockey of the season when he was paired with Guhle.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
My guess the D pairings tonight will be:

Matheson - Barron
Hutson - Savard
Harris - Mailloux

Possibly down the road:
Guhle - Barron (maybe someone else)
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux

Barron did play his best hockey of the season when he was paired with Guhle.
I love all of those pairings. For the future...if Barron/Struble/Harris/Engstrom don't grab that spot by the balls perhaps we take a swing at a UFA RD. I also think Rein and Mailloux could be top pairing RD in the long run, meaning Barron/Struble/Harris/Engstrom slot on bottom pair.

So much depth. Lots to play with.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I love all of those pairings. For the future...if Barron/Struble/Harris/Engstrom don't grab that spot by the balls perhaps we take a swing at a UFA RD. I also think Rein and Mailloux could be top pairing RD in the long run, meaning Barron/Struble/Harris/Engstrom slot on bottom pair.

So much depth. Lots to play with.

Definitely. You can also place the guys you listed, Struble, Harris & Engstrom, they can also be put somewhere on there depending on who grabs the bull by the horns.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
We have the dumbest fanbase ever.

Now I see multiple people claiming that Justin Barron is terrible.

Are these the same hockey geniuses that claimed Jonathan Drouin would be out of the league?

Are these the same brilliant minds that declared Brendan Gallagher useless and no longer an NHL calibre player?

I don't know what's worse, the clueless hot takes are the complete lack of accountability when they are obviously wrong.

Last edited:

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't know what's worse, the clueless hot takes are the complete lack of accountability when they are obviously wrong.
It's just the hyperbole. Once they lock in on hating a player, he can never do anything right and is the worst player ever. And yeah, it's almost a sickness to double down on your stance no matter what happens. It's disingenuous and of no value to productive analysis.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Are these the same hockey geniuses that claimed Jonathan Drouin would be out of the league?

Are these the same brilliant minds that declared Brendan Gallagher useless and no longer an NHL calibre player?

Drou is putting up 35% of the points of his linemate. If he played in Arizona he would be out of the league.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Although I feel you're a little over the top with the insult, I agree with you that Barron has not been terrible. Reading this thread, I wondered if I watched the same games as some of the other posters.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I’m glad this won’t affect Laval as he’ll be back down by the weekend. Unless he gets hurt of course which would be par for the course.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013

There are quite a number of terrible posters here with terrible takes. You gotta sift through a lot of crap to find quality analysis for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad