Value of: Logan Brown to STL

Boyesfan

Feb 4, 2008
I've just been bored like everyone else and was wondering what the Sens would want for him. I know he hasn't exactly panned out like they had hoped and I would love to get him on the Blues. So I'm just curious what it would take.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I've just been bored like everyone else and was wondering what the Sens would want for him. I know he hasn't exactly panned out like they had hoped and I would love to get him on the Blues. So I'm just curious what it would take.
I definitely wouldnt say Brown hasn't panned out as hoped. He was always seen as a project, but he just turned 22, has 70pts in 71 AHL games and had 8pts in 23 games in the NHL this year. He's massive and skilled and his game has developed pretty consistently. He will get a big chance this upcoming season. I really cant think of anything we would trade him for; we need him more than an equivalent prospect in any other position.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
There is a fairly decent chance that Logan Brown will bust, but even knowing that I think the Senators are content to keep him and hope for the best. Ottawa desperately needs what Brown could become - what they don't need are more picks and prospects. It also makes little sense to trade him for veteran NHL talent given how far away they are from even competing for a wild card spot.

I just don't know what any team could reasonably offer the Senators to entice them to make this sort of deal.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
There is a fairly decent chance that Logan Brown will bust, but even knowing that I think the Senators are content to keep him and hope for the best. Ottawa desperately needs what Brown could become - what they don't need are more picks and prospects. It also makes little sense to trade him for veteran NHL talent given how far away they are from even competing for a wild card spot.

I just don't know what any team could reasonably offer the Senators to entice them to make this sort of deal.
would presumably need to be a prospect-for-prospect deal addressing an area of need for Ottawa. I don't know that Ottawa has any positional-prospect needs though, other than 'top-end' talent...so I'd agree that it's a difficult proposition to make have make sense.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
The Senators need a top line center badly, Logan Brown might end up busting, but he still has potential. So unless a team is offering a young center with more potential, I doubt they trade him. Which doesn't make sense for any other team.

Now if the Sens draft Byfield or someone this year, maybe they deem him expendable.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
The Senators need a top line center badly, Logan Brown might end up busting, but he still has potential. So unless a team is offering a young center with more potential, I doubt they trade him. Which doesn't make sense for any other team.

Now if the Sens draft Byfield or someone this year, maybe they deem him expendable.

Well if that scenario happens, what do the Sens want for him?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Brown has all the makings of a top 6 center, just needs time and needs to stay healthy.

42P/56GP as an AHL rookie and 28P/25GP as a 2nd year player is pretty damn good

Given the huge hole in the top 6 at center going forward, selling low on Brown when he's not yet a finished product makes no sense.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Maybe if the Sens get Byfield/Stutzle/Rossi and think Norris and White are both centers going forward, maybe a swap of Brown and Kyrou would be something they'd be interested in.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
28pts in 25 games in the AHL. It would have to be something pretty enticing to move a dude they picked 11 overall.

Kostin + 2nd?

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
Defensive prospect and a second. If we draft Byfield then his value drops. White, Byfield and Norris are all the top 3 centres we need next season. Brown becomes expendable sadly. Has all the drama of what Zbad trade was.

Reactions: simon IC

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Defensive prospect and a second. If we draft Byfield then his value drops. White, Byfield and Norris are all the top 3 centres we need next season. Brown becomes expendable sadly. Has all the drama of what Zbad trade was.
Would Scott Perunovich interest Ottawa? We don't own our 2nd this year, unfortunately. I have always been intrigued with local boy Logan Brown.

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
Would Scott Perunovich interest Ottawa? We don't own our 2nd this year, unfortunately. I have always been intrigued with local boy Logan Brown.
you almost got me. I like his stats a lot but shoots the wrong side and unsigned. Sweeten the pot and Im down for a trade.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Hmmm. The only RD prospect we have is Mitch Reinke, who struggled a bit in the AHL this season. Reinke could be a candidate for a "change of scenery" trade, however. In St. Louis he has Parayko, Faulk, Bortuzzo and (hopefully), Pietrangelo ahead of him, so he is unlikely to crack the lineup any time soon.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Norris is hardly a sure thing as an nhl player. He’s had a very good year in Belleville, but that doesn’t guarantee nhl success. In saying that, Brown is likely running out of time to prove he can be an nhl player. He’s got to figure it out soon.

Reactions: bert

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'd like him in SJ. I was a big fan of his pre-draft, but haven't followed him since. Having him and Hertl as two top 9 (or even both top 6) centres would be sweet. If Logan could push captain Logan to the wing, we'd be happy.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Norris is hardly a sure thing as an nhl player. He’s had a very good year in Belleville, but that doesn’t guarantee nhl success. In saying that, Brown is likely running out of time to prove he can be an nhl player. He’s got to figure it out soon.

blows my mind when I read stuff like this
Brown has progressed every year substantially

Guys like Blake Wheeler and Kevin Hayes were not even PPG players in the ncaa at 21

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Can't see anything that makes any level of sense given that the Senators need cheap young talent more than anything and are specifically missing a 1C of the future (which seems to be Brown's perceived ceiling).

It's not that the Blues don't have pieces that are more valuable than Logan Brown, but none of those pieces fit the Sens needs the way Brown does either.

Boyesfan

Feb 4, 2008
Ok I was just wondering, I work in St. Louis and just met Logan and Jeff Brown the other day and they talked to me for a solid 20 mins and Logan seemed to have a good head on his shoulders. So I was just curious, thanks for the polite conversation :)

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Ok I was just wondering, I work in St. Louis and just met Logan and Jeff Brown the other day and they talked to me for a solid 20 mins and Logan seemed to have a good head on his shoulders. So I was just curious, thanks for the polite conversation :)

Jeff was so good here in STL, guy took forever to get recognized but still one of my all time favs running the point on the PP with that heavy, accurate shot of his. Plus he totally could have played an elf in Lord of the Rings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad