Lockout is Over.....2013 Preseason Talk!

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Sorry if this is discussed somewhere else or this is the wrong threat to ask thi, but what is Andrew Peters' role in the organization? I keep hearing people drop his name (Ruff in his presser for example). Is he a trainer or just having fun with the guys during informal drills and skates?

I don't think he has a role...he was organizing their practices. I think they believe the adage of Those who can't, teach (coach) would make him the perfect person to lead them.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Sorry if this is discussed somewhere else or this is the wrong threat to ask thi, but what is Andrew Peters' role in the organization? I keep hearing people drop his name (Ruff in his presser for example). Is he a trainer or just having fun with the guys during informal drills and skates?

I think he just ran the players through some drills and scrimmages. He can't be officially affiliated with the Sabres and run these things due to the lockout still not officially over. I believe he is a local youth hockey coach, not sure where.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I don't think he has a role...he was organizing their practices. I think they believe the adage of Those who can't, teach (coach) would make him the perfect person to lead them.

kind of what i had figured. He has always been a good team guy, so it makes sense that he'd be organizing some practices. Thanks.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Pepsi Center? FNC?
Northtown Center (aka Pepsi Center).

Him and McKee are running skates until NHLPA ratifies CBA, then regular staff can begin interacting with the players. He's a Hockey Hotline regular on Tue and Thu.

Bosswally

Aug 2, 2011
Chattanooga, TN

ya he and Jay Mckee(whose twitter i love btw) are leading the unofficial camp for sabres players

they are alumni who still live in the area and don't technically work for the team yet so they can do this

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Thanks, everyone, for your quick responses and explanations. That's kind of what i had figured he was doing, but wasn't 100%. Also, I didn't realize McKee was involved, too. I think it's great those guys have taken time to work with the team.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
HERE is what the Pens are offering their fans, so with Black coming from that organization, would you expect something similar?
The Pittsburgh Penguins will offer FREE selected concession items and “half off†all merchandise at the team’s first four games at CONSOL Energy Center.

Every fan attending each of those games will receive a voucher for three free concession items. Fans may choose from among hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, nachos, popcorn, pretzels, salads and fountain drinks.

All merchandise at “PensGear†stores will be half off for the first four games. The PensGear store in the main lobby of CONSOL Energy Center and PensGear at SouthSide Works will offer the half-off discount throughout the day on the first four home dates.

In addition, the Penguins will hold a week-long program of contests for fans to win exciting prizes leading up to the home opener. The contests will be held via social media and the team’s website. Prizes include:

• A pair of tickets to every home game during the 2013 regular season
  • A road trip for two to see the Penguins play the Rangers in New York City (airfare, accommodations, tickets)
  • Three autographed jerseys – one each from Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and Marc-Andre Fleury
  • Four seats in the first row at the home opener, including dinner in the Lexus Club and limo service to and from the game
  • Two five-game mini-plans
  • Six lower bowl tickets to any regular season game
  • $700 of merchandise at PensGear
Training camp sessions at CONSOL Energy Center will be open to the public (free admission).

The Penguins will distribute promotional items at each of the first 15 home games. All fans attending the home opener will receive a gold “Great Day For Hockey†t-shirt.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
The way I see this, either Grigs or Hecht will be on this team and centering the 3rd line come the 20th.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I agree that's most likely, but I would be surprised and happy if Regier found someone outside the organization.

Who else is available? Assuming Moore chooses to take this year off.

There isn't much in the way of options for a 3rd line, defensive C. Other than trade.

NoClue4u

Dec 8, 2008
Boston, MA
Does anyone have any predictions for what happens to TJ Brennan? He has to clear waivers to be sent to the AHL and I imagine he will get picked up by some team that is looking for an offense oriented D-man. So do we keep him up, take the risk of sending him down, or trade him?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Does anyone have any predictions for what happens to TJ Brennan? He has to clear waivers to be sent to the AHL and I imagine he will get picked up by some team that is looking for an offense oriented D-man. So do we keep him up, take the risk of sending him down, or trade him?

He stays up, we carry 23

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
HERE is what the Pens are offering their fans, so with Black coming from that organization, would you expect something similar?

And sure enough:

BUFFALO, N.Y. (January 10, 2013) --- The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team will be holding a ‘Fan Appreciation Sale’ to mark the beginning of training camp and the opening of the 2012-13 season. The sale, which runs for the duration of training camp and ends after the team’s first home game, will offer fans a 50% discount on all merchandise in the Sabres Store at First Niagara Center.

“Our fans showed tremendous patience and loyalty during the past few months,†said Buffalo Sabres President Ted Black. “Nothing will erase the pain of a lockout and cancelled games but we wanted to give back to our fans in this way to get them excited for what is sure to be a fast-paced and thrilling 2012-13 season.â€

The Sabres Store will be offering extended hours throughout the Fan Appreciation Sale to give fans ample time to take advantage of the sale. In addition to its normal hours of 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., the store will be open for all training camp practices that are open to the public.

Training camp dates will be announced in the coming days as the NHL releases an official schedule for the 2012-13 regular season.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=649735&navid=DL|BUF|home

BWidz8930

Jul 6, 2012

Gotta keep him up if you ask me. If we try to send him down then he's gone anyway, so may as well carry 8 D (counting Scott as a forward here) and give him a game or two per week to see if he can be an asset at this level rather than the liability he was last year.

Speaking of roster constrictions, could someone refresh my memory on how IR works entering the season? I doubt we'll get clarity any time soon on the extent of Gerbe and Cody Mac's injuries but could they be candidates for that list so that they won't be taking up space on the roster?

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Do you think that will apply to online purchases as well? Re-reading it, it sounds like no.

Sabres don't run the online store, so they can't control pricing there.

Plus I'd bet some marketing wizard for the league said it was a good idea to get people back into the arenas spending their money, so advised them to team store it only.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Do you think that will apply to online purchases as well? Re-reading it, it sounds like no.

When they did fan appreciation day, last time, i don't think that online purchases were covered because the individual teams don't manage the online stores or something. I think the league does. Don't quote me on that, though.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Re: Sabres store.

Previous sales (40% off the 40 anniversary jersey) you could call and have them ship straight from the Sabres store to you. Worked well.

Not sure if they will do this for this or not.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
50% off? Count me in. Although, it's a ploy to get them money already. :cry: Suggestions on what to buy? I feel like I have everything I need for going to Sabres games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad