Lockout is Over.....2013 Preseason Talk!

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I would think that there might be a day or two before things start really happening.

But, I imagine that come midweek, Darcy might make a deal or two.

Maybe so but didn't Darcy say a few days back he had already taken some calls from teams looking for d-men? I'm sure there are a few desperate teams that want to take care of their blueline as quick as possible and would turn to another team if Regier drags his feet.....and a few hours in this crazy season could be considered dragging your feet.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Maybe so but didn't Darcy say a few days back he had already taken some calls from teams looking for d-men? I'm sure there are a few desperate teams that want to take care of their blueline as quick as possible and would turn to another team if Regier drags his feet.....and a few hours in this crazy season could be considered dragging your feet.

Could also be that the NHL offices might be closed Sunday.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
is Sabres Store merchandise the same price as from the on-line store? may give 'em a call during the sale and see if I can buy over the phone, but it'd be handy to know what the cost of stuff is before putting mah shopping list together.

Yes, Sabre merchandise in the Sabres store is price the same as their online store. Well ok a few items may be a few bucks cheaper at the Sabres store than online but for the most part, they are the same price. Unfortunately the Sabres don't run it, the NHL does and they-NHL-at this point are not going to honor the 50% off deal. So out-of-town Sabre fans who can't get to the FNC to take advantage are screwed.

Call the Sabres store sometime today and see if they will be able to do a small order on the phone for ya - like just a jersey. When they had a 40% off deal on our those anniversary jerseys (this was sometime before last season) people were able to call and get the same deal as people who went to the Sabres store. You may get lucky and get a nice person to give you the deal.

Last edited:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Could also be that the NHL offices might be closed Sunday.

Quite sure that won't be the case. The league announced that regular roster activity could begin at midnight last night, so there's no reason to believe they then wouldn't be open for business today. I'm sure you'll see some re-signings and minor signings today and tomorrow. I'm sure there will be a few trades between now and the start of the season but I wouldn't expect a lot or anything major.

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
Thoughts on dealing leopold to edmonton for a deal including omark? He's tearing up in europe, has had success in both AHL and NHl but is lost in the edmonton depth chart, similar to brennan for us. I think a
Omark-Grigorenko-Armia
Line next year could be dangerous

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Thoughts on dealing leopold to edmonton for a deal including omark? He's tearing up in europe, has had success in both AHL and NHl but is lost in the edmonton depth chart, similar to brennan for us. I think a
Omark-Grigorenko-Armia
Line next year could be dangerous

No to omark. We need to move more bodies and omark character rises issues.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Didn't he refuse to play in the AHL at one point?

Omark just seems like a guy who you like the idea of, but is maddeningly frustrating in reality

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=12820&navid=nhl:topheads

The Sabres announced Monday that they sold 31,213 tickets for the 2012-13 season on Sunday during a 24-hour pre-sale period for current season-ticket holders and current mini-pack holders. The amount sold sets a club record for single-day ticket sales -- excluding sales on the first day of availability for the 2008 NHL Winter Classic.

Sabres set ticket-sale record Sunday

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
And knowing Darcy, he will hold out until he gets the best possible deal...after all he got a first for Paul Gaustad.

I assume if Darcy moves a quality body from the backend (such as Leopold), he wants a body in return in the form of a forward (either bottom six center, young-ish guy in need of new scenery, or a defensive bottom-sixer). I don't see him taking a pick unless they decide Brennen's not going to stick and want to unload him. In which case, he would probably still ask for a lot and want a 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad