Confirmed with Link: Lockout continues Part V - Hockey cancelled till January 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Wow, I was reading the full proposal and there are some interesting, yet major changes happening.

One of the biggest things being that you can trade salary! Burkie won! hahaha If they agree to it, of course.

Burke doesn't have a problem with cap circumvention as long as it's on his terms .

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Can't you agree that being able to trade salary will do a hell of lot to facilitate more trades in this league? Trades are exciting for the fans, after all.

All i it will do is allow the poor teams to shift salary off there books .

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
If Kypreos says this offer won't be good enough for the NHLPA, then what's the point of them giving the NHL a counter offer? Chances are Bettman won't accept it because he wants things done his way.

To play games. Obviously, once again, the league is expecting a yes, or a no answer. Instead, they'll get a counter proposal that cherry picks points again. It'll be like: 9 year contract limit, 20% variance, compliance buyout coming from owner's share, etc. The owners won't even bother reading it, and just like the last "counter-proposal", it'll be rejected in less than 5 mins.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
***Implementation of a weighted Draft Lottery in which all non-Playoff teams compete for opportunity to choose first overall in the annual Draft***

Thats different

Now they just need to get rid of the weighted portion, so there's no benefit for finishing dead last. ******* all the tanking BS.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I don't see a problem with that, to be honest.

I don't see a problem as a Leaf fan either but i also also didn't see a problem with other cap circumventions like back sliding deals or burying NHL contracts in the minors .

The way i see it however is either you want a cap to even the playing field and control costs or you get rid of it . Building in cap circumvention clauses makes the league look mickey mouse .

Newfie John

Hall of Famer
Jul 3, 2005
Can't see us not having a season at this point, but we have a peak and valley of negotiations to go through yet. At this point both sides are trying to squeeze juice out of a turnip.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Now they just need to get rid of the weighted portion, so there's no benefit for finishing dead last. ******* all the tanking BS.

How about rewarding teams that actually put a quality product on the ice . The cup winners get the 1st pick and then the picks filter down to the worst team that get's the 30th pick . That will teach the tanking mother ****ers . I mean why should the Kings get punished for putting together a cup winning team .

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
I don't see a problem as a Leaf fan either but i also also didn't see a problem with other cap circumventions like back sliding deals or burying NHL contracts in the minors .

The way i see it however is either you want a cap to even the playing field and control costs or you get rid of it . Building in cap circumvention clauses makes the league look mickey mouse .

It's not exclusively cap circumvention, though. I think there are plenty of legitimate reasons why this is a good thing, as well.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
How about rewarding teams that actually put a quality product on the ice . The cup winners get the 1st pick and then the picks filter down to the worst team that get's the 30th pick . That will teach the tanking mother ****ers . I mean why should the Kings get punished for putting together a cup winning team .

Every team should try its hardest to make the championship run every season, in any sport. Not giving any more of a guarantee WRT pick priority to the team who finished last, or the team who finished 1 point out of playoffs would help enforce this.

Why should the same turd GMs who literally have done nothing but sell off a bunch of their players keep getting their welfare cheques?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad