locker room sale

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Got a bottle of McDavid's sweat that I plan to dilute and sell as an energy drink for profit. It smells absolutely generational!!!

Having trouble with thinking of a name to call it though. "97 random household products with a drop of McDavid's sweat" just doesn't roll off the tongue very nicely.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Got a bottle of McDavid's sweat that I plan to dilute and sell as an energy drink for profit. It smells absolutely generational!!!

Having trouble with thinking of a name to call it though. "97 random household products with a drop of McDavid's sweat" just doesn't roll off the tongue very nicely.

McJesus Juice

Use your brain man..

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Will it be able to compete with Butters' Creamy Goo?

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Let's get back on topic here. Who bought Klefbom's pound of ankle flesh? Hope you brought a cooler.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
There was nothing game used of McDavid, so didn't really get anything that I really wanted.

I did get a Klefbom game used stick, might even be contaminated with the Staph...

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
There was nothing game used of McDavid, so didn't really get anything that I really wanted.

I did get a Klefbom game used stick, might even be contaminated with the Staph...

I'll tell my buddy that I went with that his McDavid game used helmet he got today doesn't exist then :laugh:

If you were there at the very beginning (VIPs got to buy stuff at 9 am) they even announced that there was game used McDavid stuff.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I hate to tell you, but you are incorrect.

There was some McDavid stuff, autographs, but nothing game used. I lined up at 2am and confirmed with the memorabilia manager that there were no game used gloves, helmets or sticks of McDavid.

Not sure what you know that I don't but I'd question it.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I'll tell my buddy that I went with that his McDavid game used helmet he got today doesn't exist then :laugh:

If you were there at the very beginning (VIPs got to buy stuff at 9 am) they even announced that there was game used McDavid stuff.

They announced there were autographed McDavid items on the announcement by Jack Michaels, not necessarily game used.

Like I said, I was there about 7 hours in advance.

To be fair, I was focused on sticks and gloves, which I know there wasn't any. There were 3 signed McDavid pro stock sticks, but not game used.

McDavid did sign some of the team helmets, which were game worn, but didn't see any game worn of his.

If it exists, you should tell him to take a picture of the sticker on the helmet saying game used McDavid helmet.

If true, must've got lucky.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
My buddy got a game used helmet used by Eberle, signed by the whole team, including McDavid. But obviously that doesn't count.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Anyone else go and get anything cool? Anyone get anything cool that's older Rexall related?

I might try to bid on some stuff on the auction but I'm guessing all the really cool stuff will be well out of my price range.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Yeah, we were lamenting today that the auction stuff is a pipe dream for normal folks.

I did get to sit in the video theatre seating during the locker room open house. The whole walkthrough was great. Never seen any of it before.

I scored a few Toronto Roadrunners jerseys as that's more my thing. Was disappointed with the lack of Oilers pro jerseys, but they were blowing out Yakupov, and surprisingly, Eberle jerseys. The best deals (to me) were player shirts, flags, banners, and inflatable Stanley Cups for $5 each.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Yeah, we were lamenting today that the auction stuff is a pipe dream for normal folks.

I did get to sit in the video theatre seating during the locker room open house. The whole walkthrough was great. Never seen any of it before.

I scored a few Toronto Roadrunners jerseys as that's more my thing. Was disappointed with the lack of Oilers pro jerseys, but they were blowing out Yakupov, and surprisingly, Eberle jerseys. The best deals (to me) were player shirts, flags, banners, and inflatable Stanley Cups for $5 each.

Ya I took the tour as well. I had been in there before, but never the weight room or video and coaches rooms. That was cool.

I also bought a program for a dollar from the first game I went to which easy kinda cool.

I have a fantasy of me winning the auction for the Oilers logo from the dressing room floor :laugh:

What's wrong with dreaming, right?

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Ya I took the tour as well. I had been in there before, but never the weight room or video and coaches rooms. That was cool.

I also bought a program for a dollar from the first game I went to which easy kinda cool.

I have a fantasy of me winning the auction for the Oilers logo from the dressing room floor :laugh:

What's wrong with dreaming, right?

Which game was that? A friend scored a couple programs from games against the Whalers, our WHA buddies. It was crazy to see all those programs in mint condition. I looked for the program to my first game (St. Louis, 1981-82) but no dice. I did grab 6 media guides to fill in holes in my collection. Jack Michaels was hawking the guides relentlessly. Like a radio that you couldn't turn off, haha.

That logo would be amazing. An Oilers holy monument of sorts. Treat it with reverence!!! lol

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB

And the only thing I really wanted was a McDavid game used autographed stick. The nice thing about the locker room sales they are reasonably priced. Too bad they didn't have any. My guess likely between $800 to $1,200 based on what I've seen other Oiler rookies prices at in the past.

That's still a lot for some, but sure beats paying 6 grand in an auction :laugh:

Sadly, he just didn't play enough games to go through enough sticks and they don't even have any to auction off either till next year.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Which game was that? A friend scored a couple programs from games against the Whalers, our WHA buddies. It was crazy to see all those programs in mint condition. I looked for the program to my first game (St. Louis, 1981-82) but no dice. I did grab 6 media guides to fill in holes in my collection. Jack Michaels was hawking the guides relentlessly. Like a radio that you couldn't turn off, haha.

That logo would be amazing. An Oilers holy monument of sorts. Treat it with reverence!!! lol

Haha, I will post on here all the pics if I win it. I'm willing to bid a fair amount but I'm skeptical I can outbid the hardcore with deeeeeep pockets.

My first game was a little later, the home opener of the 1993-94 season. Worked out great because it was the first one on top on that certain box of programs!

I also bought some worn Draisaitl under armour training shoes that were signed. Why you ask? No idea :laugh:

Probably justify why I was there so early and sleep deprivation.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
They announced there were autographed McDavid items on the announcement by Jack Michaels, not necessarily game used.

Like I said, I was there about 7 hours in advance.

To be fair, I was focused on sticks and gloves, which I know there wasn't any. There were 3 signed McDavid pro stock sticks, but not game used.

McDavid did sign some of the team helmets, which were game worn, but didn't see any game worn of his.

If it exists, you should tell him to take a picture of the sticker on the helmet saying game used McDavid helmet.

If true, must've got lucky.

All good man no reason for anyone to be sceptical. Actually iirc he said there was McDavid memorabilia not autographs or game used specifically.

It doesn't matter if you got there at 2 Am, 3 Am or 4 am (someone got there at 10:30 pm last night :laugh: ), I got there at 5 am and was probably 30th in line but that only means I got on ice level about 1 minute after you. If you ran for say the stick rack 10 other people were right behind you going for the equipment table or autograph picture table so you would have no idea what was there at the beginning right?

If you did actually talk to the memorabilia manager then that's incredibly surprising and lucky because most of the people working there were volunteers and there was hundreds of people scattered everywhere but you have no reason to make that up so I believe you :)

Yes my buddy got a McDavid used helmet. I'm not going to tell him to take a picture of the tag to prove something to a forum random. He would laugh at me and tell me to get a life. I have no reason to lie about a ****ing helmet :laugh:

As for the thread though, I got an Oilers team signed practice jersey (year unknown but it looks like from 2014), a team signed jersey from this season (with Mcdavid), a pair of Sekera used/signed gloves and also a Sather night banner

My buddy got the helmet, used and signed Klefbom gloves, a nuge used stick, a Sather banner and 50% off a Draisaitl jersey.

Overall I'd say we got a good haul :)

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
All good man no reason for anyone to be sceptical. Actually iirc he said there was McDavid memorabilia not autographs or game used specifically.

It doesn't matter if you got there at 2 Am, 3 Am or 4 am (someone got there at 10:30 pm last night :laugh: ), I got there at 5 am and was probably 30th in line but that only means I got on ice level about 1 minute after you. If you ran for say the stick rack 10 other people were right behind you going for the equipment table or autograph picture table so you would have no idea what was there at the beginning right?

If you did actually talk to the memorabilia manager then that's incredibly surprising and lucky because most of the people working there were volunteers and there was hundreds of people scattered everywhere but you have no reason to make that up so I believe you :)

Yes my buddy got a McDavid used helmet. I'm not going to tell him to take a picture of the tag to prove something to a forum random. He would laugh at me and tell me to get a life. I have no reason to lie about a ****ing helmet :laugh:

As for the thread though, I got an Oilers team signed practice jersey (year unknown but it looks like from 2014), a team signed jersey from this season (with Mcdavid), a pair of Sekera used/signed gloves and also a Sather night banner

My buddy got the helmet, used and signed Klefbom gloves, a nuge used stick, a Sather banner and 50% off a Draisaitl jersey.

Overall I'd say we got a good haul :)

Well, I talked to Dwayne, who coordinates all the memorabilia for this and the mini locker room sales in the year I believe.

Like I said though, I only did ask him about sticks and gloves since those were my top 2 priorities, stick being number 1. So I only know 100% there were none of those. Never asked specifically about helmets.

If he did get the helmet it likely was the only one in the entire building, which is awesome.

I did go to the helmet area after the sticks since it didn't take long to tell no McDavid, but didn't notice any with a 97 on it. Almost bought a Hall but I kinda have enough of his stuff by now anyways.

We need McDavid to play a full year next year for both team and our collecting success.

Also, I probably shouldn't have said tag. I'd love to just see pictures of the helmet in general because I like seeing awesome stuff, but not a big deal either way. Didn't intend for it to come off as rude.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Maybe I should bid on the Oilers logo on the outside of Rexall. I'd need to rent a tractor trailer to haul that ***** though :laugh:

Not sure what someone would do with that massive thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad