Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
The only reason they'd want to do a newsdump on a Friday, was if their message was "we are staying the course" and/or "we are going to take our time to evaluate".

If they were firing Keefe this week, I doubt they'd move this to a Friday.
Agreed, they would fire Keefe before Friday. I wish them luck if they say they are running it back.

We can't say we don't at least get drama for our money around the Leafs.
Well you can't say you get lots of playoff hockey for your money. You get drama instead.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I read somewhere that Marner said something about 1st round exit, adversity etc., that they "learned a lot" from it. If I was a reporter, I'd love to ask him what he learned this time that he didn't learn from all the previous 1st round exits and adversity they've faced.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Even though Ullmark was very good and not responsible for Boston's Game 2 loss, that was still the only game in which the Leafs put up three goals due to Swayman's play being of the highest tier. Montgomery discovered by Game 3 that a good plan for the regular season isn't necessarily going to carry over during the playoffs. Comparatively, Keefe was arguably a little late to the party with Woll. Game 7 was still unfortunate for the team as a whole though and the biggest takeaway should be that Toronto just didn't generate enough offence to win the series.
Well, we scored 1 goal as is our game 7 tradition, you mean that's not enough? I mean OK sometimes we do get shut out but we manage one goal most of the time, just saying.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Agreed, they would fire Keefe before Friday. I wish them luck if they say they are running it back
Yep - I don't think they will say that outwardly, but they'll be trying to portray patience, partly because they want Pelley to take his time and analyze everything, and party because they don't want to tip their hand to the rest of the league that they are desperate to make moves, forcing only pennies-on-the-dollar offers for Marner.

Reactions: ToneDog

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Marner contemplating future with Maple Leafs, staying 'would be a goal' | NHL.com

"[Being a Maple Leaf] means the world," Marner said. "Obviously we're looked upon [highly] here, to be honest, and something that you really appreciate. The love that you get here from this fan base and this attention is none like any other. You saw with the (NBA's Toronto) Raptors a couple years ago, the love [fans] still have for a lot of those players (who helped them win a championship in 2019) that they had to trade off this year. That's the love you want."

NHL network helping Marner by censoring his gods remarks. Media guy being so mean in place...

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I read somewhere that Marner said something about 1st round exit, adversity etc., that they "learned a lot" from it. If I was a reporter, I'd love to ask him what he learned this time that he didn't learn from all the previous 1st round exits and adversity they've faced.

No need to read or guess - you know the interviews are public, righT?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Leafs lead the league on lessons learned / 60, by quite a large margin at that.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Then he wasn't a Nazi, he just supported them financially, supplied them with vehicles, was awarded by them with the highest award a foreigner could get, and was a viral anti-Semite.

Great guy all around.

1940 Profiting on German war machine during WW2 ? You don't call him Nazi !

2024 One bad X post from being Nazi

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I cannot believe there isn't a [Confirmed with link] tagged thread saying Keefe has been relieved of his coaching duties.

Yes, the players are the problem, but he has had ample time to get them in line.

I swear, if they are running this back again I am taking a season off from the Leafs and the NHL. It will be hard... will have to find another sport or league to follow for the year. Maybe my local junior team.

f*** these guys if they don't make significant change.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
No need to read or guess - you know the interviews are public, righT?

Of course, but I figure they're 99% the same every year so not going to invest the time in watching them all.

Shout out to whoever it was that was posting the summaries here, I forget who you are but your work is much appreciated! :)

Lessons attended sure, lessons learned, not so sure.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Well, we scored 1 goal as is our game 7 tradition, you mean that's not enough? I mean OK sometimes we do get shut out but we manage one goal most of the time, just saying.
Are we in agreement or disagreement here?

Woll was fantastic when he did play and yet the team still can't produce when it matters.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Then he wasn't a Nazi, he just supported them financially

No he didn't, he actually refused to do so.

was awarded by them with the highest award a foreigner could get

So was the head of GM.

and was a viral anti-Semite.

Great guy all around.

Agreed, but that still doesn't make him a Nazi as was claimed.

Don't forget how much respect they get in the handshake line.

1940 Profiting on German war machine during WW2 ? You don't call him Nazi !

And there goes someone else with absolutely no understanding of history.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I cannot believe there isn't a [Confirmed with link] tagged thread saying Keefe has been relieved of his coaching duties.

Yes, the players are the problem, but he has had ample time to get them in line.

I swear, if they are running this back again I am taking a season off from the Leafs and the NHL. It will be hard... will have to find another sport or league to follow for the year. Maybe my local junior team.

f*** these guys if they don't make significant change.

Keefe is 0-9 in closing games
He had 3 goalies in Andersson, Campbell and Samsonov

He had 25+ different players last 5 years. All kind of players
Some former stars, some gritty, some super fast and lots of small players
He has had multiple different types of coaches and 2 gms

Dude has been an utter failure

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Agreed, they would fire Keefe before Friday. I wish them luck if they say they are running it back.
They aren't going to commit to anything lol. They will give the old "we will take our time and go through all the different option etc", and just give cookie cutter answers.

People expecting any dramatic things to be said by the players or management hasn't watched how MLSE has operated these past years. Maybe some more accountability by the players for this past season would have been nice, but these locker room exits interviews etc are useless.

Reactions: ToneDog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad