Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
What these guys really said is we are going to explore options to trade Mitch, JT and Morgan to try to improve team .. Matty is going nowhere .. and they just signed Willy .. if they find a deal which they think improves backend of team and they can shift CAP from forwards to D then they will do it .. my impression is they aren't gonna entertain offers of players for picks only .. they want to retool but not rebuild
Beside Reilly as he is a Dman.

I am fine with just picks and prospects for one of MM and JT as I don't think the Leafs will be worse off if one of them is not with the Leafs b/c Leafs can use that cap and sign or trade a replacement.
But Leafs better hit on those picks and prospects esp if it is MM going the other way.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Kipper saying the NHL word is Quenneville may be cleared for next year, thinks it’s because the Leafs are poking around.

Say it with me.

Joel Quenneville is your new Toronto Maple Leafs coach

fingers-crossed-homer.gif

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
First thing is ask Shanny to talk to JT to waive, then ask MM to waive.
Then trade both of them.
Calle and even Kampf is in play for the right deal.
Resign, Bert, Domi, Dewar and Boosh-coinflip on Edmundson due to his price.
Trade Gregor for late round picks.
Then go hunting for the right UFAs and trade targets.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Beside Reilly as he is a Dman.

I am fine with just picks and prospects for one of MM and JT as I don't think the Leafs will be worse off if one of them is not with the Leafs b/c Leafs can use that cap and sign or trade a replacement.
But Leafs better hit on those picks and prospects esp if it is MM going the other way.
Getting top prospects for Marner in a deal is just as good. Now you have some younger, lower salary guys like Knies to bring in and still have the majority of 11 million to sign 2 D and another scoring forward. Then next year another 11 million.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Getting top prospects for Marner in a deal is just as good. Now you have some younger, lower salary guys like Knies to bring in and still have the majority of 11 million to sign 2 D and another scoring forward. Then next year another 11 million.
my point is, if the prospects and picks go side ways in a JT deal, it will hurt but won’t hurt as much bc it is for JT.
For prospects and picks in a MM deal, it needs to be hits bc the other team got a guy like MM.

Brady is only 3 points behind Marner these playoffs. Impressive.
I would trade Brady for MM straight up any time.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
my point is, if the prospects and picks go side ways in a JT deal, it will hurt but won’t hurt as much bc it is for JT.
For prospects and picks in a MM deal, it needs to be hits bc the other team got a guy like MM.

I would trade Brady for MM straight up any time.
Brady may not out point Marner in the regular season but he can be a beast in the playoffs. He was crushing opponents the final few games of the season I saw. Too bad Dubas is not in charge of the Sens.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Brady may not out point Marner in the regular season but he can be a beast in the playoffs. He was crushing opponents the final few games of the season I saw. Too bad Dubas is not in charge of the Sens.
Brady will get 70-80pts in the regular season, thats about 20 pts less than MM, not a huge difference.

Reactions: ToneDog

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Brady will get 70-80pts in the regular season, thats about 20 pts less than MM, not a huge difference.
Then what you do in the 2nd season is the huge difference.
Like does it really matter if Matthews scores 69 goals or 59 goals in the season. I’d rather 50 regular and 20 post season instead of 69 then 1.

Reactions: ToneDog

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Brady should be 40+ goals, 85+ points soon. Marner probably never hits 30 goals again and without Matty, may never put up 100 points.

Marner has a 0.41G/GP and Tkachuk has a 0.42G/GP over the last 3 years.

Seems very unlikely.

Marner scores more than Caufield and the same as guys like Miller, Barkov, and Nuke.

Kucherov and Nylander are only at 0.47G/GP.

Marner gets hated on for his playoffs, and rightfully so, but Marner is a good goal scorer in the regular season.

It's a gamble to want someone like Brady Tkachuk.

He's not a superstar-level player and most of his value comes from things that don't necessarily help you win.

I like him as a player, but he is not his brother.

No guarantee he does anything in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad