Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Basically he said this group will never get it done and it’s time to make some changes. So, what should have been done years ago
You drive for show (regular season) and putt for dough (playoffs). Seems obvious he now accepts like most of us that we can't putt.
What seems obvious is that people are pretending his comments mean whatever they want them to mean. Which itself is tied to one of the actual problems.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Or following league-mandated protocols

Well ....

can you get me a list of players who missed playoff games for non-contact concussions ? Any teams with two players ON THE SAME TEAM, SAME SERIES with this issue ?

Sketchy medical thinking by the Medical staff.

Reactions: BTO

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
No, he didn't - he missed 1 game this year for a lower body injury, that they later said was his knee.
I think he played (didn't miss the game) but played poorly with "the virus" and it was around they time that almost every Leaf player had "the virus".

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I'm not generally scraping through injury reports, but I can't ever recall players missing playoff games for Migranes and illness like we saw with Matthews and Willy. Just feels like there's something there or someone messed up
Matthews didnt miss for illness

He apparently got ill for Game 3 (played through it) and then Game 4 got concussed in game 4 and missed gsmes 5 and 6

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I think he played (didn't miss the game) but played poorly with "the virus" and it was around they time that almost every Leaf player had "the virus".
He wasn't one of the ones that missed games when it was going through the Leafs room

Well ....

can you get me a list of players who missed playoff games for non-contact concussions ? Any teams with two players ON THE SAME TEAM, SAME SERIES with this issue ?

Sketchy medical thinking by the Medical staff.
Yes - players have missed time for concussions all the time.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
giphy.gif
Love a Simpson reply……

Reactions: Evilhomer

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Shannahan doubles down that he is going to make a huge change basically.

I took it as marner is 100% gone, or maybe something more insane like trading AM

AM will be a Leaf until he either is no longer an NHL player or refuses to sign here. Insanity to suggest the team ever gets better trading Matthews.

Also not sure how anyone can think he is the problem outside of generally just "Leafs bad" stuff you read on main boards

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Summing up the presser:

Pelley: "Shanny's my boy!"
Shahahan: "I've changed baby, really I have, don't let me go."
Treliving: <Adjusts glasses> "Well I didn't sign half the cap to 4 guys, I guess we'll see"
Condensed recap is pretty damn accurate……

• Haha
Reactions: BallardEra

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
Why do all these leaders assume playoffs next year. Be a bit humble, the division is getting better. First things first. Dont jinx it.

Reactions: thinkblue

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
This is such a tired argument.

They lose money on the Argos, Marlies, TFC.
They spend on 5 (yes 5) Asst GM's and 2 Special Advisors to the GM
They employ 8 Asst and Specialty Coaches
They employ 9 Player Development staff
They give money away on top notch medical staff, training, practice, and nutritional facilities.

They clearly don't mind spending money.
Paying Keefe not to work for them is different than paying those who actually are contributing to the organization. Firing Keefe can probably be rationalized since MLSE couldn't have liked having fewer home gates during this year's playoffs.

Reactions: Menzinger

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Pretty much everything. He looked broken, and ready to twist the knife that he stabbed into this era's potential last year. No vision forward. No conviction. Just frustration and confusion, mixed with enough apathy to really destroy things.

You seem to not be listening to what he actually said again.

This era has no potential anymore. Not as it currently constructed with core 4.

Do you think these guys are still kids? I don’t know how many more first round failures it would take for someone like yourself to acknowledge it will never work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad