Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Found em!

for you my friend

200.gif

Was he mentioned in Shanahans dissertation of playoff injuries?

Did he miss a game like the others without explanation?

And it was Tre

Reactions: CincoHolio

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
i've said this so many times.
the only team I can think of in the last 20 years who actually stripped someone of their Captaincy was San Jose and they did it three times. Joe Thornton to Patty Marleau, to the other one. (sorry my memory isn't as good). the other Joe. and that caused drama. people wanna Strip Tavares of his captaincy - like that wouldn't be drama and then when i brought it up it's like well leadership needs to be people who produce. like.. okay?

and again I don't personally believe that Matthews is the best choice to be the captain regardless of his on ice production.
No way they "strip" him of the captaincy. However, they could mutually agree that it's time to pass the torch or WE, nothing wrong with that. But I also agree that I'm not sure Matthews is the ideal "captain type" so there is that. If it was me, I'd try to signs Domi long term and make him the captin, I think he'd be great! But most likely JT will be captain for at least one more year, JMHO.

I liked a lot of the answers, but the time for talking is done. Now let's see what they do about it.
:thumbu::thumbu:
Is the conference over? have they made any moves yet?
Is this a joke? No offence, but it's hard to tell with you sometimes if you're serious or just talking nonsense ...

Reactions: All Mod Cons

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
Do Leaf fans have trust Treliving to make good/acceptable trades? Also in hiring a new head coach? There is no Darryl Sutter this time.
I'm one who doesn't love BT, but he'll be fine. He'll make mistakes (as he already has), but I think he'll get some things right (as he also already has). I don't love that we're settling for fine, but it also might be good enough given the starting point he has. It's a ridiculously good team, better than the one he built in Calgary, so if he does/can trade someone like Marner, he should get a really good return. And he's not going to humiliate anyone (that's a good thing), that's not his style. Anything he does will be with respect to the players involved and it'll be as quiet as it can be (also a good thing).

When I look at his previous history, that's what scares me. He doesn't fall out of love with players, he's botched some major signings (both in signing guys for too long, too much, and NMCs, and by letting them walk away for nothing). I don't blame him for the Tkachuk thing, he wanted out, so he was handcuffed in the trade and was likely always going to lose it, but then botched the signings of the guys coming back. The last bit is troubling. The fact they are trying to dismantle everything he's done is troubling, too. His teams also never really did much. Lots of missed playoffs, lots of first round exits, never past the second round, but a couple of strong regular seasons. Sound familiar?

Either way, he'll be fine. We're not going to be a disaster of a team because of him, he's too conservative for that. We also might not win because of him either, but I'm not convinced we can't.

It'll be fine.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Nonsense. No GM pulls off that trade or even attempts it with a month on the job and a month to get it done.

I agree it's on Shanny for putting his feelings above the team, but if you have 2 months to get it done and it is the best move for the team, you do it.

What's more likely is that Treliving didn't think it was the best move.

tuckerintensity

Jul 16, 2022
No way they "strip" him of the captaincy. However, they could mutually agree that it's time to pass the torch or WE, nothing wrong with that. But I also agree that I'm not sure Matthews is the ideal "captain type" so there is that. If it was me, I'd try to signs Domi long term and make him the captin, I think he'd be great! But most likely JT will be captain for at least one more year, JMHO.
I don't care what you think of the team, if JT is here (and that's likely), you're probably not going to take the captaincy away from him, right? I honestly don't even know the reason you would. Yes, he's a bit of a robot (understatement), but no one is questioning his work ethic. He's more of a quiet leader. Guys can lead without the C (see Willie yelling at Mitch), unless we trade JT, why wouldn't he be captain?

And agreed, if they do, and they could, it will be very much a "I want to pass the torch to Auston" (and we all know it's Auston if they do).

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I'm one who doesn't love BT, but he'll be fine. He'll make mistakes (as he already has), but I think he'll get some things right (as he also already has). I don't love that we're settling for fine, but it also might be good enough given the starting point he has. It's a ridiculously good team, better than the one he built in Calgary, so if he does/can trade someone like Marner, he should get a really good return. And he's not going to humiliate anyone (that's a good thing), that's not his style. Anything he does will be with respect to the players involved and it'll be as quiet as it can be (also a good thing).

When I look at his previous history, that's what scares me. He doesn't fall out of love with players, he's botched some major signings (both in signing guys for too long, too much, and NMCs, and by letting them walk away for nothing). I don't blame him for the Tkachuk thing, he wanted out, so he was handcuffed in the trade and was likely always going to lose it, but then botched the signings of the guys coming back. The last bit is troubling. The fact they are trying to dismantle everything he's done is troubling, too. His teams also never really did much. Lots of missed playoffs, lots of first round exits, never past the second round, but a couple of strong regular seasons. Sound familiar?

Either way, he'll be fine. We're not going to be a disaster of a team because of him, he's too conservative for that. We also might not win because of him either, but I'm not convinced we can't.

It'll be fine.

My worry with him is that Calgary is not fine, and they started as fine, so there is potential that it comes out very bad here.

Things can get worse here.

Hoping to not have to talk about how promising Minten and Cowan are from December onward every year.

Not saying it'll happen... his history just makes me nervous.

Oct 18, 2010
So people were making fun of Matthews not laying when he got pulled by the Dr's for a suspected concussion. Shame these folks will never admit how out of line they were

You're filling a lot of gaps there. They still didn't explain why the highest paid player in the world couldn't play in the playoffs. They said "head injury" in game 4, and "virus" (HockeyVirus?) after game 2. They're being purposefully vague about this. Why? Maybe the people that said McAvoy injured his knee should apologize.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
You're filling a lot of gaps there. They still didn't explain why the highest paid player in the world couldn't play in the playoffs. They said "head injury" in game 4, and "virus" (HockeyVirus?) after game 2. They're being purposefully vague about this. Why?

What do you need? A Dr to come out and give a full health history complete with all test results?

He was sick, played through it and it impacted his ability to perform at 100%. Then he took a hit and the Dr pulled him for a suspected concussion. What could you possibly need to know more about that?

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I did not hear:

"We believe in this group"
"Trust the process"
"We were just one single goal from advancing"
"It's unfortunate that injuries affected our good work"
"Skilled players are so hard to find"
Yup,

Change is on the horizon. Which is a good sign IMO. Clearly they are seeing the flaws we see as well. I am nervous about the impending changes, but I am also comforted with the fact that no matter what changes come, we will still have Auston and Willy (most likely).

Change is needed. The results almost certainly can't be worse than what they've been for the last 8 seasons.

Clearly the intent and focus is to build a team that is better in the spring vs a perennial regular season powerhouse. So that is at least encouraging

Oct 18, 2010
What do you need? A Dr to come out and give a full health history complete with all test results?

He was sick, played through it and it impacted his ability to perform at 100%. Then he took a hit and the Dr pulled him for a suspected concussion. What could you possibly need to know more about that?

I want to hear specifics like every other team gives. I'm actually surprised they updated at all with how much they disrespect the fans here.

tuckerintensity

Jul 16, 2022
My worry with him is that Calgary is not fine, and they started as fine, so there is potential that it comes out very bad here.

Things can get worse here.

Hoping to not have to talk about how promising Minten and Cowan are from December onward every year.

Not saying it'll happen... his history just makes me nervous.
His time in Calgary is incredibly troubling, I agree. We're a lot better than they were though. He'd really have to do something drastic for us to not make the playoffs, it'd have to be real bad. I don't think he's that type and the guys we have on the longest terms are good guys to have locked up. Like worst case he makes changes that have us make the playoffs and lose in the first round.

People are going to argue Rielly is a problem, but he's not. Rielly being the only guy that we can ask to do pretty much anything of is the problem. If we know one thing about BT, it's that he's loves a defenceman and he's likely looking at bringing one in, I expect that will be his biggest signing this off-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad