Staples Twitter: Locker Clean Out Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Thought a separate thread from the off-season thread would work best for today when we get word of all the injuries and whatnot from players. Now the Islanders have two guys with back issue in Clutterbuck and Ladd. Not good.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Theres no comparing the mental and physical intensity of the NHL players to their peers in basketball and baseball.

Gotta love the stories on Mayfield, Clutter and Boychuck.

Now look at the NBA players who take games off for "load management" and 1/2 of the Yankees marquis players who are on the DL (yeah IL, I know). It's a buzz kill for the fans.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Bad back that probably requires surgery for Clutterbuck. Hoping to be back in time for training camp.

Boychuk would've been ready for game 6 against the Hurricanes if the series went that far.

Lamoriello said he wouldn't have taken the job if he didn't believe Belmont would get done.

Reactions: Poulin 0n My St1ck

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Lamoriello wants to re-sign Lee and Lehner, thought the coaching staff did an excellent job but is constantly evaluating.

Lehner says he'd like to be back, but business is business.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Lamoriello wants to re-sign Lee and Lehner, thought the coaching staff did an excellent job but is constantly evaluating.

Curious if those two were deliberately singled out for this answer or if it's just the way the question was framed.

Reactions: doublechili

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Curious if those two were deliberately singled out for this answer or if it's just the way the question was framed.
I think they went alphabetically. The tweet was made when he got to the 'L's. When he gets to the 'N's, we'll see where Nelson stands.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I think they went alphabetically. The tweet was made when he got to the 'L's. When he gets to the 'N's, we'll see where Nelson stands.
Nelson isn’t there his wife had baby yesterday I’m starting to doubt he is back you could make argument he is second best UFA center this summer he is going to get paid very well.

Reactions: duster19

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
This is called accountability folks. That’s why we’re becoming a first class organization. If a guy with Lous resume can admit and put blame on himself then there’s no reason for anyone else not to.

Yes indeed no matter what happens this offseason the best thing is we have a guy who knows what he is doing. I think we are really going to be surpised in who is and isn’t in this team in September.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Business is business and I don’t blame him. Let’s hope we can sign him before other teams can talk to him and some GM comes along and offers him a ridiculous contract

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
This is called accountability folks. That’s why we’re becoming a first class organization. If a guy with Lous resume can admit and put blame on himself then there’s no reason for anyone else not to.

This is the mindset of a winner.
Upgrading without sacrificing the future is almost impossible.
It requires a dumb GM on the other end.

Yet Lou is holding himself accountable.
Pure awesomeness...

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If Lehner is offered a fair contract, but takes more money from someone else, he'll regret it...

I think he and the isles are a perfect marriage. Right system and right goalie coach. He’s had a lot of success here this year. I can’t see that not weighing heavy when he makes a decision.

On the flip side he did say it’s a business and he’s right. He’s got to do what’s best for he and his family. If someone offers him a mega offer with tons of security he probably takes it.

Reactions: bigtim1988

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
What exactly is discussed in exit interviews?

I've never heard a player talk about it, but I assume it's just a discussion about how each side thought the season went. What what well, what could've been better, what the organization expects from them in the future, that sort of thing. Obviously it'd be different for each player depending upon their status and their contract situation within the organization.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Back surgery is not good. People are never the same after that, let alone athletes.

I’m 36. Slipped a disc in college. Had surgery two years ago. Again I’m not a conditioned athlete. I still play in a pretty solid adult lacrosse league. I can’t move anywhere close. Even with the bad disc. It changes mindset and movement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad