Locker Clean Out Day 1, 4/17/2024; Day 2 4/18/2024

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I’m not ready to move on from Krebs. Definitely don’t want him as our #3C but I want to see what his game may have to offer under a different coaching style. I do like the edge he plays with.

Like Tage and Dahlin benefited under Granato coming in, I’d like to see what a more structured coach will do for guys like Krebs, Power and Cozens.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
They cooking meth under Walmart or something? Shy of a propane disaster, I dont think Skinner is ever blowing up again.
20230220_101528.jpg

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
That ties in with Adams comment yesterday that they hadn't earned anything. They haven't. They got close and failed, then seemed like they took the summer casually and wound up even further back.

The worst thing that happened was these players were over confident after the end of last season. Got way too comfortable and thought that everything would be easy for them. And Granato let this happen

Agree with these. Even going back to that training camp video of all of them holding up signs of what they were most excited about and the vast majority saying "playoffs" or "ending the drought" or "50" in Thompson's case. But it always felt like it was something they just expected to happen rather than something they were truly motivated to make happen.

I hope in the coming years we end up looking back at this season as a lesson that had to be learned in the journey of a team (from players on up to the top) learning how to be winners and what it takes to do it.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Yea, Ill summarize:

"We all f***ed around."

"We found out."
Yeah. The blame for this season is top to bottom. The players clearly didn't put the work in last offseason and were coasting from game 1. They deserve blame for that. Granato didn't hold anyone accountable and couldn't establish a system to play in. He deserves blame for that. Adams misjudged his players development and dedication + didn't bring in any personnel to the forward ranks + held onto Granato too long. He deserves blame for that.

It's incredibly frustrating to hear the players say 'we need to work harder than ever this offseason'. Dammit! If y'all had that mindset last season, you may have made the playoffs this year. You would hope barely missing the playoffs would've been enough to light a fire under their asses.

Instead, they wasted a season and our time. I'm sticking with my 'these players are unlikeable' until the prove theyre about their shit. It's so frustrating they got cocky and thought everything would fall into place only to regress heavily. Adams put faith in them, and that's how they repay him?

Im tired of lip service (please no dirty jokes!). Let's see them do what they preach.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
I haven't watched all the videos yet, but I was very impressed with Tage's remarks. He's thoughtful and articulate and has the right mindset. I never really considered him captain material before, but I can definitely see him with a letter - possibly even the C.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Really liked what Cozens had to say when asked about Granato. I haven't listened to all of the exit interviews from today, but he was the first in my opinion to acknowledge personally that the players didn't do enough for him to keep his job. That was the accountability I was looking for. A little more mea culpa.

Everyone else acknowledged his impact on their personal growth, talked about 'a tough day' (whatever that means) when he was let go, and talked about what a great guy he was, but his firing being 'a part of the game'.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I would have liked some blurbs from all of the guys. What is Vic's mindset for what is next? Same for Comrie? How about Gus since he's been here forever? Robinson, Bryson, ask Jost why he's not going back to help Roch win a Calder Cup...?

Reactions: oldgoalie

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
I would have liked some blurbs from all of the guys. What is Vic's mindset for what is next? Same for Comrie? How about Gus since he's been here forever? Robinson, Bryson, ask Jost why he's not going back to help Roch win a Calder Cup...?
I'm guessing since most of those guys aren't apart of the future, what's the point to interview them?

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I will say I kinda agree with Rivs. I liked a lot of what Tage had to say and you can feel the emotion in the ton of his voice. He seemed very determined to turn things around not just for him personally but to turn the mindset of the locker room as well.

He definitely deserves an A

They had a Comrie clip

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That ties in with Adams comment yesterday that they hadn't earned anything. They haven't. They got close and failed, then seemed like they took the summer casually and wound up even further back.

Expanding on this - I also think the staff took that they got close and took the summer casually too which is why a bunch of them are now unemployed or being re-assigned.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
The worst thing that happened was these players were over confident after the end of last season. Got way too comfortable and thought that everything would be easy for them. And Granato let this happen
Adams too. He added no one of consequence to the roster, and brought everyone else back. Nothing says "we don't need to improve" quite like running back the roster aside from depth defense.

SharkInABoloTie

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2016
The Heart of Darkness
I’m not ready to move on from Krebs. Definitely don’t want him as our #3C but I want to see what his game may have to offer under a different coaching style. I do like the edge he plays with.

Like Tage and Dahlin benefited under Granato coming in, I’d like to see what a more structured coach will do for guys like Krebs, Power and CozCozens
For now it seems like Krebs isn't a center at the NHL level? Can he be a dishing winger on a good middle 6 line? I think so. We'll see if it happens here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad