LNGE Summer BBQ Thread (2022)

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
904352.jpg

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Reminder: There will be none of this “vegan” bullshit either this year folks.

Wanna pull that shit?? Leave your tree-huggin’, tofu-eatin’, ass at home this year. Nobody eats the garbage “meat substitutes” you bring either. And they take up valuable table room, which can be otherwise used for more meat.

This sacred date is a celebration of meat.

Beef n brewskis with The Boys!!

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I’ll be bringing some steaks for us VIP attendees
I generally follow these guidelines:

Step 1: Buy the best possible meat you can get, from someone you trust. Dry-aged is super expensive and while delicious, I'd argue not necessary.

Step 2: Let it come to room temperature, and generously cover it with coarse salt. You can do pepper as well but be careful of burning because you are going to rip the shit out of this thing at a ridiculously high temperature.

Step 3: If you're not using lump charcoal or a heavy cast-iron skillet gradually heated to the temperature of Hades, you're probably not going to do it right with a home kitchen. Regular gas grills just don't get hot enough in my opinion. The Japanese make this charcoal called binchotan that burns at like 1,800 degrees F and is so hard that it clinks like glass. It's hard to light but will burn for an hour with limited smoke and odor. Unfortunately, it's super expensive but it is the BOMB. If you're using a cast-iron skillet, it better be HEAVY and heated to a temperature that would wake the dead.

Step 4: Burn on one side until you start to see juices come out the top. Flip over and do the same on the other side, and then immediately take the meat off and let it rest so that the juices recede back into the meat and you don't overcook it. Anyone that likes a steak cooked past medium-rare is objectively wrong, i will tolerate no one's bullshit on that statement.

Step 5: Serve. If anyone asks for steak sauce, either tell them no or dump the steak sauce on their head.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I generally follow these guidelines:

Step 1: Buy the best possible meat you can get, from someone you trust. Dry-aged is super expensive and while delicious, I'd argue not necessary.

Step 2: Let it come to room temperature, and generously cover it with coarse salt. You can do pepper as well but be careful of burning because you are going to rip the shit out of this thing at a ridiculously high temperature.

Step 3: If you're not using lump charcoal or a heavy cast-iron skillet gradually heated to the temperature of Hades, you're probably not going to do it right with a home kitchen. Regular gas grills just don't get hot enough in my opinion. The Japanese make this charcoal called binchotan that burns at like 1,800 degrees F and is so hard that it clinks like glass. It's hard to light but will burn for an hour with limited smoke and odor. Unfortunately, it's super expensive but it is the BOMB. If you're using a cast-iron skillet, it better be HEAVY and heated to a temperature that would wake the dead.

Step 4: Burn on one side until you start to see juices come out the top. Flip over and do the same on the other side, and then immediately take the meat off and let it rest so that the juices recede back into the meat and you don't overcook it. Anyone that likes a steak cooked past medium-rare is objectively wrong, i will tolerate no one's bullshit on that statement.

Step 5: Serve. If anyone asks for steak sauce, either tell them no or dump the steak sauce on their head.

Very informative my friend. Thank you.

For step 5 you forgot to add “tell them to GTFO” though. :)

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
We are going to need someone to take @Guerzy ‘s place in the summer BBQ. Anyone have any suggestions?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad