Live action Zelda movie in the works helmed by Shigeru Miyamoto and Avi Arad as producers

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Screenshot_20231107-161900_Chrome.jpg

I have some major doubts about Zelda working as a live action film versus an animated series or movie, but I'll certainly watch.

Cue the Chris Pratt as Link memes.

Last edited:

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
As a huge Zelda fan. Live Action Scares me. An Anime series or multiple Animated movies I think would be the safest bet. But, I trust Miyamoto.

(Please no Tom Holland)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Ahhh yes, best to partner up with the producer behind (checks notes) Morbius, Uncharted, the Ghost in the Shell live action adaptation, Elektra, and The Fantastic Four (2005). He's a surefire bet. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: NyQuil

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The issue with doing this movie is that Zelda is a MASSIVE story with multiple different timeliness, where do you begin?

They’ll just do what they always do, make a story and then throw a dart at a wall-mounted copy of the timeline and then slightly tweak it based on where it lands.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was thinking about this literally the other day, and it’s a topic mentioned before. It’s astounding to me that it’s never been attempted.

The issue with doing this movie is that Zelda is a MASSIVE story with multiple different timeliness, where do you begin?
Make the a trilogy and when it makes a billion dollars, make a bunch of prequels and spin-offs.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I've thought for about 10 years or so that a live-action Zelda film could be great...

Now if only they'd do the same for Thundercats, all will be right with the world

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I was thinking about this literally the other day, and it’s a topic mentioned before. It’s astounding to me that it’s never been attempted.

Make the a trilogy and when it makes a billion dollars, make a bunch of prequels and spin-offs.

It has been attempted by Netflix in I want to say 2015.

Reactions: GKJ

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Probably with the story from the current game, and then due to time travel they can revisit Gen X/Millennial classics like a Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. I'd pay good money to see a Link to the Past adapted for the big screen

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Probably with the story from the current game, and then due to time travel they can revisit Gen X/Millennial classics like a Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. I'd pay good money to see a Link to the Past adapted for the big screen
I'll say none of the above. You create a new store with the primary Zelda themes that works for a live action movie. The 'massive story with multiple timelines' thing is for the biggest Zelda nerds in online fan theory communities. I don't know if Nintendo acknowledged at all but I remember it certainly started as such.

Not that there's anything wrong with being a Zelda nerd into big overarching possible fan theory storylines, but you're not going to make that or any of the specific games the basis for a 2 and a half hour movie.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
People do realize that this is the producer of Uncharted and the writers behind Batman V Superman, right? This isn't going to be some multiverse, parallel timeline exploration of the Zelda fan theories. Like most Zelda games, it's going to be a new version of the same major plot beats. Link undergoing a heroes journey to claim the Triforce and rescue Zelda and Hyrule from Ganon, loaded with as many Easter Eggs and fan nods as they can ram into a 110 minute runtime. I'm not ruling out smaller elements of time travel (ala Ocarina of Time or Majoras Mask), but it's not going to be some big, grand chronology of the mythos of Hyrule.

It's also likely going to suck, but that's not because it'll be a self contained narrative.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm sure people will have issues with Link having to save the damsel in distress, Zelda, as opposed to her having the agency as a strong and independent female to save herself.

Last edited:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I'm sure people with have issues with Link having to save the damsel in distress, Zelda, as opposed to her having the agency as a strong and independent female to save herself.
This is going to come up unfortunately, but I mean yeah they relied on the old trope with the simple story telling of the 8 and 16 bit systems but on the N64 Zelda became a ninja and the Gamecube a pirate captain. Ganon as well can be looked at as a simple trope of the despotic villain who shows up at the start to set the stage and then doesn't really appear again till you face him as the last boss. And of course Link is the young boy/man going on adventure.

I don't know what they're going to do for the movie but I think for a start I think you need to flesh out all 3 of the triforce wielders beyond their simplest gameplay tropes.

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Ahhh yes, best to partner up with the producer behind (checks notes) Morbius, Uncharted, the Ghost in the Shell live action adaptation, Elektra, and The Fantastic Four (2005). He's a surefire bet. :sarcasm:
Especially producing such duds as Spider-Man 2, Iron Man, Into The Spider-Verse, Across the Spider-Verse.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Especially producing such duds as Spider-Man 2, Iron Man, Into The Spider-Verse, Across the Spider-Verse.
He has his name attached to every Spider-Man project because he owned the rights to Spider-Man. His track record of actually being involved in movies is much spottier. Any amount of research into his track record will show you that about 90% of his involvement has been negative. I can't wait for him to shoehorn Venom into the Legends of Zelda movie.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
So long as it's created over there because if it was made over here link wouldn't be the hero, he would likely take a back seat to Zelda

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Link should be 16-18 years old and follow the link to the past storyline loosely

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad