"Little kids need to drink milk." -My sister, Christina Hagen

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Never heard of it. :dunno:

What's their mandate?

Never heard of it either "top notch"

I don't expect everyone to know of them, but 'Mother Jones' has done some of the best investigative journalism that I have ever read.

After their report on the for-profit prison system in the US, the US Department of Justice has decided to stop using private prisons.

Check it out sometime. If any of you enjoy REAL investigative journalism, then you will love 'Mother Jones'. They do NOT play around.

If I were you milk drinkers, I would pay attention to their reports.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I don't expect everyone to know of them, but 'Mother Jones' has done some of the best investigative journalism that I have ever read.

After their report on the for-profit prison system in the US, the US Department of Justice has decided to stop using private prisons.

Check it out sometime. If any of you enjoy REAL investigative journalism, then you will love 'Mother Jones'. They do NOT play around.

If I were you milk drinkers, I would pay attention to their reports.

I suppose people outside of the US might not have heard of it.

Building on his mentor's findings, Willett discovered that adults who drank or ate large amounts of dairy seemed to have a higher risk of certain health problems than their peers who consumed small or moderate amounts. Less clear, however, was the chemical pathway that explained this finding. Milk, which is designed to give young animals everything they need to grow, is a substance of beguiling complexity. Willett and other researchers suspected that the problems they observed could stem from a range of bad actors in dairy, including high amounts of hormones, the sugar lactose, and even an excess of what has been milk's biggest selling point: calcium.

In 1997, he published the results of an eight-year survey focused on calcium consumption by more than 43,000 men. Despite doctors' long-held belief that calcium helps prevent broken bones, the study found absolutely no relationship between calcium intake (from both foods and supplements) and risk of fracture. A decade later, a roundup of all the available research—by then, eight epidemiological studies and five randomized, controlled trials—determined that calcium intake does not significantly decrease the risk of hip fracture in women or men. Last year, another sweeping study came to the same conclusion—in fact, it found that women who drank two and a half or more glasses of milk a day had a higher fracture risk than their counterparts who drank less than one glass a day.

More troubling was Willett's finding that men who drank two or more glasses of milk a day were almost twice as likely to develop advanced prostate cancer as those who drank no milk. A subsequent study turned up a similar result: Willett found that men who consumed more than 2,000 milligrams of calcium a day from food or supplements were nearly twice as likely to get prostate cancer as those who consumed less than 500 milligrams a day. And other scientists have made similar findings. A meta-analysis published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition late last year concluded that "high intakes of dairy products...may increase total prostate cancer risk."

The findings are in no way definitive; the studies so far have reported only correlations between dairy consumption and disease. What's more, no one fully understands the biological processes through which dairy could cause cancer.

But yeah, milk is unequivocally good for you.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Actually your smugness has made me irritable. :)

I decide what goes in my own body. :)

Boy, you sure responded in a hurry.

Almost like you were waiting for me to comment.

Yes, of course everyone has the choice to eat whatever he or she wants, be it dairy, or a delicious filet mignon. We all have that right as humans.

I was merely making the observation that, based on personal experience, milk is delicious and nutritious, and I wanted to spread this good news to all who were unaware.

You seemed unaware, so I was hoping to educate you on how delicious and nutritious milk truly is.

:)

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Boy, you sure responded in a hurry.

Almost like you were waiting for me to comment.

Yes, of course everyone has the choice to eat whatever he or she wants, be it dairy, or a delicious filet mignon. We all have that right as humans.

I was merely making the observation that, based on personal experience, milk is delicious and nutritious, and I wanted to spread this good news to all who were unaware.

You seemed unaware, so I was hoping to educate you on how delicious and nutritious milk truly is.

:)

You seem unaware of the studies which I just quoted above. :)

Reading is hard when milk is dragging you down. :)

Chris Hagen*

You don't have to be vegan to realize that drinking a hormone-filled substance intended to turn a baby calf into a massive cow is neither normal, delicious, nor healthy.

Chris Hagen*

Actually it's an organization doing real journalism since the mainstream media is entirely incapable of that.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Milk, it does a body good.

ec5383ff65df40c5ab72178fe6c5a9ca.jpg

Chris Hagen*

You must be kidding if you think what the mainstream media does is unbiased or even close to 'journalism.'

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
lol.
I bet you spend hours a day watching anti government conspiracy theories on youtube. :laugh:

TBH, I'm really intesrested in those Anti-gov conspiracies, maybe they are true, maybe they aren't .... who knows ... but we have yet to see some facts

However I've been drinking milk my whole life so ....... **** Mother Jones

Chris Hagen*

lol.
I bet you spend hours a day watching anti government conspiracy theories on youtube. :laugh:
TIL thinking that mainstream media is ******** (which practically anyone of any intelligence will agree with) means I watch 'anti-government conspiracy theories' on YouTube for hours every day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad