WEEI Listen - Jack Edwards on Pasta's struggles, Bettman's awful week and more

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
He's like that family member or friend you know that means well, and has a good heart, but just can't keep from saying something stupid at the holiday dinner.

Last edited:
Reactions: lopey

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
He's like that family member or friend you know that means well, and has a good heart, but just can't keep from always saying something stupid at the holiday dinner.
It’s not even that. I can’t put my finger on it.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It must be wonderful to be so perfect that people shit all over a guy who puts himself out there day in and day out. Give the guy a break ffs. Nobody is forcing anyone to listen.
Furthermore, at least WEEI covers hockey unlike the douche-baggery at 98.5 where they talk about football 85% of the time . Also, at least he's talking about the Chicago Blackhawks and the "sex scandal" that I don't think 98.5 is interested in.

Last edited:

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Lots of anti Jack sentiment here. I'll chime in with the opposite. I'm a huge fan, love his passion and knowledge. I think he's one of the best game callers out there.

Reactions: RHR37

Babajingo

Lots of anti Jack sentiment here. I'll chime in with the opposite. I'm a huge fan, love his passion and knowledge. I think he's one of the best game callers out there.

I partially agree, respectfully. He does a real good job calling the game play. Its the sideshow crap and over-the-top Homerism that makes me cringe. Unfortunately for me, that is too much. Obviously, he is liked. He has been doing this for a long time. Just not my cup of tea

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I partially agree, respectfully. He does a real good job calling the game play. Its the sideshow crap and over-the-top Homerism that makes me cringe. Unfortunately for me, that is too much. Obviously, he is liked. He has been doing this for a long time. Just not my cup of tea

That's fair. Understandably he's not everyone's choice. I agree the over the top hot takes make me cringe, but they are infrequent enough that I still love watching the games he calls.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It must be wonderful to be so perfect that people shit all over a guy who puts himself out there day in and day out. Give the guy a break ffs. Nobody is forcing anyone to listen.
Furthermore, at least WEEI covers hockey unlike the douche-baggery at 98.5 where they talk about football 85% of the time . Also, at least he's talking about the Chicago Blackhawks and the "sex scandal" that I don't think 98.5 is interested in.
I think you have those stations switched. WEEI hardly talks Bruins with Dale gone. The Big O constantly shit in them. Made fun of people that wanted to talk hockey. Remember “ Hawky Tawk”? Anyway, I know Jack probably puts 10x more time into his job than most announcers, still comes out with comments that are cringeworthy.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad