List all the slumps the Leafs have busted this season

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
We should literally post every single slump a team has broken against the Leafs this season, I can't recall all of them but I know there are many, I was almost sure they would bust another slump by loosing in the shoot-out to the Devils who are like what 0-6?

How about that shoot-out loss to the Red Wings where they had previously lost like 9 shoot-outs in a row, or allowing Clowe to get his 1st goal of the season in 15 games against us,

how about that time they let Malkin score when he hadn't scored in a bunch of games

It never ceases to amaze me how so many teams and players are constantly able to break a slump against us
can you recall any others

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I'm sure it happens to other teams as well. Some team let Clarkson get his first goal, same with Rielly.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Didn't 2 rookies get their first goals against the Leafs? I forget who they were. Seth Jones?

I like the potential of this thread. This is going to be a long one

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Ryan Clowes first goal of the season
Ryan Murray first nhl goal

Last edited:

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Just another thread to disparage the team by its "supporters". These things go on every night around the league but because we watch every game, and the commentators mention every incident (as is their role) you think it happens to the Leafs more than anyone else.

Oh woe is us.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Just another thread to disparage the team by its "supporters". These things go on every night around the league but because we watch every game, and the commentators mention every incident (as is their role) you think it happens to the Leafs more than anyone else.

Oh woe is us.

Yeah.

After one game last year where someone complained about this on a different Leaf site, I went through that night of games and found something like 15 players scoring their first goal in over 10 games, and only one of them was against the Leafs.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Seth Jones first nhl goal

ughh still thinking, will update once I remember more.

I know there is like 30 more I can add..

That's who I was thinking. Ryan Murray, a shot from the point.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Seth Jones first nhl goal

ughh still thinking, will update once I remember more.

I know there is like 30 more I can add..

Mikail Grigorenko's first goal.

Last season made me laugh.... when we played Winnipeg. James Wright or whoever scored his first goal in 26 games.... it happens very often.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Remember last season .... 22 games into the year and we played the Islanders.

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2012020289

BAILEY, VISNOVSKY AND MCDONALD ALL SCORED THEIR 1st GOALS OF THE SEASON. 22 GAMES IN.

6 other players scored their first goal of the season that night too.

4 players in 4 games the previous night and 8 players over the next two nights.

A few nights later 2 players scored their first goals of the season against Florida and 2 more against Vancouver.

With about 5 minutes of effort you can see it happens around the league all the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad