Value of: Linus Ullmark

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
I thought the Oilers desperately needed good cheap young talent to play depth roles? Also, you'd have to then probably trade Skinner somewhere for cap reasons, and you won't get a Broberg back in that trade.
Fair points. I’m probably living in a fantasy where we have two reliable goalies. I see skinner thriving in the exact situation Boston has now. You let Ullmark take the reins and skinner supports when needed. Unfortunately when you have guys like Nurse/Ceci/Campbell making the money they do you’re stuck hoping that good young talent can support.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Ullmark for Danault is a pretty good hockey trade. Fills needs for both teams. I think Boston would have to add something with more value though, maybe add Poitras or Lysell and add Englund from LA for Bruins defense depth.

Of course both guys have NTCs, so probably irrelevant.

Reactions: dgibb10

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I mean rumor has it that Dubas was about to make the move using the Pens 2023 first before he decided to bring back Jarry instead. To the point where the Bruins were calling prospects that hadn't talked to because talks were far enough along.

As a Pens fan. I never heard that rumor. And it didn’t happen so…..

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Ullmark for Danault is a pretty good hockey trade. Fills needs for both teams. I think Boston would have to add something with more value though, maybe add Poitras or Lysell and add Englund from LA for Bruins defense depth.

Of course both guys have NTCs, so probably irrelevant.
Maybe I'm just taking crazy pills, but from my perspective, Poitras, Ullmark and Danault are all in the same neighbourhood in terms of value. You could even make the argument that Poitras is the most valuable of the three, though I'm not sure I want to plant my flag on that hill just yet.

Ullmark + Poitras for Danault + Englund is a foolish overpay from Boston, and the Kings take it and run. At least, that's how I see it.

Reactions: bbfan419

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
Maybe I'm just taking crazy pills, but from my perspective, Poitras, Ullmark and Danault are all in the same neighbourhood in terms of value. You could even make the argument that Poitras is the most valuable of the three, though I'm not sure I want to plant my flag on that hill just yet.

Ullmark + Poitras for Danault + Englund is a foolish overpay from Boston, and the Kings take it and run. At least, that's how I see it.
Kings love Danault, they’re not trading him for Ullmark.

Reactions: bbfan419

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Kings are most likely losing Roy on the right side of the defense this off season. I can’t see them dealing Spence.
I assumed it would be something like :

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov
- Clarke
Englund - [ Spence traded ---> UFA: Carrier or Lybushkin or Chatfield or Zaitsev ]

Ullmark
[ backup UFA: Copley or Rittich or new option ]

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
After RFAs and losing Roy and Arvidsson (Roy will be looking for a decent raise as will Arvidsson) the Kings will still be up against the cap. Blake is going have to be cost effective in the offseason. That’s what will make Spence more important to the Kings.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
After RFAs and losing Roy and Arvidsson (Roy will be looking for a decent raise as will Arvidsson) the Kings will still be up against the cap. Blake is going have to be cost effective in the offseason. That’s what will make Spence more important to the Kings.
If the Kings are going to be acquiring Ullmark (hypothetically), where is the cap space going to come from?

I know Plan A was Dubois, but I'm really not confident that Boston is interested in that. People are now telling me/us in this thread that the Kings need to keep both Gavrikov and Spence. Obviously Anderson and Doughty will need to be kept as well. So... a forward? Gotta be Danault, right? Or maybe Moore? I can't see Kopitar Kempe Byfield being options. Laferriere and Kaliyev are too young and cheap. I also don't think they should move on from Fiala just yet. At least not for a goalie on a 1 year contract.

So.... Dubois or Danault or Moore, or they very likely aren't acquiring Ullmark. Does that sound right?

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Kings love Danault, they’re not trading him for Ullmark.
As a Bruins fan that makes me happy, we have Coyle, Zacha these types already, Bruins need a better center I think they could go the FA route or trade. Ullmark could be part of a deal for a top 6 center.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Oh I don’t know. It’s up to Ullmark’s list more than anything. I don’t think Boston would say no to Ullmark for Chychrun for instance, in division or no. They wouldn’t trade him to Toronto, tho.
Chychrun was pretty bad and very disinterested this year. Maybe a better team would get him to be better, but he's not a guy I'd target as a main piece.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I assumed it would be something like :

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov
- Clarke
Englund - [ Spence traded ---> UFA: Carrier or Lybushkin or Chatfield or Zaitsev ]

Ullmark
[ backup UFA: Copley or Rittich or new option ]
LA would be sooo stupid to move Spence....so they probably are going to.

He was one of few who looked really good in the playoffs, kept improving as the year went on. He is way more than an offensive d-man.

Reactions: Guitpik

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
If the Kings are going to be acquiring Ullmark (hypothetically), where is the cap space going to come from?

I know Plan A was Dubois, but I'm really not confident that Boston is interested in that. People are now telling me/us in this thread that the Kings need to keep both Gavrikov and Spence. Obviously Anderson and Doughty will need to be kept as well. So... a forward? Gotta be Danault, right? Or maybe Moore? I can't see Kopitar Kempe Byfield being options. Laferriere and Kaliyev are too young and cheap. I also don't think they should move on from Fiala just yet. At least not for a goalie on a 1 year contract.

So.... Dubois or Danault or Moore, or they very likely aren't acquiring Ullmark. Does that sound right?
They most likely are not in the market for Ullmark. Especially if Blake can work out an extension with one of Roy or Arvidsson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad