Value of: Linus Ullmark

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Anything from Colorado interest ya?

Colorado was said to be looking for a goalie this deadline it sounded like something was going on then it came out Ullmark didn’t want to go to a western team and Colorado ended up not getting a goalie…

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Yeah I don't get that posters infatuation with Daws and Bahl. We all have our players we oddly like more than everyone else, though. I know the Bruins believe in the Bussi, though. And I am not sure how Bahl fits in a lineup where he would get paired with Peeke.
Solid point, I think I’m still stuck in the mindset of pre-deadline where we needed another heavy defense man and figured we needed a backup. With the emergence of Lohrei since then, and the addition of Peeke, Bahl is probably completely unnecessary

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
Ullmark has been great but the issue is we have had two vezina level goaltenders. That doesn't come cheap, especially now that swayman is due for a new contract. Ullmark is 5 million on the books next season, swayman will likely been in the 6-8mill depending on negotiations. Having 10+ million tied up in two goalies is incredibly risky when you could (hopefully) have a younger kid come in as a backup for cheap, and use the leftover 3-4 million for another impact player.

That being said,
bruins really really really need picks. first rounders, second rounders, etc. because our GM gives them away like candy. any first that would land in the 15-20 range I think would be fair value. maybe a draft day trade.

Reactions: bbfan419

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It's pretty clear that Swayman is the goalie for the future for Boston. With lots of teams needing a starter right now, It would be smart for Boston to trade Ullmark this summer. What kind of offers are out there?

Boston likely wants a center coming back.

I think he goes to LA.

He already blocked a trade to LA

If I'm Brad Treliving I'm all over this.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
It's pretty clear that Swayman is the goalie for the future for Boston. With lots of teams needing a starter right now, It would be smart for Boston to trade Ullmark this summer. What kind of offers are out there?

Boston likely wants a center coming back.

I think he goes to LA.
Didn't he refuse to waive his NTC for LA at the deadline? Or was that a rumour that was debunked? I'm not sure which reporter said it, but whoever it was said that the west coast is unlikely for Ullmark due to the travel time. If LA was on his 16 team no trade list last year, I can't imagine that they wouldn't still be on his 15 team no trade list for the next year. If not, it certainly makes sense for the Kings to go after him. Danault is the only C they have that makes sense though.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Didn't he refuse to waive his NTC for LA at the deadline? Or was that a rumour that was debunked? I'm not sure which reporter said it, but whoever it was said that the west coast is unlikely for Ullmark due to the travel time. If LA was on his 16 team no trade list last year, I can't imagine that they wouldn't still be on his 15 team no trade list for the next year. If not, it certainly makes sense for the Kings to go after him. Danault is the only C they have that makes sense though.

It was initially reported and then walked back. There is also a report that it was Markstrom who wouldn't waive for LA. Depends on which of the rumor mongers one gives credence to.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
It was initially reported and then walked back. There is also a report that it was Markstrom who wouldn't waive for LA. Depends on which of the rumor mongers one gives credence to.
Makes a lot more sense for it to be Calgary. I can't imagine LA wanting to trade any roster players to the Bruin's at the deadline.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Solid point, I think I’m still stuck in the mindset of pre-deadline where we needed another heavy defense man and figured we needed a backup. With the emergence of Lohrei since then, and the addition of Peeke, Bahl is probably completely unnecessary

Lorhei has completely blown up all my thoughts about everything, too. I was loudly on the "break him in on the bottom pair for a few years like Krug" train... and I was totally wrong.

Lindholm McAvoy
Lorhei Carlo
Wotherspoon Peeke
+ Some vet that can play PK and play LD, but ideally both, and fights for playing time with Wotherspoon.

Like is that all you need for the D at this point?

Reactions: SPV

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Lorhei has completely blown up all my thoughts about everything, too. I was loudly on the "break him in on the bottom pair for a few years like Krug" train... and I was totally wrong.

Lindholm McAvoy
Lorhei Carlo
Wotherspoon Peeke
+ Some vet that can play PK and play LD, but ideally both, and fights for playing time with Wotherspoon.

Like is that all you need for the D at this point?

I wouldn’t have thought that was nearly good enough several months ago, but today it looks pretty solid. I’m wondering if Forbort would be willing to sign for less to stay in Boston. He missed a lot of time and I can’t imagine he has a big market value.

Reactions: wintersej

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I already mentioned that I didn’t think those two were needed anymore, but I also always enjoy seeing how much everyone on HF overvalues players.
I think I'd maybe rather have 25 1st+3rd if I were boston, but it's pretty close. (I'm an NJD fan)

Not sure how Bahl would fit after acquiring peeke tho.

Daws would provide insurance as a waivers exempt guy who can play at the NHL level, and he has upside, although lower upside than Schmid.

Reactions: SPV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad