Friedman: Links Nick Robertson to Philadelphia.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
If we truly want Hart the package will likely start with Knies. The Flyers have been a dumpster fire for years but Hart is one of the best young goaltenders in the league, and he's on a good deal. We're not getting him for our flotsam and jetsam like Robertson, Liljegren, and low picks.
No one in their right mind is trading Liljegren or Knies straight up for Hart when he’s been mediocre since his rookie year. Liljegren outside of like a 15 game sample has been a top 4 quality defenseman for the last 2 seasons and Knies’ early returns are great.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I can see Briere having interest in Robertson. He too was an undersized forward that was given up on before blossoming and he fits the rebuild age-wise. Laughton is 29 and should be playing for a contender now, not a rebuilder. He can easily do for Toronto what a guy like Barbashev did for Vegas. He's a very versatile middle 6 forward that can play all 3 positions and kill penalties.

Robertson + 1st for Laughton? Send it.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He still has a chance but he’s likely going to have to change his game to be a regular NHLer.

His problem is, he can’t create his own space. He’s ok finding seams in transition but once they’re in the zone, he struggles at the NHL level.

It’s the biggest thing for many young players to overcome. There’s no space in the NHL. That’s why we see so many of these career AHL, KHL, SHL leaders, almost always struggle in the NHL. Those leagues aren’t the NHL. There’s time and space for skilled players to use their skills. In the NHL they’re in your face instantly, and it’s constant.

Zadina has the same problem. He can play a bottom six role though, and likely make a good NHL career out of doing so. That’s what Robertson will probably have to do if he wants NHL contracts.

Most of the time as a coach, you can tell pretty quickly if a player will be able to develop this. Most just have it, or don’t, but some do develop it. You usually see gradual changes though. Have never seen that from Robertson.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Robertson is someone who will likely thrive on another team the second he’s traded. I think the leafs should keep him one more year and hope for some improvement. He’s still extremely young.

No interest in trading Knies whatsoever. Other teams fans have been asking for him in many proposals and it’s just not going to happen. The leafs need more players like him, not less.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Robertson is someone who will likely thrive on another team the second he’s traded. I think the leafs should keep him one more year and hope for some improvement. He’s still extremely young.

No interest in trading Knies whatsoever. Other teams fans have been asking for him in many proposals and it’s just not going to happen. The leafs need more players like him, not less.

Robertson is made of glass. He might thrive here, if he could stay healthy.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I can see Briere having interest in Robertson. He too was an undersized forward that was given up on before blossoming and he fits the rebuild age-wise. Laughton is 29 and should be playing for a contender now, not a rebuilder. He can easily do for Toronto what a guy like Barbashev did for Vegas. He's a very versatile middle 6 forward that can play all 3 positions and kill penalties.

Robertson + 1st for Laughton? Send it.

I don't hate it.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I would take a shot on Robertson but I would probably prefer Minten in any deal with the Leafs.
I don’t think Minten gets traded before the deadline, if he has a big season getting 1st line minutes with the guys in front of him graduating he can bump up his value to a late 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad