Lineup

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
With the new additions to the team what would you like to see the lineups as? I'll start first.

Forsberg/Ribiero/Neal
Wilson/Fisher/Santorelli
Cullen/Jarnkrok/Smith
Bourque/Gaustad/Beck

Josi-Weber
Franson-Jones
Ekholm-Bartley

(when Ellis returns)

Josi-Weber
Ekholm-Jones
Franson-Ellis

Rinne
Carter

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
No Jarnkrok?

Forsberg-Ribeiro-Neal
Wilson-Fisher-Smith
Santorelli-Cullen-Jarnkrok
Bourque-Gaustad-Beck

Josi-Weber
Ekholm-Jones
Franson-Ellis

Edited mine to move Bourque to the 4th line, Jarnkrok to wing and Cullen to C.

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
No Jarnkrok?

Forsberg-Ribeiro-Neal
Wilson-Fisher-Smith
Bourque-Jarnkrok-Santorelli
Cullen-Gaustad-Beck

Josi-Weber
Ekholm-Jones
Franson-Ellis

Smith and Cullen seemed to have chemisty as of late so wanted to keep them together.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Smith is simply not going to be moved to center. i don't mean this in a negative way because I think he is a fine young player but he still has a lot of growing to do but unless we upgrade through a trade we are simply stuck with Jarnkrok or someone less than ideal as the third line C.

Edit: Unless Santo can move in there. I remember he was a C with the Ads and we tried him as a C with Leggy and Erat when he was here.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Smith is simply not going to be moved to center. i don't mean this in a negative way because I think he is a fine young player but he still has a lot of growing to do but unless we upgrade through a trade we are simply stuck with Jarnkrok or someone less than ideal as the third line C.

Edit: Unless Santo can move in there. I remember he was a C with the Ads and we tried him as a C with Leggy and Erat when he was here.

Okay I'll change it to Cullen-Jarnkrok-Smith....lol.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Why are most of our players labeled as centers but they are playing different positions?

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Here's mine....

Forsberg-Ribeiro-Neal
Wilson-Fisher-Smith
Santorelli- Jarnkrok- Cullen
Nystrom-Gaustad-Beck

Josi-Weber
Jones- Franson
Ekholm-Ellis

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Why are most of our players labeled as centers but they are playing different positions?

A lot of players are drafted as centers but convert to wing during their development. We have our own examples in Wilson, Smith and Forsberg.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
A lot of players are drafted as centers but convert to wing during their development. We have our own examples in Wilson, Smith and Forsberg.

Thanks. I have only been a hockey fan for a few years so still new to hockey.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
This is what I would like to see.

Wilson - Ribeiro - Neal
Cullen - Fisher - Smith
Forsberg - Jarnkrok - Santorelli
Nystrom - Gaustad - Beck

Josi - Weber
Ekholm - Jones
Bartley - Franson

The top line has been better with Wilson and Neal around Ribeiro. I want to see them stick together for a few more games at least. It would be nice to be able to move Cullen to the third line but he simply fits here better. Smith has been playing really well since being moved from the top line. I do not want to see him moved from there as I think this line has been very strong overall. While forsberg is our most dynamic player he has been so good on the third line lately and we need some punch on that third line. With Santorelli being added I think that line will be much improved overall. Jarnkrok needs to start showing something soon and this will be his chance. If he can't start producing with Santo and FF9 flanking him then something needs to change. Beck was better on the forth line than Bourque has been. Bourque had one really good game against the Sharks but aside from that Beck is better suited for that 4th line. As stated above if Jarnkrok doesn't start getting it done with the above line-up over the next 5 games or so I would like to see this.

Wilson - Ribeiro - Neal
Jarnkrok - Fisher - Smith
Forsberg - Santorelli - Cullen
Nystrom - Gaustad - Beck

I know, why would you move Jarnkrok up a line when he didn't get it done on the third line? Well I would double shift Forsberg as much as I could on offensive zone starts on that second line and lower Jarnkroks minutes. He would still get the d-zone starts but let Forsberg affect both the second and third lines as he is simply that special of a player.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
This is what I would like to see.

Wilson - Ribeiro - Neal
Cullen - Fisher - Smith
Forsberg - Jarnkrok - Santorelli
Nystrom - Gaustad - Beck

Josi - Weber
Ekholm - Jones
Bartley - Franson

The top line has been better with Wilson and Neal around Ribeiro. I want to see them stick together for a few more games at least. It would be nice to be able to move Cullen to the third line but he simply fits here better. Smith has been playing really well since being moved from the top line. I do not want to see him moved from there as I think this line has been very strong overall. While forsberg is our most dynamic player he has been so good on the third line lately and we need some punch on that third line. With Santorelli being added I think that line will be much improved overall. Jarnkrok needs to start showing something soon and this will be his chance. If he can't start producing with Santo and FF9 flanking him then something needs to change. Beck was better on the forth line than Bourque has been. Bourque had one really good game against the Sharks but aside from that Beck is better suited for that 4th line. As stated above if Jarnkrok doesn't start getting it done with the above line-up over the next 5 games or so I would like to see this.

Wilson - Ribeiro - Neal
Jarnkrok - Fisher - Smith
Forsberg - Santorelli - Cullen
Nystrom - Gaustad - Beck

I know, why would you move Jarnkrok up a line when he didn't get it done on the third line? Well I would double shift Forsberg as much as I could on offensive zone starts on that second line and lower Jarnkroks minutes. He would still get the d-zone starts but let Forsberg affect both the second and third lines as he is simply that special of a player.

That or take Jarnkrok out and put Bourque in his place instead.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Willy - Ribs - Neal
FF9 - Fish - Smith
Cullen - Jarnkrok - Santorelli
Nystrom - Goose - Beck/Bourque

Josi - Webs
Ekholm - Franson
Bartley - Jones

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I think Jarnkrok is fine as the center on the third line unless the plan is to make that third line more of a scoring line which is exactly what I think Lavy is trying to do. I'm close to believing that line can not be a scoring line with Calle as the center.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Jarnkrok may be a rookie but he really isn't that young. He really hasn't been very impressive this season as a whole. His defensive awareness is probably his best attribute. He still has time to improve but I am not seeing a player that will ever be more than a third line center if he can even hold onto that.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Jarnkrok may be a rookie but he really isn't that young. He really hasn't been very impressive this season as a whole. His defensive awareness is probably his best attribute. He still has time to improve but I am not seeing a player that will ever be more than a third line center if he can even hold onto that.

The 3rd line has been a complete disaster this year, and it's hard to tell if Hook is part of that, or held back by it. You gotta' believe when Poile was signing all these vets as stopgaps on the roster he was thinking he'd have FF9 and Hook with one of them on that 3rd and we'd be hoping to have 5 guys in that top 6 to give JN a little support, which would give us a chance to evaluate the kids in lower-pressure 3rd line role.

But, when all the pieces fell right for the top 6, failing to cut the clearly-out-of-gas oldtimers loose quicker and either getting one of the kids up for a look or finding someone sooner than MS seems a blunder. But, hard to know if PL would sit Cullen down anyway.

I expect Hook comes back as our 3rd line C to start next year and if he doesn't improve considerably he gets sent packing - we got too many kids at Milw to just hang onto Hook at this level of performance - unless he's getting Goose's role when that contract is up.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009

So much for three balanced scoring lines. I wanted to see Santo with FF9 on the third line. I guess Lavy thinks Forsberg is too strong to be stuck with Jarnkrok. I wouldn't mess with Willy on the top line. With Neal and Ribs, that's about as strong of a line as I've ever seen in a Preds uniform.

Preds1839

Feb 20, 2015
Forsberg - Ribs - Smith
Wilson - Fisher - Neal
Santo - Jarnkrok - Stalberg
Nystrom - Gaustad - Beck

Josi - Weber
Franson - Jones
Ekholm - Ellis

Not sure why Cullen is still on the team. Lavy must have lost a bet or Cullen is black mailing him. Stalberg deserves a 4-5 game shot at giving us a boost that Cullen is not doing.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Forsberg - Ribs - Smith
Wilson - Fisher - Neal
Santo - Jarnkrok - Stalberg
Nystrom - Gaustad - Beck

Josi - Weber
Franson - Jones
Ekholm - Ellis

Not sure why Cullen is still on the team. Lavy must have lost a bet or Cullen is black mailing him. Stalberg deserves a 4-5 game shot at giving us a boost that Cullen is not doing.

Similar feelings for Nystrom

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Just some insight on the D and how they will likely line up when all are healthy. DP has said Franson will play on the right side and we all know Weber isn't going to be moved ever. So that leaves Ellis or Jones to play on the left side. We have seen Jones do it last season and while he may be better at it now he wasn't all that impressive over there. Ellis makes the most sense to land on the left side imo. He and Franson would make a great pairing more so than Ellis and Jones. So with that said I think it will look something like this.

Josi - Weber
Ellis - Franson
Ekholm - Jones

Now for tomorrow and at least a few games after that I would bet anything that it will look like this.

Josi - Weber
Ekholm - Jones
Bartley - Franson

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Lineups from practice today.
Forwards:

Wilson – Ribeiro – Neal

Forsberg – Fisher – Smith

Cullen – Jarnkrok – Santorelli

Nystrom – Gaustad – Bourque

Extra: Beck