Line Combos: Lineup post July 1st.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Coming out of the gate, I think it looks like this.

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser
Eriksson - Gagner - Petersson
Roussel - Sutter - Virtanen
Granlund - Beagle - Schaller
Leipsic / Gaunce

Edler-Gudbranson
Hutton-Tanev
Del Zotto-Stetcher
Pouliot

Markstrom
Nilsson

God help us.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I could see this forward group sneaking into a wildcard spot if the defense and goaltending is good and we have some good injury luck.

:laugh:

In the AHL maybe.

Notice how there’s only 2 “kids” on that team? But allllll those mentors. We’re so loaded with mentors that they can mentor each other.

...and Benning wonders why no teams want our junk.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta

In the AHL maybe.

Notice how there’s only 2 “kids” on that team? But allllll those mentors. We’re so loaded with mentors that they can mentor each other.

Notice how a lot of the kids are dwindling down on our roster and filled with pluggs...im sure Goldy and Gaunces agents are on the phone with Jimbo..

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
Schaller-Horvat-Boeser
Baertschi-Gaudette-Pettersson
Eriksson-Sutter/Gagner-Virtanen
Rousell-Beagle-Leipsic
Granlund

Goldobin in AHL

Edler-Gudbranson
Juolevi/Hughes-Tanev
Hutton/Del Zotto-Stetcher
Pouliot-Biega

Markstrom
Demko

Hopefully one of Sutter/Gagner and one of Del Zotto/Hutton gets moved.
Shaller a 4th liner on the top line?

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Gaudette should refuse to report to the AHL and go sign in europe. We have brought in so much crap that even if he earns a spot he won't get to play. You send him to the AHL when he deserves a spot here, you will leave bad feelings. The Canucks are doing so many things wrong ....

manroth19

May 20, 2015
Beartchi Horvat Boeser
Petterson Gaudette Virtanen
Eriksson Sutter Rousell
Schaller Beagle leipsic

manroth19

May 20, 2015
God I hate this team sometimes. Literally created a situation where the only way one of the kids can crack this trash lineup is to push aside another one of our kids

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
I appreciate your optimism, but what??? Not a chance in hell. It's one of the worst forward groups in the league.

I don’t see any weaknesses in that forward group. There’s a good mix of elite offensive talent and elite defensive talent and good secondary/support players. All due respect I think you’re underestimating.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017

In the AHL maybe.

There’s at least 5-7 kids depending on the way kid is defined. Just because someone is a kid or isn’t a kid doesn’t mean they don’t need mentor ship. Remember when the Sedins cited Sundin’s mentor ship as a reason why they took their careers to the next level? They were 27 years old. Not kids but still in need of mentors. So maybe if you knew the first thing about the mechanics of mentor ship you wouldn’t make snide sarcastic posts like this.

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver
There’s at least 5-7 kids depending on the way kid is defined. Just because someone is a kid or isn’t a kid doesn’t mean they don’t need mentor ship. Remember when the Sedins cited Sundin’s mentor ship as a reason why they took their careers to the next level? They were 27 years old. Not kids but still in need of mentors. So maybe if you knew the first thing about the mechanics of mentor ship you wouldn’t make snide sarcastic posts like this.
I feel like there's a difference between bringing in the one of the greatest Swedish forwards of all time on a 1 year contract than bringing in Roussel and Beagle. Don't feel the impact will be the same.

Also Roussel is 28, does he need a mentor as well?

Reactions: bh53 and y2kcanucks

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

Well lucky us Benning has brought in mentors to mentor the other mentors. We're loaded with mentoring mentorship. Mentorshippity mentorshoppitus.

So do you think Beagle will be a first ballot hall of famer like Sundin too?

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
In my ideal world, Benning is going to stick to his word and put only the best line up forward, and not send a player down to the AHL even if he performs better simply because waivers does not apply.

Leipsic/Goldobin Horvat Boeser
Baertschi Sutter Pettersson
Eriksson Gaudette Virtanen
Roussel Beagle Schaller

Out: Granlund, Gagner, Gaunce, Motte

Edler Stecher
Hughes Tanev
Juolevi Gudbranson
Pouliot Biega

Out: Hutton, Del Zotto

Markstrom
Demko

Out: Nilsson

AHL: Dahlen, Lind, Jasek, Palmu, DiPietro, Brisebois, Boucher, Chatfield and whomever else get's waived from above on the outs.

Gadjovich and Woo back to juniors.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Coming out of the gate, I think it looks like this.

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser
Eriksson - Gagner - Petersson
Roussel - Sutter - Virtanen
Granlund - Beagle - Schaller
Leipsic / Gaunce

Edler-Gudbranson
Hutton-Tanev
Del Zotto-Stetcher
Pouliot

Markstrom
Nilsson

God help us.
This is roughly how I see it too. It does make more sense I suppose to waive Biega as opposed to Leipsic or Goldobin. But Gaunce I would honestly prefer to waive of all of them.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Goldy/Leipsic-Horvat-Boeser
Baertschi-Pettersson-Eriksson
Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen
Gagner/Schaller-Beagle-Granlund

Probably a case of having standards dropped, but that looks pretty decent to me.
PP looks like it will struggle.
PK looks better.

God I hate this team sometimes. Literally created a situation where the only way one of the kids can crack this trash lineup is to push aside another one of our kids

I did no such thing

demonic

Mar 10, 2005
After a few days of digesting the signings and all of the backlash, I’m starting to feel OK about them. Yeah, the Beagle and Roussel contracts are at least a year too long, but clearly those two players were targeted by management for what they bring both on and off the ice, so I can understand why Benning went into a bidding war for them. Just think about what the veteran leadership group looked like last week: Chris Tanev, Alex Edler, Loui Eriksson, Brandon Sutter, Sam Gagner? The first word that comes to my mind is “passive”. None of those guys are the type that is going to say “The team is flat tonight, what can I do to turn this game around?”, these are guys that seem to be perfectly fine with losing a game or 10. Beagle and Roussel by all accounts are great in the room and in the community, set a great example in practice and training, and are warriors on the ice. They will change the culture of the team in a positive way, and finally replace some of the heart that the Canucks have been bleeding since their cup run (Kesler, Bieksa, Burrows, Hansen, etc). It’s also a good sign that the team has realized that “Soft, Slow and Slightly Skilled” is not a good strategy for a bottom six. I’m hopeful that the victims of this change in direction are not Adam Gaudette and Jonathan Dahlen, but Sam Gagner, Markus Granlund, and Brendan Gaunce. Maybe that’s naive, but I’m going to choose to be optimistic about this and believe that even with these guys, the Canucks will still be one of the youngest teams in the league next year, but they’ll also be grittier and more passionate than they’ve been in a while.

Here is my opening day lineup:

Baertschi – Horvat – Boeser
Eriksson – Gaudette – Pettersson
Leipsic – Sutter – Virtanen
Roussel – Beagle – Schaller

Hughes – Tanev
Edler - Stecher
Joulevi – Gudbranson

Markstrom
Demko

Reactions: DonnyNucker

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I don’t see any weaknesses in that forward group. There’s a good mix of elite offensive talent and elite defensive talent and good secondary/support players. All due respect I think you’re underestimating.

Dude you can lie to us all you want in your posts, but don't lie to yourself.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Well lucky us Benning has brought in mentors to mentor the other mentors. We're loaded with mentoring mentorship. Mentorshippity mentorshoppitus.

So do you think Beagle will be a first ballot hall of famer like Sundin too?
Edler-mentor
Tanev-part time mentor when he is playing and not injured
Guddy-see above
Del zotto-mentor
Gagner-mentor
Eriksson-mentor
Sutter-mentor
BO-mentor
Beagle-mentor
Rousell-mentor
Markstrom-mentor,,,
How many dam mentors do,es this team need for Brock ,Olli ,Huhges,Gaudette,,these kids are allready mature young men who no how to act on and off the ice and in a locker room,,i dont get the whole mentorship thing..

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Baertchi Horvat Boeser
Goldoblin Gaudette Pettersson
Lipesic Beagle Virtanen
Eriksson Sutter Roussell

Hopefully trade Gagner and Granlund and maybe even Gaunce tho still have the Clamato Man and Archie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad