Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Eriksson-Gagner/Sutter-Petersson
Granlund-Gagner/Sutter-Virtanen
Rousell-Beagle-Shaller

Edler-Gudbrandson
Hutton-Tanev
MDZ-Stecher
Pouliot

Utica: Demko, Gaudette, Dahlen, Motte, Archibald, Kero, Boucher, Juolevi, Hughes (would rather NCAA)

Fighting for the last 2 spots or else waived: Biega, Goldobin, Leipsic, Gaunce

Either way it's poor asset management when 2 players will need to be waived to get under the NHL limit.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
With no trades happening:

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Eriksson-Gagner-Petersson
Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Granlund
Leipsic

Edler-Gudbrandson
Hutton-Tanev
MDZ-Stecher
Pouliot
Biega

Utica: Demko, Gaudette, Dahlen, Motte, Archibald, Kero, Boucher, Juolevi, Hughes (would rather NCAA)

Lost on waivers (due to idiocy): Gaunce, Goldobin

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
leipsic

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Granlund
Leipsic

Edler-Gudbrandson
Hutton-Tanev
MDZ-Stecher
Pouliot
Biega

had not done the waivers math. they have to trade somebody.

FuzzyTitus

Dec 17, 2008
Hate this new quote thing when you highlight text.

I hope to god they trade some veterans to free up a few spots, these line up examples are horrific.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Prior to July 1 the lineup was crap. After July 1 it was more expensive crap. No point putting together a lineup as it’ll be so bad that the changes will be constant.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Granlund
Leipsic

Edler-Gudbrandson
Hutton-Tanev
MDZ-Stecher
Pouliot
Biega

I also fear we will lose a young player like Goldobin to waivers so we can play over priced veteran plugs.

Absolutely incompetent management.

demonic

Mar 10, 2005
I get the concern about losing Goldobin, but would anyone really be upset if Gagner and Granlund get waived if they are outplayed by Gaudette and Pettersson at camp? Those are the guys blocking prospects, not Roussel, so I'm surprised that so many people have them in their lineups.

Reactions: sting101

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Sven Horvat Boeser
Eriksson someone horrid Pettersson
Roussel Sutter Virtanen
Xxxx Leadership Bad Granlund

Edler Godawful
Hutton Tanev
MDJ Awful Stecher

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I get the concern about losing Goldobin, but would anyone really be upset if Gagner and Granlund get waived if they are outplayed by Gaudette and Pettersson at camp? Those are the guys blocking prospects, not Roussel, so I'm surprised that so many people have them in their lineups.

Lol the only place these guys are going is the first unit poweplay.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Agreed 100%

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
There's no way Gagner gets waived, not at that salary. Granlund I suppose technically could but I would be shocked if that's the case with him signing that new "prove it" contract.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
top 6 - Horvat Boeser Pettersson Baertschi Eriksson Goldobin.................... Leipsic..................... Dahlen
btm 6 - Sutter Beagle Roussel Virtanen Granlund Schaller ..........................Gagner...................... Gaudette Gaunce Motte Archibald
defense - Edler Tanev Del Zotto Gudbranson Hutton Stecher.......................Biega Pouliot............. Juolevi Hughes
goal - Markstrom Nilsson.....................................................................................................Demko

Last edited:

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014

What has ever given you any indication that Benning would waive one of his signings like Gagner? Or that Travis Green wont trot him out there no matter how poorly he plays?

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
At least two of Leipsic, Goldobin, Gaunce, Granlund, and Gagner will have to go or be waived if Petersson and Gaudette are on the roster. And that's if they keep 14 forwards. I hope it's Gagner and Granlund that go. But I suspect it will be Granlund and Gaunce.

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Goldobin-Sutter-Petersson
Schaller-Gaudette-Virtanen
Rousell-Beagle-Eriksson
Leipsic
Gaunce

demonic

Mar 10, 2005
What has ever given you any indication that Benning would waive one of his signings like Gagner? Or that Travis Green wont trot him out there no matter how poorly he plays?
What has ever given you any indication that Benning would assign a talented prospect to Utica when that prospect is outplaying a veteran tweener who is not in the long term plans? If anything, they've demonstrated that the kids will get to play, and Utica be damned

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
What has ever given you any indication that Benning would assign a talented prospect to Utica when that prospect is outplaying a veteran tweener who is not in the long term plans? If anything, they've demonstrated that the kids will get to play, and Utica be damned
He literally did that with Stecher his rookie year. His pre-season deserved a spot, but because of too much crap clutter started in Utica. Once he got called up due to injuries he stayed up because his play warranted it. With the 4th line signings it basically seals that Gaudette and Dahlen will start in Utica and will only stick with the big club if they perform at a ridiculous level when injected into the lineup due to injuries.

nucker11

Apr 15, 2014
British Columbia
Goldy - Bo - BB
Bae - Sutter - Petterson
Roussel - Beagle - Eriksson
Leipsic - Schaller - Virtanen

Ex: Gagner, Granlund

About how I think it'll turn out

demonic

Mar 10, 2005
He literally did that with Stecher his rookie year. His pre-season deserved a spot, but because of too much crap clutter started in Utica. Once he got called up due to injuries he stayed up because his play warranted it. With the 4th line signings it basically seals that Gaudette and Dahlen will start in Utica and will only stick with the big club if they perform at a ridiculous level when injected into the lineup due to injuries.

Undrafted Troy Stecher played 4 games in Utica, was called up and played over 22 minutes in his first game. Is that your best example of Vancouver burying a good prospect in the minors?

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Goldobin/Lepsic-Horvat-Boeser
Baertschi-Sutter/Gagner-Pettersson
Eriksson-Gagner/Sutter-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Roussel
Granlund

Edler-Stecher
Hutton-Tanev
Del Zotto-Gudbranson
Pouliot
Biega

Markstrom
Demko

I think we see Gaudette start the season in the AHL and Gaunce and one of Leipsic/Goldobin waived becuase of too much junk on this roster. I'd love to see management stick to their word and make room for these guys by burying Gagner/Granlund, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: THE Green Man

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Undrafted Troy Stecher played 4 games in Utica, was called up and played over 22 minutes in his first game. Is that your best example of Vancouver burying a good prospect in the minors?
Fact remains that Stecher was assigned to Utica to start the season even though his pre-season play warranted being on the opening night roster. What if an injury didn't happen so early into the season? Stecher would have stayed even longer down there. I will give you that it is somewhat of a different scenario as he was largely unknown as he was a college UFA, however, this is why this year is even worse. We have a limited knowledge of what Goldobin, Leipsic and Gaunce are, but need to see when they are given more ice-time to see if they can take that next step. By adding 3 UFA forwards this season, and by bringing back the exact same 8 defenceman as last season, we are just further disregarding these players and the potential opportunities that they should be getting this season.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Pettersson-Gaudette-Eriksson
Rousell-Sutter-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Leipsic

Edler-Stecher
Hughes-Tanev
Juolevi-Gudbranson

Reactions: sewellda

Ad