Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Upshall
Bergenheim-Barkov-Boyes
Matthias-Goc-Fleisch
Barch-Gomez-Hayes

Place Winchester in for Hayes or Barch when he comes back

Campbell-Gilbert
Kulikov-Gubranson
Olsen-Weaver

A couple things I like here are I think Huby needs to be paired with someone like Upshall or Bergy because they're games are a little more hard working instead of a finesse game like Fleischmann. I think Bergy needs to start getting top 6 minutes and play him in his usual position on the left side. I'd also like to see Matthias start getting top 9 minutes even if it's on the wing. He's too big, fast, and physical to leave him on the checking line with a Gomez or Hayes playing over him. My reasons for the defensive pairings are pretty much that I'd like to see Kuli and Gubranson play as much together as possible Kulikov really seems to respond when he's playing with Gubranson.

walle

Sep 9, 2008
Northpole
Bergy said last game was one of his hardest ever. Makes sense as he's been out for long and probably wont reach his full potential even in whole season. So i dont think he could play top6 minutes very long. I think it could beneficial to just keep that line together for now, little bit more sheltered minutes and let em play. But for team's sake i kinda agree with cats31, maybe we could get more out of all 3 top lines with some changes.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I'd like to see:

Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Upshall
Bergenheim-Barkov-Boyes
Matthias-Goc-Fleisch
Barch-Gomez-Hayes

Place Winchester in for Hayes or Barch when he comes back

Campbell-Gilbert
Kulikov-Gubranson
Olsen-Weaver

A couple things I like here are I think Huby needs to be paired with someone like Upshall or Bergy because they're games are a little more hard working instead of a finesse game like Fleischmann. I think Bergy needs to start getting top 6 minutes and play him in his usual position on the left side. I'd also like to see Matthias start getting top 9 minutes even if it's on the wing. He's too big, fast, and physical to leave him on the checking line with a Gomez or Hayes playing over him. My reasons for the defensive pairings are pretty much that I'd like to see Kuli and Gubranson play as much together as possible Kulikov really seems to respond when he's playing with Gubranson.

I would just hate to split up Upshall and Barkov. Those two have been playing well together, and Upshall is producing point wise.

Seeing like the pairing of Flash with Goc and Matthias on the left wing. I was going to say that would be underplaying Flash, but, it seems PH runs the top 3 lines somewhat equally.
If Olsen and Gudbranson play like they did Monday night, no way would I want to split those two up. Gudbranson and Olsen had chemistry right away on the ice.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I would just hate to split up Upshall and Barkov. Those two have been playing well together, and Upshall is producing point wise.

Seeing like the pairing of Flash with Goc and Matthias on the left wing. I was going to say that would be underplaying Flash, but, it seems PH runs the top 3 lines somewhat equally.
If Olsen and Gudbranson play like they did Monday night, no way would I want to split those two up. Gudbranson and Olsen had chemistry right away on the ice.

I agree. I wouldn't be splitting up Guds and Olsen either. I think they played together at the World Juniors a few years ago, so there is definitely some familiarity there.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Wouldn't mind seeing Bergenheim paired with Huberdeau and Bjugstad, somehow.

Not sure if Huberdeau could slide to the right wing, or Bergy could play well @ RW.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Brought this up in another thread already, but:

Flash and Boyes should switch places. Barkov needs some help with playmaking on the first and they had good chemistry early on, also could get Flash going again. On the other hand Huby and Bjugs are more pass first mentality and could really benifit from a goal scorer who can find the right place and bury the puck.

Like others said no way should Upshall and Barkov be split now especially when Barky really seems to enjoy playing with Scottie. Also if you move Flash to the third line you would mess up their chemistry. Not sure either if Bergenheim would be up to the task playing against other teams top 6.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Brought this up in another thread already, but:

Flash and Boyes should switch places. Barkov needs some help with playmaking on the first and they had good chemistry early on, also could get Flash going again. On the other hand Huby and Bjugs are more pass first mentality and could really benifit from a goal scorer who can find the right place and bury the puck.

Like others said no way should Upshall and Barkov be split now especially when Barky really seems to enjoy playing with Scottie. Also if you move Flash to the third line you would mess up their chemistry. Not sure either if Bergenheim would be up to the task playing against other teams top 6.

bjugstad is a shoot first...

cats31

Jun 19, 2013

I agree with Barkov and Upshall, in hindsight I probably wouldn't split them. I just think that 1st line needs to be tinkered with, Huby and Flash aren't giving us anything out there together. I think they really need to be split, like someone said maybe swith Flash with Boyes and put Flash with Barky and Upshall.

It's hard to argue that. It's becoming a trend recently that whoever is paired with Gubranson has been looking great. Kulikov looked very good for the handful of games when he was paired up with Gubranson. Olsen was getting some healthy scratches when he was playing with Chicago's AHL team, he comes up to play with Florida and looked very good with Gubranson. I'm starting to like the thought of that. He's not putting up huge points or impressing greatly in the box score but for the past few weeks his lines have been playing great no matter who he is paired with. He seems to be coming along very well the past few weeks and whoever he is paired with seems to play a little more free, less timid.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Huh? He is the guy who is cycling the puck below the dots and using that big frame to protect it. That´s his best asset by far. He has been setting up Huby and Flash really well.

Shoot first guy is Boyes who doesn´t really do anything else well.

bjugstads shot is one of his best assets outside of the size. his wrister is sick, his boardwork is excellent aswell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad