Lines for the present

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Just wanted to see what everyone thinks the lines should look like for the present

Fleishmann Bjugstad Huberdeau

Boyes Barkov Upshall

Winchester Goc Kopecky

Barch Mathias Hayes

Gilbert Campbell

Kulikov Gudbranson

Gilroy Mottau

Thomas

Clemm,

Clearly we have some needs but things are looking good with Howden, Trocheck and Shore in the system

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
And with all the trades coming things are going to get exciting!!! I would trade any of Boyes, Goc, Upshall, Kopecky etc for picks!!!! Future looking bright but I would like them to keep Kopecky!!

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I don't think trading Upshall makes sense, he is playing great now, and brings an element we have needed for awhile. His value is still not that high because of his past 2 years. Trading Kopecky might make more sense, but even that might be short-sighted given he scored 27 pts. in 47 gp last season. If Goc isn't re-signed by the deadline, and we don't trade Matthias, I would trade Goc with our center depth in the system. He also would probably fetch the highest return. Boyes I'm iffy on. IF we intend on going hard after a big time scorer in the summer, then you move Boyes at the deadline to free up that roster space. But he does seem to click with our players.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
I don't think trading Upshall makes sense, he is playing great now, and brings an element we have needed for awhile. His value is still not that high because of his past 2 years. Trading Kopecky might make more sense, but even that might be short-sighted given he scored 27 pts. in 47 gp last season. If Goc isn't re-signed by the deadline, and we don't trade Matthias, I would trade Goc with our center depth in the system. He also would probably fetch the highest return. Boyes I'm iffy on. IF we intend on going hard after a big time scorer in the summer, then you move Boyes at the deadline to free up that roster space. But he does seem to click with our players.

given his last season with tavares forcing him to a PTO, i'm sure he'll eventually end up being paid quite cheap and could stay

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
given his last season with tavares forcing him to a PTO, i'm sure he'll eventually end up being paid quite cheap and could stay

Oh yeah. I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not, but what I'm saying is if we sign a big scorer, then there's really no need for Boyes on the roster next season. He'd be likely be playing 3rd or 4th line, and we can make better use of those bottom 6 spots.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Oh yeah. I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not, but what I'm saying is if we sign a big scorer, then there's really no need for Boyes on the roster next season. He'd be likely be playing 3rd or 4th line, and we can make better use of those bottom 6 spots.

who would you play on the wings that'd be better than boyes?

boyes is quite young, if we can build chemistry with him+barkov+X, flash juggernaut huberdeau

i dont see a reason why we couldn't keep him, or sign him for 2-3 years?

trocheck could eventually come up i guess, filling that last RW spot (is he going to play RW or LW? or C... but with the way barkov/bjuggernaut is playing i dont see him playing 3C)

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

boyes is quite young, if we can build chemistry with him+barkov+X, flash juggernaut huberdeau

trocheck could eventually come up i guess, filling that last RW spot (is he going to play RW or LW? or C... but with the way barkov/bjuggernaut is playing i dont see him playing 3C)

Boyes is one dimensional and weak defensively. If he isn't being put in a position to score, he's not very useful.

I can see Trocheck at least being tried out on the wing.

Erick*

I hope that Boyes isn't in the long-term plans.

He's simply filling the Samuelsson/Mueller role from past years. Stopgap 2nd line forward. Hopefully there will be no need for that type of player in the future.

I would be shocked if he's not traded before the deadline. If there's one player on the current roster that I really think will be traded, it's him.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Oh, dear.....

vesuvia-cocaine.jpeg

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Boyes is one dimensional and weak defensively. If he isn't being put in a position to score, he's not very useful.

I can see Trocheck at least being tried out on the wing.

yes, but if you can have a 20 goal scorer for 1.5mil on the 2nd line until you're sure your players are ready and not rushed, i think there's very few teams that won't do it, one dimensional or not.

mbitonti

Sep 30, 2013
I agree Boyes is weak defensively and only legitimate in a top six role with a decent center, but the kicker is that he's cheap, fairly talented, and no other teams seem to be very interested. I think he's the perfect stopgap option at wing for a year or two until we can get somebody better/younger. Anybody else think Mueller would be a good fit on a line with Huby and Bjugs? Skates hard every shift and can score with the right line mates (no offense to Shore last year-he played great, but Bjugs/Barky would be a much better fit at center for Mueller I think).

Erick*

Players like Boyes are very replaceable. Tallon has basically done it every year since he's been here.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Well, Boyes is having a good season, but he has been inconsistent in the past, we have to admit that. If we can bring in a more established forward, it's a no-brainer that we do it to improve the team. Like I said, if Viola is committed to bringing in a top fish on offense in the summer, then you definitely trade Boyes at the deadline. If Viola is wishy-washy(which I don't think he is), then you keep Boyes. He'll be cheap to re-sign, which is the good thing about him.

I don't see the problem with running 3 good centers, having 3 strong lines. Every Cup team has that. Barkov-Juggernaut-Trocheck would be a great center lineup for the next decade.

If we sign a big fish this summer, that gives us Huby, Flash, Uppy, Winchester(hopefully he's re-signed), Kopecky, Hayes, and Bergy on the wing. They've talked about playing Shore on the wing also. That's 8 wingers already. Plus we'll probably bring Barch back. Even if a couple of those guys are traded, there is still a glut. Boyes wouldn't really fill a usefu role if he's not on the top 2 lines. We have a bunch of good bottom 6 players who play the role better than him.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
So right now the updated lines are and should continue to be

Fleish Bjugstad Huberdeau

Boyes Barkov Upshall

Goc Gomez Bergenheim

Barch Mathias Hayes

Great depth upfront balanced

Campbell Gudbranson

Kulikov Gilbert

Olsen Weaver

Great steady and youthful defense with some solid vets

Goaltending all Timmy!!

This team has some really exciting young players on the roster! Barkov, Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Gudbranson , Kulikov and Olsen! He better stay up! Olsen is a former 1st round pick! Played like a top 4 last night!! Blocking shots, hitting hard! Skating hard! Olsen deserves to stay!

Erick*

So right now the updated lines are and should continue to be

Fleish Bjugstad Huberdeau

Boyes Barkov Upshall

Goc Gomez Bergenheim

Barch Mathias Hayes

Great depth upfront balanced

Campbell Gudbranson

Kulikov Gilbert

Olsen Weaver

Great steady and youthful defense with some solid vets

Goaltending all Timmy!!

This team has some really exciting young players on the roster! Barkov, Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Gudbranson , Kulikov and Olsen! He better stay up! Olsen is a former 1st round pick! Played like a top 4 last night!! Blocking shots, hitting hard! Skating hard! Olsen deserves to stay!

Those aren't the d-pairings.
Campbell-Gilbert
Olsen-Gudbranson
Kuli-Weaver

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad