Line Combos: Lines For Next Season?

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
http://www.capgeek.com/cap-calculator/roster/18211

Line up next season according to Scott Cullen of TSN

My thoughts:
Not opposed to bringing Nyzerman back; but I'd have Jackman in reserve and have Bouma on the 4th line.
Horak is only allowed to play the first 15-20 games, because after that he expires for the season. Like milk, sort of.
Brodie signed for a hometown discount? :sarcasm:
If the Flames get Rev. Lovejoy on defense, I have a new avatar. (claiming dibs now)
Scott seems to have forgotten about Ramo, but Smith is an intriguing option.
Holy cap space, batman! Even with a couple of free agency signings, $10 million available is enough to take on some other team's headache for a price.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
So apparently Babchuk is off to the KHL. :handclap:
th

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I'd like to sign either Bozak or Weiss.
I'd also be fine with bringing back Nystrom.
Sign either Douglas Murray or Michael Roszival

Tanguay - Weiss/Bozak - Cammalleri
Glencross/Baertschi - Backlund - Hudler
Glencross/Baertschi - Stajan - Stempniak
Nystrom - Bouma - Reinhart

Extra's: Aliu, Jackman, Horak

Giordano - Brodie
Wideman - Murray/Roszival
Cundari - Butler

Extra's: Smith, Sarich, Wotherspoon, Breen, Negrin

Berra/Ramo in net.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
I think we need a top 4 Defencman this year as much as we need a centre. I think former flame Ian white could be a possibility. Is familiar with the club, is a right hand shot and is still fairly young.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Bozak would be a perfect player to sign for a fill-in piece while we're rebuilding. The guy can actually win a faceoff, too!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Bozak would be a perfect player to sign for a fill-in piece while we're rebuilding. The guy can actually win a faceoff, too!
I disagree, he will want a multi-year deal. The best player during a rebuild is one signed for 1 year IMO.

But if Bozak would sign a 1 year deal he would be a good fit. I like the idea of signing a bought out Richards for 1 year because he has alot to prove and could be traded at the deadline to a contender.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I disagree, he will want a multi-year deal. The best player during a rebuild is one signed for 1 year IMO.

But if Bozak would sign a 1 year deal he would be a good fit. I like the idea of signing a bought out Richards for 1 year because he has alot to prove and could be traded at the deadline to a contender.

I see where you're coming from. However, if we sign Bozak as a "fill-in" type of player during the rebuild, we need to ask ourselves how long the rebuild will actually take. One Year? Two years? Three? More?

Also, if we pick a center in the draft (Lindholm or Monahan), how long will it take for him to develop? Two? Three? Four?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I see where you're coming from. However, if we sign Bozak as a "fill-in" type of player during the rebuild, we need to ask ourselves how long the rebuild will actually take. One Year? Two years? Three? More?

Also, if we pick a center in the draft (Lindholm or Monahan), how long will it take for him to develop? Two? Three? Four?
I think either Lindholm or Monahan will be ready in 2014-15 to enter the league, ideally on the 2nd line.

By then Reinhart should also be ready for a regular 3rd line role as well. So in 14/15 as part of the rebuild I would like to see Backlund/Monahan/Reinhart as the top 3 centers.

I would also keep Stajan beyond this coming season before I would sign Bozak to a multi-year deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad