Lines for 2015/16 season

ChrisWinsor

Oct 21, 2010
I did a quick search and couldnt find projected lines for next season.

With the addition of Saad the LW position is stacked. Will Saad move to RW to play top line with Foligno and Johansen?

Where do you see Hartnell and Atkinson lining up?

thanks

Ltownballa4

Nov 7, 2014
Sadd-johansen-Atkinson
Foligno-Dubinsky-Jenner
Hartnell-wennberg-clarkson
Calvert-Campbell-boll

Murray/Johnson
Savard/prout
Tyutin/connauton/goloubef

Bobrovsky

I am just guessing here, these are not the exact lines

SGJacket

Mar 24, 2015
Saad - Johansen - Foligno
Jenner - Dubi - Clarkson
Hartnell - Wennberg - Atkinson
Calvert - Campbell - Borque
Boll

JJ - Savard
Murray - Golobef
Tyutin - Connauton
Prout

Not exactly what I'd do, but I think that's what it's gonna be to start the season. Milano, Rychel, Bjorkstrand, and Paliotta(sp?) will all have their chances in the line up. I'd like to think one of them will stick by the end of the year (putting Clarkson on the 4th line), but who knows.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Saad-Johansen-Jenner
Foligno-Dubi-Atkinson
Hartnell-Wennberg-Bourque
Calvert-Campbell-Clarkson

JJ-Savard
Murray-Prout
Tyutin-Connauton

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Man we're just one top 9 guy away from having 3 great lines. Hopefully Clarkson or Bourque will be born again and at least be adequate.
About the only thing for certain is we go Joey-Dubi-Wennberg down the middle. How the wings are spread (pun intended) is anybody's guess.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
The certainties, as I can see them:

Saad-Johansen-???
???-Dubinsky-???
Hartnell-Wennberg-???
???-Campbell-???

That leaves Foligno, Jenner, Atkinson, Calvert, Bourque, Clarkson, Boll and any prospects/AHLers to fill those remaining six spots.

Atkinson, Jenner and Foligno in some combination will fill the rest of the top two lines. I like the chemistry between Foligno and Dubi, so I'd probably slide Foligno on 2nd line RW, and I think Cam thrives with Johansen making plays for him, and Saad can only help that. That leaves Jenner on Dubi's left wing, which creates a real tough line with more than enough goalscoring punch.

That leaves the third and fourth lines. Optimally, I'd like to see Bjorkstrand or Milano step up in training camp and win that third-line RW spot, but fresh out of juniors I'm not ready to slot them in there. That leaves one major issue: of the bottom six wingers, only Calvert is particularly speedy. I'd like to get him on that Hartnell/Wennberg line, but that creates a Bourque/Campbell/Clarkson lumbering monstrosity on the fourth. Maybe Josh Anderson can earn one of those spots, but again, I'm not going to assume anything.

So these are my forward lines:

Saad-Johansen-Atkinson
Jenner-Dubinsky-Foligno
Hartnell-Wennberg-Clarkson
Calvert-Campbell-Bourque

Swap Clarkson and Bourque if you like; I've got them this way because I think Clarkson has a little more potential, but Bourque was more productive in his limited time in Columbus, so I could definitely see him being the incumbent third liner.

Defense is kind of a mess, but I'd like to see something like:

Johnson/Savard
Murray/Goloubef
Tyutin/Connauton

Boll and Prout are in the press box for now, maybe drawing in against teams where size/punching will be a factor.

As injuries happen, I think Rychel, Karlsson, and Anderson are the first callups for forwards, and Paliotta and Falk for defensemen.

I'm probably missing someone obvious, but I'm at work, so this is kind of off-the-cuff.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Saad-Johansen-Foligno
Jenner-Dubinsky-Atkinson/Bjorkstrand
Hartnell-Wennberg-Atkinson/Bjorkstrand
Calvert-Campbell-Clarkson/Bourque

I really think that Oliver Bjorkstrand is going to make a huge push to make the club. I'm not saying rush him, but if he's ready, you push Clarkson/Bourque down the lineup.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
You can either load up the first line....

Saad-Johansen-Foligno
Jenner-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Hartnell-Wennberg-Calvert
Boll-Campbell-Clarkson
Bourque

Or balance it out

Saad-Johansen-Atkinson
Jenner-Dubinsky-Foligno
Boll-Campbell-Clarkson
Bourque

Our D either way will likely be

JJ-Savard
Murray-Goloubef
Tyutin-Connauton
Prout

PP1

Saad-Johansen-Foligno

JJ - Savard

PP2

Hartnell-Dubinsky-Atkinson

Connauton - Murray

PP3 (Guys who rotate with PP1 and 2)

Jenner-Wennberg-Clarkson

PKers are Campbell, Calvert, Dubinsky, Jenner, Atkinson, Saad, Wennberg, Savard, Johnson, Murray, Tyutin, Goloubef

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Man we're just one top 9 guy away from having 3 great lines. Hopefully Clarkson or Bourque will be born again and at least be adequate.
About the only thing for certain is we go Joey-Dubi-Wennberg down the middle. How the wings are spread (pun intended) is anybody's guess.

I think Clarkson will be exactly that for us - adequate.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
Saad-Johansen-Jenner
Foligno-Dubi-Atkinson
Hartnell-Wennberg-Bourque

JJ-Savard
Murray-Prout
Tyutin-Connauton

The "Three-C" line, and the 4th-line to boot. The Three-C Body Shop marketing department should be drooling over that...car collisions, 4th-line bangers, etc. Or maybe they could be called the "Body Shop" line?

I wish we would keep lines together more so that they can develop an identity (Hartnell/Wennberg/Dano stayed together long enough to start to do this last year), but I realize that its not the way the NHL is now. I think the NHL needs more cool line nicknames!

Last edited:

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013

Saad-Johansen-???
???-Dubinsky-???
Hartnell-Wennberg-???
???-Campbell-???

That leaves Foligno, Jenner, Atkinson, Calvert, Bourque, Clarkson, Boll and any prospects/AHLers to fill those remaining six spots.

Atkinson, Jenner and Foligno in some combination will fill the rest of the top two lines.

I agree 100% with this.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The "Three-C" line, and the 4th-line to boot. The Three-C Body Shop marketing department should be drooling over that...car collisions, 4th-line bangers, etc. Or maybe they could be called the "Body Shop" line?

Cute idea. Now, who owns the naming rights to our arena again? ;)

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Saad-Johansen-Foligno
Jenner-Dubinsky-Atkinson/Bjorkstrand
Hartnell-Wennberg-Atkinson/Bjorkstrand
Calvert-Campbell-Clarkson/Bourque

I really think that Oliver Bjorkstrand is going to make a huge push to make the club. I'm not saying rush him, but if he's ready, you push Clarkson/Bourque down the lineup.

I agree (alarms going off - probably means we are rushing him) he has the best right wing playmaking - ? is can he stand up to the play

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Saad-Johansen-Jenner
Foligno-Dubi-Atkinson
Hartnell-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand

JJ-Savard
Murray-Prout
Tyutin-Connauton

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Saad-Johansen-Atkinson
Jenner-Dubinsky-Foligno
Hartnell-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Boll

Bourque gets buried again.

If no Bjorkstrand:
Saad-Johansen-Foligno
Jenner-Dubinsky-Clarkson
Hartnell-Wennberg-Atkinson
Calvert-Campbell-Bourque
Boll

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
My prediction our lines in the coming season:
Saad-Johansen-Atkinson
Jenner-Dubinsky-Foligno
Bourque/Boll-Campbell-Clarkson

JJ-Savard
Tyutin-Connauton
Prout-Goloubef

ChrisWinsor

Oct 21, 2010
Cool thanks guys. So Saad top line, Hartnell line 3.

I'm looking forward to seeing a healthy Blue Jackets this season.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Jarmo made it clear he wanted Saad to play with Johansen on the trade call.

Hartnell found a spark alongside Wennberg last season, so he figures to start there. Dubi is pretty well set as the #2 C so then you just have a few spots to fill in with Atkinson, Foligno, Jenner, Clarkson/Bourque, or Calvert.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego

Hartnell did spend a decent amount of time on the first line last season. I would imagine he spends a little bit of time next to johansen, possibly on the right wing. I think there will definitely be a strong effort to keep Saad-Johansen together early on, but right wing will be a revolving experiment to see who plays best on that side. I would think the most common top 9 RWs will be Foligno, Jenner, Atkinson, and Clarkson, with Bjorkstrand having good potential for to surprise.

I would say both Jenner and Foligno have meshed best with Johansen so far, but I like the similarities in Saad and Jenner, and think that combination could create a physically dominating and imposing line.

Saad-Johansen-Jenner
Foligno-Dubinsky-Clarkson
Calvert-Campbell-Bourque
Boll

(Rychel-Karlsson-Bjorkstrand)
(Milano-Chaput-Anderson)

I really like this depth. The confusion of having 6-7 LWs capable of playing top 9 will sort itself out in training camp. I think the competition will be fierce and we might end up needing all 18-20 of the forwards we have.

burnstick

Jan 7, 2015

Saad-Johansen-???
???-Dubinsky-???
Hartnell-Wennberg-???
???-Campbell-???

Atkinson, Jenner and Foligno in some combination will fill the rest of the top two lines. I like the chemistry between Foligno and Dubi, so I'd probably slide Foligno on 2nd line RW, and I think Cam thrives with Johansen making plays for him, and Saad can only help that. That leaves Jenner on Dubi's left wing, which creates a real tough line with more than enough goalscoring punch.

That leaves the third and fourth lines. Optimally, I'd like to see Bjorkstrand or Milano step up in training camp and win that third-line RW spot, but fresh out of juniors I'm not ready to slot them in there. That leaves one major issue: of the bottom six wingers, only Calvert is particularly speedy. I'd like to get him on that Hartnell/Wennberg line, but that creates a Bourque/Campbell/Clarkson lumbering monstrosity on the fourth. Maybe Josh Anderson can earn one of those spots, but again, I'm not going to assume anything.

So these are my forward lines:

Saad-Johansen-Atkinson
Jenner-Dubinsky-Foligno
Hartnell-Wennberg-Clarkson
Calvert-Campbell-Bourque

Swap Clarkson and Bourque if you like; I've got them this way because I think Clarkson has a little more potential, but Bourque was more productive in his limited time in Columbus, so I could definitely see him being the incumbent third liner.

Defense is kind of a mess, but I'd like to see something like:

Johnson/Savard
Murray/Goloubef
Tyutin/Connauton

Boll and Prout are in the press box for now, maybe drawing in against teams where size/punching will be a factor.

As injuries happen, I think Rychel, Karlsson, and Anderson are the first callups for forwards, and Paliotta and Falk for defensemen.

I'm probably missing someone obvious, but I'm at work, so this is kind of off-the-cuff.

I would say Bodnarchuk was brought in to battle for the # 5 6 7 spot he was impressive in Manchester
pretty polished D man

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Hartnell did spend a decent amount of time on the first line last season. I would imagine he spends a little bit of time next to johansen, possibly on the right wing. I think there will definitely be a strong effort to keep Saad-Johansen together early on, but right wing will be a revolving experiment to see who plays best on that side. I would think the most common top 9 RWs will be Foligno, Jenner, Atkinson, and Clarkson, with Bjorkstrand having good potential for to surprise.

I would say both Jenner and Foligno have meshed best with Johansen so far, but I like the similarities in Saad and Jenner, and think that combination could create a physically dominating and imposing line.

Saad-Johansen-Jenner
Foligno-Dubinsky-Clarkson
Calvert-Campbell-Bourque
Boll

(Rychel-Karlsson-Bjorkstrand)
(Milano-Chaput-Anderson)

I really like this depth. The confusion of having 6-7 LWs capable of playing top 9 will sort itself out in training camp. I think the competition will be fierce and we might end up needing all 18-20 of the forwards we have.

Foligno Dubi Atkinson have played well together in past years.. reunite the three and we have 4 good lines with the top 6 being pretty awesome.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Saad can play on the right too.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Foligno Dubi Atkinson have played well together in past years.. reunite the three and we have 4 good lines with the top 6 being pretty awesome.

The problem with that is Hartnell-Wennberg line needs a finisher. Hartnell is a garbage goal player and Wennberg is a playmaker. I don't know that they could carry Clarkson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad