Line Combos: Lines 15/16

RR10*

I didn't see a thread so I thought I would create one. These are the lines I would like to see for the season opener.

Steen - Stastny - Tarasenko (First line)
Schwartz - Lehtera - Fabbri (The new "STL-line")
Jaskin - Backes - Brouwer (Tough mofos with offensive potential)
Upshall - Brodziak - Reaves (Solid fourth)

Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Edmundson - Shattenkirk
Gunnarsson - Parayko

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Jayko
Edmundgelo
Gunnshatt

:popcorn:
If they do split up Bouwmeester and Petro, I think it's very likely Edmundson stays with Shatty. I guess just Bouw and Gunnar can rotate, which is still great flexibility.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
I can dig this lineup. Parayko certainly seems capable of jumping straight into the NHL but I can't help but wonder if playing in the AHL for a bit first would be better for his development. And I hate seeing Lindbohm sent down he should be with the Blues but there just isn't enough room for everyone.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Ott is gonna be in over Upshall on most nights, but other than that it looks pretty spot on

WiscoBlues

Feb 1, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
if it were up to me it'd be

Steen-Stastny-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Lehtera-Fabbri
Jaskin-Backes-Brouwer
Upshall-Brodziak-Reaves

Gunnarsson-Pietrangelo
Edmundson-Shattenkirk
Bouwmeester-Parayko

wouldn't mind swapping Fabbri and Jaskin though

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Dropping Lindbohm settle Jbo - Pietro are together. So its like this

Code:
Jbo - Pietro
Edmundson - Shattery
Gunnar - Parayko

Thoy dropping Lindbohm doesnt make any sense if pre-season Jbo - Parayko worked and Lindbohm - Pietro and Edmundson - Shattery. Gunnar should be odd man out. Welp thi is long season.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Quick question guys, who do you think will end up with more points, Fabbri or Jaskin ? Thanks

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Really? Man, I like Fabbri, but from everything I've seen from both of them, Jaskin is set up to be much more of an impact player this season. He didn't rack up assists last year because his linemates weren't scoring. At the very least, expect him to get similar goal and assist numbers and not fall off his 20 goal pace from last year. And I honestly think that's assuming no development on his part, just maintaining, getting more minutes, and consistently higher scoring linemates.
I think 35-40 points is Jaskin's floor, but expect closer to 50. Fabbri is a wildcard, but my expectations for him are lower than that.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
We all know the lines won't stay for more than a handful of games, so Jaskin os the safe choice. He looked really good in preseason and could be in for a breakout year, 50+ points is very reasonable for him.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
If they plan on using Backes in a shutdown role than that would change the way I'd like the lines to be set up.

If Backes is being used in the checking/shutdown role then I'd like to see:
Steen-Stastny-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Lehtera-Fabbri
Jaskin-Backes-Brouwer
Upshall-Brodziak-Reaves

If we plan on not going that route then I'd like to see
Steen-Stastny-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Lehtera-Jaskin
Fabbri-Backes-Brouwer
Upshall-Brodziak-Reaves

Defensively I'd like to see:
Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Edmundson-Shattenkirk
Gunnarsson-Parayko

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
So 9GP try-out Fabbri, could this mean they gonna send him back? Upshall signed + Rattie capable play up. Knowing Berglund will come back xmas. Or pressbox for Bertta/Ott? I know its far away, but you could speculate. At this point could send Fabbri back to juniors hurt his developent?

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
So 9GP try-out Fabbri, could this mean they gonna send him back? Upshall signed + Rattie capable play up. Knowing Berglund will come back xmas. Or pressbox for Bertta/Ott? I know its far away, but you could speculate. At this point could send Fabbri back to juniors hurt his developent?

The 9 game tryout was always going to be on the table. It's just referring to the way the CHL-NHL transfer rules work. If he plays well enough I'm sure they'll keep him up.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If we plan on not going that route then I'd like to see
Steen-Stastny-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Lehtera-Jaskin
Fabbri-Backes-Brouwer
Upshall-Brodziak-Reaves

Defensively I'd like to see:
Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Edmundson-Shattenkirk
Gunnarsson-Parayko
I like these lines period. I think it's the perfect balance everywhere.

In other news, it looks like you need a minimum of three syllables in your last name to play defense for the Blues. Jesus. Now we know why Lindbohm just didn't quite cut it.

Love those pairings though. Skill, size, some toughness. Just love that defense. Hopefully it translates to the ice.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA

In other news, it looks like you need a minimum of three syllables in your last name to play defense for the Blues. Jesus. Now we know why Lindbohm just didn't quite cut it.

Love those pairings though. Skill, size, some toughness. Just love that defense. Hopefully it translates to the ice.

And the guy with the highest scrabble score of them all is in the press box in this scenario

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Quick question guys, who do you think will end up with more points, Fabbri or Jaskin ? Thanks

I'd guess that Fabbri will be eased into this season, and well rested throughout, - so hell play roughly 65 games, averaging 17-18 minutes. I'd guess he'll score 19 goals and 26 assists for 45 points. I'd guess that Jaškin will play 79 games, and score 26 goals and add 22 assists. for 48 points. So, based on the fact that Jaškin should play more games, and that Fabbri will have a "feel out" period, needed to get used to NHL play, I expect Jaškin to score a bit more total points than Fabbri, despite Fabbri scoring more points per game played.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

I lean towards that set of lines as well. Not that I doubt Fabbri's ability, but it would be nice to be able to shelter him with some big bodies in the hope that they can create some space for him. Plus, I think Jaskin needs a more prominent role anyway.

We can always drop Schwartz or Jaskin down with Backes for an important defensive zone faceoff.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL

Jaskin this season, Fabbri could break out too and has higher potential but Jaskin is the safer bet for now

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Ott is gonna be in over Upshall on most nights, but other than that it looks pretty spot on

I expect we will also see a 4th line of Ott-Brodziak-Upshall against teams where we don't really expect to need a guy to drop the gloves, and occasionally Upshall-Ott-Reaves.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

Ranksu's Christmas present: Berglund come back!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad