Line Combos: line up when everyone is available?

paintball0531

Dec 23, 2011
Any ideas of what the team will look like? Would hate to be the coach right now as we can have an extra line of offense and defense that will deserve playing time.

do you think a trade will happen?

Last edited by a moderator:

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
There has to be a D trade, even if they opted to demote Vatanen. I think Beleskey will also be traded. Maybe they wait for the summer, but I'm absolutely certain that it happens.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Penner - Getzlaf - Perry
Silfverberg - Perreault - Selanne
Winnik - Koivu - Cogliano
Etem - Bonino - Palmieri

Fowler - Lindholm
Beauchemin - Souray
Allen - Vatanen

Hiller
Fasth

lumberjack

Jan 24, 2010
What player do you think we could get if we traded Beleskey. I would not want to see him go but if we got a legitimate heavyweight that can play and a 2nd or 3rd round it may be worth it.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
What player do you think we could get if we traded Beleskey. I would not want to see him go but if we got a legitimate heavyweight that can play and a 2nd or 3rd round it may be worth it.

He'd probably get dealt for a pick.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
Idk but we have a big problem.

Our team is firing on all cylinders. Too many forwards, defenseman and goalies. Haha

Ducks need to trade multiple assets that are roster players now for a key acquisition or a prized future to free up the logjam. Im not opposed to being in the Yakupov sweepstakes as I feel we have enough to get a deal done freeing up some of the logjam space. I know thats not what most would like. Probably defense is most peoples wish but I don't feel like the right defenseman is attainable at this time. Just not a good market IMO.

Guys that'd I'd make available for the right return...
Hiller
Fasth
Palmieri
Sbisa
Vatanen
Lovejoy
Souray

Then we have our future assets but that's part of the problem. They are all nearly ready so we need to make a quanity for quality trade.

Old men Koivu, Selanne, Souray all have us in a predicament right now.

I guess its a good problem to have.

parrosfan16

May 13, 2009

Maroon can handle anyone Beleskey can, and is a better hockey player to boot. I'd be happy if we got a 3rd pick for him. As far as a heavyweight, there is no point. He would never get to play.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Idk but we have a big problem.

Our team is firing on all cylinders. Too many forwards, defenseman and goalies. Haha

Ducks need to trade multiple assets that are roster players now for a key acquisition or a prized future to free up the logjam. Im not opposed to being in the Yakupov sweepstakes as I feel we have enough to get a deal done freeing up some of the logjam space. I know thats not what most would like. Probably defense is most peoples wish but I don't feel like the right defenseman is attainable at this time. Just not a good market IMO.

Guys that'd I'd make available for the right return...
Hiller
Fasth
Palmieri
Sbisa
Vatanen
Lovejoy
Souray

Then we have our future assets but that's part of the problem. They are all nearly ready so we need to make a quanity for quality trade.

Old men Koivu, Selanne, Souray all have us in a predicament right now.

I guess its a good problem to have.

We absolutely don't have a problem, we have a luxury. The Ducks don't need to trade anyone, but they could depending on the offer.

I think Murray will look to acquire a top pairing defenseman if the price is right, otherwise he'll stand pat.

paintball0531

Dec 23, 2011
Maroon can handle anyone Beleskey can, and is a better hockey player to boot. I'd be happy if we got a 3rd pick for him. As far as a heavyweight, there is no point. He would never get to play.

personally id rather have beleskey in the line-up than maroon. Even though maroon has some size he dosent have that grit that matt brings to the team

paintball0531

Dec 23, 2011
We absolutely don't have a problem, we have a luxury. The Ducks don't need to trade anyone, but they could depending on the offer.

I think Murray will look to acquire a top pairing defenseman if the price is right, otherwise he'll stand pat.

according to your lineup we do have a problem there is no way sbisa is content being the healthy scratch most nights

paine

Jun 4, 2007
according to your lineup we do have a problem there is no way sbisa is content being the healthy scratch most nights

Oh well, he's not very good.

Just like Murray said, if you don't want to be here, you won't be here.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
We will likely have to move a Dman when Souray gets back (unless Magnus and Vatanen are sent back which is unlikely) but until then we can get by with demotions and rotations. DSP is going to make it awfully difficult for Murray to send him back though, he looks like a changed player.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
When Souray comes back you cut loose Fistric and send Sami down. That leaves you:

Allen
Sbisa
Magnus
Cam
Beauch
Rev
Souray

Sbisa, Rev, Allen and Souray can take turns sitting. The old guys maybe on back to back days. For half a season it's a problem we can live with. If somebody else gets hurt we are back to having no excess. For the playoffs it's probably essential to (hopefully) have 7 healthy D.

In the off season we figure out who to keep or trade.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
I think we will go with this as long as possible. I really think they need an upgrade in D. I would also say we need to upgrade the size (Beleskey/maroon) but I just done see where they would fit into that line up without a trade.

Penner-Getz-Perry
silf-MP-Selanne
Winick-Koivu-Cogs
Palms-Bonino-Etem
Belesky-maroon

Fowler-Lovejoy
Beach-Lindholm
Sbisa-Allen

souray

Sent down, waived, traded
DSP
Rakell
Vatanen(maybe Lindholm but not due to his play)
Fistric

If there is a top end D-man available, we will have the assets. I would say almost everyone would be available for the right player, but here is a list of who I think they may want.

Not in any order, but I would expect to lose someone from this list if we want an upgrade

Silf
Palmieri
Etem
Lindhom
Anderson/Hiller/Fasth

Extra pieces depending on who it would be a trade for.

Rakell
Vatanen
Holland
Karlsson
Theodore
DSP
1st rounder

Who may need to be included for salary purposes
souray
Sbisa
Allen

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
No idea how the offense will look but this is my bet for D:

Beauchemin-Lindholm
Fowler-Souray
Allen-Vatanen

Sbisa should be traded because Vatanen is a better fit with Allen, a better defenseman, and clearly deserves to play over Sbisa.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Penner-Getz-Perry
Silf-Perrault-Teemu
Winnik-Koivu-Cogs
Palms-Bonino-Etem
Beleskey/Maroon

Beauch-Lindholm
Fowler-Souray
Allen-Vatanen
Sbisa/Lovejoy

I'd like to see us package a few of our assets to acquire a good dman though.

All the guys that can go down to the AHL freely will go down minus Etem/Vatanen/Magnus.

Oct 18, 2011
hard to say, i just hope these young guys coming in and playing well aren't demoralized when they're sent back to Norfolk.

but as we all know this team can't stay healthy :(

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Trades don't happen just because we want them too. Bob isn't going to dump anybody in a trade just to get down to the roster limit. And upgrades especially don't happen in perfect unison with guys coming back from injury and creating a need to reduce the roster. Like it or not, Sami will get sent down before we just trade Sbisa for a bag of pucks.

Bobby Smash

Feb 13, 2008
MX
I don't think you have to make a trade. Considering that Selanne, Koivu, Winnik, and maybe Penner are gone at the end of the season, Anaheim is going to have holes to fill and they have plenty of in-house solutions.

If Anaheim is going to trade someone, trade Winnik.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Penner-Getzlaf-Perry
Silf-MP-Teemu
Winnik-Koivu-Cogs
DSP-Bonino-Beleskey
Palms/Maroon

Etem goes back to the AHL. DSP has outplayed him. Palms has been horrible this year. He can rotate with Teemu when he gets tired.

Beauch-Souray
Fowler-Lindholm
Allen-Vatanen
Lovejoy

Cut Fistric loose, and get Sbisa the **** outta here. Vatanen's a better fit with Allen on the 3rd pairing, and has outplayed Sbisa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad