Line Up prediction

TML1977

Jun 24, 2014
toronto
Hey Fellow blue bloods

Hope your all enjoying the Summer break.

Here is my take for what its worth ..

1st line: JVR KESSEL BOZIE
2nd line: KADRI BROWN NYLANDER (FUTURE AND OUR KID LINE)
3rd line: LUPUL KONTIOLA KOMAROV
4th line: CLARKSON HOLLAND SANTORELLI

Defense:

Dion + Grannberg
Reilly + Polak
Gardiner + Robidas
Loov

Goalie:

Bernier
Tim Thomas ( we need a Fiery leader in the dressing room)

Shannys goal I honesyly belive is to finish in bottom so we can make a run at Eichel Or Mc David

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I think we have other threads but I'll take a stab.

What I want:

Lupul-Kadri-Kessel (Give it a go)
JvR-Bozak-Nylander (Seem like good guys to usher in the young-gun)
Komarov-Kontiola-Santorelli (Seems feisty, with a bunch to prove)
Frattin-Holland-Clarkson(Clarkson on 4th line seems crazy, but put $$ away, this line should prove)

Gardiner-Phaneuf(Jakes ready)
Rielly-Polak
Percy-Robidas(Stu needs a chance, with a vet no less)

--
What I expect:
JvR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Frattin
Komarov-Santorelli-Carkson
Ashton-Kontiola-Bodie

Phaneuf-Robidas
Gardiner-Polak
Reilly-Franson

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
You do know Nylander isn't even 170 lbs ? as fun as ruining our prospects is your proposed line isn't very realistic.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Keeping Lupol is poor asset management his value will drop steadily...should be dealt for a late 1st and let Leivo arrive

Gawd I'm getting sick of the term " poor asset management". Is Lupul an impending UFA? Is he 39 years old? We DO have to ice an NHL team, you know.

I think there really is a contingent of Leaf fans who don't even want us to have an NHL team.......only a large selection of draft picks and a farm system of great prospects, in perpetuity.

Myke

Jun 9, 2006
Toronto/Ottawa
www.myke.org
Keeping Lupul is not poor asset management. Yes he has been injured but when he hasn't been he brings alot to this team.

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Santorelli
Komorov -Kontiola - Clarkson
Bodie - Holland- Frattin

Phaneuf - Robidas
Gardiner - Polak
Rielly - Granberg (Franson if still here)

Bernier
Reimer? Some random signing? Not Broduer...

sgupca

Oct 9, 2008
Halifax, NS
Nonis, in his interview the other day said this would be his starting lineup as of now (if things dont change via trades or signings):

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
Komorov - Kontiola - Santorelli
Bodie - Holland- Frattin

Phaneuf - .......?
Gardiner - Polak/Robidas
Rielly - Polak/Robidas

He called the 3rd line the UFA line, he said frattin was brought in to play 3rd/4th line duties and would probably start the year on the 4th line with Holland (whom they want to get 8-12mins a night on the 4th line) and said Brodie was brought back for his size and competitive level to help that 4th line drive the net. That pushes clarkson up to the 2nd line with Kadri/Lupul. Which is a good thing, guy is working hard and coming to camp to play, leafs mamangement wants to see a bigger role and more production from his this year.

TML1977

Jun 24, 2014
toronto
He will bulk up over the summer plus the league is not a league full of goons as don cherry may want .. it should be a league full of fast and skillful hockey .. either way i think he will learn his best hockey at the nhl level.

Doc300c

Jun 18, 2014
Mississauga
Keeping Lupul is not poor asset management. Yes he has been injured but when he hasn't been he brings alot to this team.

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Bodie - Holland- Frattin

Phaneuf - Robidas
Gardiner - Polak

Bernier

This how i basically see it ending up with the potential for all 3 RW below Kessel to switch spots based on production/chemistry.
I dont see Granberg sitting in the pressbox so I would think Franson will be moved prior to camp or be the 7th D until they have a better idea of how Granberg will do. If he fails, Franson back in with Granberg back to the Marlies

Also didnt Nonis say Ashton would get his chance on the 4th line with Frattin and Holland?
Possibly means Bodie and Orr are extras or Orr is being sent back to the Marlies

Myke

Jun 9, 2006
Toronto/Ottawa
www.myke.org
This how i basically see it ending up with the potential for all 3 RW below Kessel to switch spots based on production/chemistry.
I dont see Granberg sitting in the pressbox so I would think Franson will be moved prior to camp or be the 7th D until they have a better idea of how Granberg will do. If he fails, Franson back in with Granberg back to the Marlies

Also didnt Nonis say Ashton would get his chance on the 4th line with Frattin and Holland?
Possibly means Bodie and Orr are extras or Orr is being sent back to the Marlies

Exactly, I could easily see Clarkson or Frattin on the second line too. I also think 4th line LW will be a fight between Ashton and Bodie, whoever has the best camp gets the spot and then has to keep it. And sitting Granberg in the pressbox would be a waste so I think he either has a spot or is with Marlies.

selltrade

Sep 20, 2005
Toronto
www.selltradememorabilia.com
JvR Bozak Kessel
Lupul Kadri Satorelli
Komarov Kontiola Carkson
Ashton Holland Frattin
extra - Bodie

Phaneuf-Gardiner
Reilly - Robidas
Polak -Franson
extra - Holzer

Bernier
Reimer

I could also see 1 forward and 1 Dman being added before camp

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Gawd I'm getting sick of the term " poor asset management". Is Lupul an impending UFA? Is he 39 years old? We DO have to ice an NHL team, you know.

I think there really is a contingent of Leaf fans who don't even want us to have an NHL team.......only a large selection of draft picks and a farm system of great prospects, in perpetuity.
People around here act as if they've had NHL executive jobs :laugh:

jiminygillickrs

Nov 27, 2010
Patrick Kane only weighs 180lbs.....

Point being, do some research before you go making claims about what PROFESSIONALS should be doing.

EDIT:
My point, basically this: "People around here act as if they've had NHL executive jobs" -KuleminFan41

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Bodie - Holland- Frattin

Phaneuf - Robidas
Gardiner - Polak

Bernier

My exact thoughts

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Komorov - Kontiola - Clarkson
Ashton - Holland - Frattin
Bodie

Phaneuf - Rielly
Gardiner - Robidas
Franson - Polak
Granberg

Bernier
Reimer

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
If Nylander makes the team, Carlyle and Nonis are desperate to not get fired.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
Keeping Lupol is poor asset management his value will drop steadily...should be dealt for a late 1st and let Leivo arrive

what has leivo shown to demonstrate he can play top 6 minutes in the nhl? i think he has promise but another season wont kill him. its also not like lupul wont get injured at some point so he will get his time if he does well with the marlies.

Nonis, in his interview the other day said this would be his starting lineup as of now (if things dont change via trades or signings):

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
Komorov - Kontiola - Santorelli
Bodie - Holland- Frattin

Phaneuf - .......?
Gardiner - Polak/Robidas
Rielly - Polak/Robidas

He called the 3rd line the UFA line, he said frattin was brought in to play 3rd/4th line duties and would probably start the year on the 4th line with Holland (whom they want to get 8-12mins a night on the 4th line) and said Brodie was brought back for his size and competitive level to help that 4th line drive the net. That pushes clarkson up to the 2nd line with Kadri/Lupul. Which is a good thing, guy is working hard and coming to camp to play, leafs mamangement wants to see a bigger role and more production from his this year.

Robidas will simply not play on the top pairing.

i agree that the lineup looks most balanced like that, especially if the 4th line plays a good 10 minutes a game. i dont understand people who dont think that clarkson wont be slotted in on the 2nd line to start. at $5.25 million he will be given every opportunity to be a 2nd line winger imo.

as for the defense i dont see how they dont play robidas with phaneuf. i think the left-right thing works and he is probably the most "complimentary" defenseman we have for phaneuf.

baring some significant trade i see the defense as,

phaneuf-robidas
gardiner-polak
rielly-granberg/percy

Doc300c

Jun 18, 2014
Mississauga
Robidas will simply not play on the top pairing.

Dion plays top pairing, that's easy

Robidas would be best suited on a 2nd pairing
Gardiner would be best suited on a 2nd pairing with Robidas

Polak would be best suited on a 3rd pairing with Rielly
Rielly would be best suited on a 3rd pairing with Poak
Granberg would be best suited on a 3rd pairing with Polak or Rielly

This leaves us with the following

1 player for the top 2 spots
2 players for the next 2 spots
3 players for the final 3 spots ( bottom pair & extra d )

Someone will be moved up to play with Dion.
Gardiner is great but if they put him on the top pair I fear he will end up like Holzer.
He's only had 2 full seasons.
There is no need to rush him into Schenn or Holzer.

The hope is that Rielly, Gardiner and Granberg will be ready for bigger roles next year.
There's no rush with young players, they are getting the experience they need.

Polak will be great as a shut down D to play with Rielly or Gardiner
We can hope Granberg will be the other shut down D to play with the other
That means some how we need to find a shut down D to play with Dion and we have 3 complete lines.
A 7th D is easy to find or bring up, hell I hope we bring up Holzer this year, at least give him a chance before he is claimed on waivers.

Right now we don't have a 2nd top pairing D that's ready, so use Robidas until we find one or until someone can prove they are worthy of it.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Nylander
Komarov - Kontiola - Clarkson
Frattin - Holland - Santorelli
Bodie

Phaneuf - Robidas
Gardiner - Polak
Rielly - Granberg

Bernier
Reimer**

* Franson is traded
** Reimer is kept to start the year because nobody wants him

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
This is a tank-worthy lineup, not that I am complaining. Just take baby steps.
Year 1: Bring the compete every game + not enough talent+ sell UFAs for picks = Top 5 pick
Year 2: No more UFAs + bring in some Marlies + Compete+ no rentals = top 10 pick or P.O
Year 3: If we truly are improving by this year, legitimate contenders for a P.O spot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad