Line shake ups

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Been there done that ....but once again just for fun..

Johnsson Tavares Marner..they were on fire together until Babcock ,for some unexplained reason,pulled Johnsson off.
Kapanen Matthews Nylander....Kapanen and Nylander both great at zone entries...
Hyman Kadri Brown....
The kadri line would be a pure shutdown line going against the other teams top lines...that could get Kadri energized and doing what he does best...and if they struggle they could easily go with one of their "stacked" lines..

4th line who cares..?

But babcock would never stack lines even if he had 9 hall of fame forwards....he would still put a stonehanded plugger on each line..
Oh Joy!
I like your lines, and on the forth line, you have Lindholm-Marleau-Moore or Marleau-Goat-Moore, either way, that’s as good a 4th as you can get.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
It's these down cycles that make me wonder if having a Captain would make a difference. Have a player meeting and have them sort this lack of effort out before Babs has to.
I think the differences between having a Capt is stuff like how to react when they boo Jake on the ice. The Capt could have asked Goat or Moore to do something to get people from booing to cheering even if it means taking a penalty by roughing the other team player. On top of that, I think a Capt could have come out and taken all the questions about booing after the game....

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I think the differences between having a Capt is stuff like how to react when they boo Jake on the ice. The Capt could have asked Goat or Moore to do something to get people from booing to cheering even if it means taking a penalty by roughing the other team player. On top of that, I think a Capt could have come out and taken all the questions about booing after the game....
Yeah they should just give it to JT and be done with it. Even if you think it should Morgan or AM I think most could live with JT and by all accounts he is the defacto Captain now. Don't know what they are waiting for.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Yeah they should just give it to JT and be done with it. Even if you think it should Morgan or AM I think most could live with JT and by all accounts he is the defacto Captain now. Don't know what they are waiting for.
I think they want to give it to Auston and just waiting for him to sign his extension.

Conan

Sep 13, 2009
Matthews - Tavares - Marner
Kadri - Nylander - Kapanen
Marleau- Gauthier- Johnsson
Brown - Lindholm - Hyman

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
Nylander Matthews Kapanen
Johnsson Tavares Marner
Marleau Kadri Hyman
Lindholm Gauthier Brown

Rielly Hainsey
Dermott Zaitsev
Gardiner Ozhiganov

They need to stop switching Matthews' linemates. He's had chemistry with Hyman and Nylander, and Kapanen and Johnsson. This year the best chemistry has been with Kapanen and it's obvious he has it with Nylander

Johnsson has looked better with Tavares and Marner than he has with Matthews.

It's time to make Kadri the matchup line. He's always played better when he has an assignment.

4th line could even have Moore in for Gauthier or Lindholm.

Rielly with Hainsey until we add an upgrade.

Dermott and Zaitsev because Gardiner and Zaitsev is horrendous and I believe this pairing would work better.

Gardiner and Ozhiganov because of the same reason as above.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
Matthews-Tavares- Marner
Johnsson- Nylander - Kapanen
Marleau - Kadri - Brown
Lindholm - Gauthier - Hyman

1st PP - Tavares line
2nd PP - Nylander line

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Nylander - Matthews - Kapanen
Hyman - - -Tavares- - - Marner
Marleau - - Kadri - - Johnsson

or

Kadri - - Matthews - Kapanen
Hyman - - Tavares - - Marner
Marleau - - Willy - - Johnsson

or

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - - Tavares - - Marner
Johnsson - - Kadri - - Kapanen

or

Marleau - Matthews - Marner
Kadri - - -Tavares - - - Hyman
Johnsson - - Willy - - Kapanen

or

Hyman - - Matthews - - Marner
Johnsson - Tavares - - Nylander
Marleau - - - Kadri - - - Kapanen​

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Offense is drying up and some guys are in a funk. Would shifting some of our lines around help. I was thinking. Johnsson Mathews Marner Kadri Tavares Hyman Marleau Nylander Kapanen Lindholm Goat Brown Thoughts
you are supposed to use bullet points

Death or Glory

Apr 28, 2018
I think Mathews Nylander has been done to death. Nylander tries to make the pretty plays to much but when they are beautiful. Nylander and Kapanen are best buds and they're speed could compliment each other. Kapanen also is somewhat gritty in the corners unlike Nylander would be on Mathews wing. Marner for his size isn't afraid of the corner because of his speed, skating and awareness

Death or Glory

Apr 28, 2018
Kadri has scored 30 the past 2 years. He's a legit 2 center and can shutdown but has struggled this year in that role. Confidence is huge, playing with JT might be that injection. Kadri, Hyman and Kapanen are our most aggressive forwards which makes us in sad shape for a long playoff

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Personally I think we need to go back to Nylander with Matthews and Hyman. They've worked in the past as our #1 line. Then put Johnsson back with Tavares and Marner. He looked great with the two of them. Also get Moore back up and put Goat in the press box.

Johnsson Tavares Marner
Hyman Matthews Nylander
Marleau Kadri Kapanen
Moore Lindholm Brown

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Kapanen - Matthews - Nylander
Johnsson - Tavares - Marner

This is my preferred top 6. Matthews wingers are great at zone entries. Kapanen is a secondary goal scoring threat to feed outside of Nylander looking for the obvious Matthews pass. Kapanen has shown the grit to fill in that "Hyman" role on top of higher end skill and his speed to burn is always a plus.

Johnsson looked great with Tavares and Marner and they were dominating together. No reason to not put them together again.

Bottom 6 is really up for debate, but I think Kadri can still drive his own line. Give him a lot of grit to work with.

Hyman - Kadri - Brown
Moore - Gauthier - Lindholm

Kadri gets two guys who will bang it down low and cause havoc. They also have no problems deferring to him, so he will have the puck the most on that line.

Moore looked great in his NHL stint and for all intents and purposes, he would drive that fourth line.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Johnsson-Matthews-Marner
Hyman-Tavares-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Kapanen

Try it out

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
It has been written that Hyman is the grit player who will go into the dirty areas of the offensive zone to retrieve pucks for Matthews to shoot. Matthews is a left-hand shooting center who would naturally feed his right winger Nylander, a more talented player than Hyman. It all makes sense yet it took 17 games since Nylander's return for Babcock to finally get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad