Line Brawls 2015-16 season

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Idk how to answer the OP in terms of why it would happen or who the particular combatants would be but I'd relish the situation arriving and would welcome a: Deslaurier-Foligno-Kane line brawl for my own entertainment. I have to imagine Weber would be clutching and eating fists on defense alongside hopefully Bogosian who could hold his own.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Tough to see who we can put for Habs. I would guess:

Kassian - Mitchell - Weise
Beaulieu - Pateryn

Pateryn and Weise can take weak MWs. Kassian and Beaulieu I can see dealing with MWs in general. Mitchell can take a lighty.

I'm more comfortable about banging and crashing other players into the boards than our team fighting in a line brawl. DSP, DLR, Emelin, Kassian, Weise, Pateryn and Subban are all very capable of delivering highlight-reel worthy hits, and few teams have as many bangers as we do this season.

Mynameismark*

Tough to see who we can put for Habs. I would guess:

Kassian - Mitchell - Weise
Beaulieu - Pateryn

Pateryn and Weise can take weak MWs. Kassian and Beaulieu I can see dealing with MWs in general. Mitchell can take a lighty.

I'm more comfortable about banging and crashing other players into the boards than our team fighting in a line brawl. DSP, DLR, Emelin, Kassian, Weise, Pateryn and Subban are all very capable of delivering highlight-reel worthy hits, and few teams have as many bangers as we do this season.

Get Tinordi in there.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Maple Leafs are by far the softest NHL in history as of now dont forget about the Pens and Red Wings

The Leafs are softer than the Pens?? I don't know about that. The Pens literally don't have a single player capable of fighting. Crosby may be their toughest guy.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
McLeod-Cliche-Bordeleau
Beauchemin - Stuart

There would be better options than Cliche (Iggy, Landeskog), but none of them play centre. Those 5 can dance with anybody.

JayRosehillMVP

snubbed again
May 28, 2012
Philadelphia
Simmonds-White-Voracek
Schenn-Gudas

Not too shabby. Simmonds, White, and Gudas are good light/middleweights, Schenn a decent low end heavy. Pissed of Voracek can kick some ass.

Could probably go toe to toe with most teams, although Schenn as the only heavy might hurt us.

Bruise Bros 2426

Jul 17, 2011
How about Columbus?

Foligno-Dubinsky-Boll
Prout-Savard

Or, if we don't care about LW/C/RW positions:

Clarkson-Dubinsky-Boll
Prout-Savard

Calgary:

Bollig-Bouma-Ferland
Engelland-Giordano

Anaheim:

Jackman-Maroon-Stewart
Bieksa-Stoner

Vancouver:

Prust-Dorsett-Burrows
Sbsia-Weber

Last edited:

Bruise Bros 2426

Jul 17, 2011
The Leafs are softer than the Pens?? I don't know about that. The Pens literally don't have a single player capable of fighting. Crosby may be their toughest guy.
I wonder how much Farnham plays this coming season. If he doesn't play much I don't see them getting to 10 fighting majors.

Same with Detroit. Mitchell Callahan may get his chance on the 4th line with Datsyuk and Franzen out to begin the year. If not, I don't see Detroit getting to 10 either.

Rich Clune will be in training camp for Toronto, but given Babcock's recent track record with fighters I see him in the AHL. At least the Leafs have Phaneuf and Polak. I think Pittsburgh is the softest team as of right now.

Minnesota looks really soft, too. I don't even know if Tyson Strachan will make the team.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I wonder how much Farnham plays this coming season. If he doesn't play much I don't see them getting to 10 fighting majors.

Same with Detroit. Mitchell Callahan may get his chance on the 4th line with Datsyuk and Franzen out to begin the year. If not, I don't see Detroit getting to 10 either.

Rich Clune will be in training camp for Toronto, but given Babcock's recent track record with fighters I see him in the AHL. At least the Leafs have Phaneuf and Polak. I think Pittsburgh is the softest team as of right now.

Minnesota looks really soft, too. I don't even know if Tyson Strachan will make the team.

Reid McNeill might get a call-up this season; solid light-heavyweight fighter. Besides that; it's absolute garbage. That's what Rutherford and the puppets want. This team should be close to being a first seed in the Eastern conference. Why is acquiring an enforcer out of the question? Wilson or Rust should not be playing in a fourth-line role when they can play on the top-six in the AHL. Bobby Farnham is too small and isn't good with the gloves off. Not even WBS will have anyone to fill that role (which is a very moronic idea with the loose cannons in the AHL).

Getting Anthony Peluso/Patrick Bordeleau and someone like Dylan McIlrath/Reid McNeill instantly changes the make up of the team. Would have balance; which the team has been missing since the 2010-2011 season. Pittsburgh fanbase love players like these. Always saw a good amount of Engelland, Godard, and Asham jerseys.

The Pacific division will be fun to watch this season. Lucic, Stewart, Scott, McGrattan, Bieksa; and Bissonnette on a AHL contract.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Brouwer-Brodziak-Reaves
Lindbohm-Bortuzzo

Or would be nice if Joel Edmundson was called up and replaced Lindbohm in a line brawl, but either way still pretty tough.

Bruise Bros 2426

Jul 17, 2011
Reid McNeill might get a call-up this season; solid light-heavyweight fighter. Besides that; it's absolute garbage. That's what Rutherford and the puppets want. This team should be close to being a first seed in the Eastern conference. Why is acquiring an enforcer out of the question? Wilson or Rust should not be playing in a fourth-line role when they can play on the top-six in the AHL. Bobby Farnham is too small and isn't good with the gloves off. Not even WBS will have anyone to fill that role (which is a very moronic idea with the loose cannons in the AHL).

Getting Anthony Peluso/Patrick Bordeleau and someone like Dylan McIlrath/Reid McNeill instantly changes the make up of the team. Would have balance; which the team has been missing since the 2010-2011 season. Pittsburgh fanbase love players like these. Always saw a good amount of Engelland, Godard, and Asham jerseys.

The Pacific division will be fun to watch this season. Lucic, Stewart, Scott, McGrattan, Bieksa; and Bissonnette on a AHL contract.
I don't know much about McNeil, but I think the Pens need some sort of muscle, especially given the likelihood that they make the playoffs. Wonder if Crosby and Malkin take extra abuse this year with guys like Downie, Bortuzzo and Adams gone (not that Adams was a good fighter, but he was definitely willing).

Yeah, I don't think McGrattan will see much (if any) time in the NHL, but I hope I'm wrong. Same with Bissonnette. The west in general seems more gritty. Scott's gonna have plenty of guys to choose from, but I see him shying away from guys like Gazdic and Peluso. Hope I'm wrong on that too, but he hardly fights anymore.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Zac Rinaldo - Matt Beleskey - Tyler Randell (has a chance at making the team)
Adam McQuaid - Zdeno Chara/Kevan Miller

Not the best, but not too bad.

That said, we won't see a line brawl this year, hell, you'd be lucky to get two fights at once.

Last edited:

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
If it weren't for our paper thin defense I honestly think the sabres could hang with most...Foligno - Mccormick - Deslauriers has to be one of the best forward groups in the league and we have kane and mcginn to boot. But the defense would literally have to be weber and Bogosian which brings the forward crew right back down. We lack a true heavy but I think any of those forwards could beat any middle weight depending on how it shook out...

Mike Lange Version 2

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
From the Pens

Farnham-Farnham-Farnham
Farnham-Farnham

I got nothing aside from that lol.

If I were actually trying:

Kunitz-Malkin-Farnham

Literally no one on our D would fight.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Has Farnham ever won a fight? I feel like Gregory Campbell would beat him up.

He does boxing training during the summer. Still a massive punching bag. His balance sucks, and he never switches to south-paw, which is not ideal when you're 5'9"/5'10". Yes, I think Campbell edges him out. No denying that he has heart; damn entertaining with his speed and recklessness.

steezyjeeves

Apr 18, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Sens:

Greening - Smith - Neil
Cowen - Borowiecki

Hopefully this is never a combination of players that are on the ice together at any point, but it would be our best line to have out for a brawl.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
Brown - Latta - Wilson
Orpik - Chorney? Don't know how goof he or Stanton is at fighting.

This would be pretty darn solid though. Maybe LOB instead of Brown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad