Line Combos: Line 1: Left Wing position

GFS

Apr 12, 2010
Who should be slotted in the number 1 line left wing position?

XXX - Ryan Getzlaf - XXX
XXX - XXX - XXX
XXX - XXX - XXX
XXX - XXX - XXX

XXX - XXX
XXX - XXX
XXX - XXX

XXX
XXX

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Start the season with Penner, if it fails Silfverberg or Palms in very fast.

Last edited:

SoCalHockey

Jun 11, 2010
I agree. It has to be Penner in hopes he finds his stride with the twins. If not I'd say Palmieri or Silfverberg.

GFS

Apr 12, 2010
On that matter, why are we going to vote on 1RW if we're not voting on 1C?

And that third line is already filled. LoL

I'm fairly confident that Getzlaf will be 1C. Do you think there's a chance that Perry will be 2RW in order to spread out the scoring? I'm assuming the third line will be Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano, but I don't know enough about the team to make these assumptions. If you guys know which positions are pretty much set in stone, I can pencil them in and skip some unnecessary polls.

SugarSherm

The One and Only
Aug 25, 2012
Augusta, Georgia
I'm fairly confident that Getzlaf will be 1C. Do you think there's a chance that Perry will be 2RW in order to spread out the scoring? I'm assuming the third line will be Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano, but I don't know enough about the team to make these assumptions. If you guys know which positions are pretty much set in stone, I can pencil them in and skip some unnecessary polls.

I'm fairly certain the Getzlaf and Perry are locks for 1C and 1RW so you could add Perry in there.

Yemeth

Feb 3, 2013
Zagreb
I voted for Jakob Silfverberg as I fear the line Penner - Getzlaf - Perry would be way too slow even though the cyle of that line could be really wicked.

As I have almost not seen Silfverberg play maybe my notion that he is noticeable faster than Penner is wrong any way.

IMO, if Penner does not have a career year this year, he will never have, because if he sucks this year he will probably fall out to 3rd or 4rd line duties which is way below his talent.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
Silf. Palms. They can both get spot shots on the 1st rw line.

But penner all the way.

I would hate to ruin a youngsters career by forcing them to play with getz and perry.

Go learn to play nhl hockey on a line that actually utilizes all 3 forwards, make a spot for yourself and build up some chemisrry with other youngsters on the 2nd or 4th lines.

That 1st line rw spot is such a deadzone while getz and perry grind and play dump and chase. Occasionally, with posession in the offensive zone, getz might send a blind backhander your way thatyou have to reach 15 feet for to receive.

Maybe throw vatanen there.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Alright... here's what set:

__1LW__ - Getz - Perry
__2LW__ - _2C_ - _2RW_
Winnik- Koivu-Cogs
__4LW__ - _4C_ - _4RW_

Here's on tap:
Veteran Players:
LW Penner

Returning Young players with more than 2 NHL years:
LW Beleskey
C Bones

Returning young players with one NHL season:
RW/F Palms
F Sifl
RW Etem - two way contract

Returning young players with under one NHL season:
C Holland
LW Maroon - one way contract
LW DSP

Rookies with under five NHL games:
C Rakell
C Sarault
LW Noesen

Positional competitions
1LW: Penner, Silf, Beleskey, Palms, and Etem
2LW: see 1LW options
2C: Bones, Holland, Rakell, Sarault
2RW: Palms, Etem
4LW: Maroon, DSP
4C: see 2C options
4RW: Beleskey, DSP, Noesen

Now, GFS, which team do you usually root for, if you don't mind me asking because being fairly confident that Getz will be 1C is a bit odd of a remark considering he's been cemented as 1C for several years now and is signed to a mega deal for the next several more years. Similarly, the same can be said for Perry. They're called the Twins for a reason. If you're a new Duck fan, then welcome.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I don't think the 3rd line is 100% set in stone like you guys do they were impressive to start the season but sizzled off.

GFS

Apr 12, 2010
Now, GFS, which team do you usually root for, if you don't mind me asking because being fairly confident that Getz will be 1C is a bit odd of a remark considering he's been cemented as 1C for several years now and is signed to a mega deal for the next several more years. Similarly, the same can be said for Perry. They're called the Twins for a reason. If you're a new Duck fan, then welcome.
Thanks for the info Hockey Duckie. I usually root for Detroit, but I'm more of a fan of the game. You're right. I should have said I was certain that Getzlaf is the 1C. Can't see anyone else taking that spot.

I don't think the 3rd line is 100% set in stone like you guys do they were impressive to start the season but sizzled off.
Since you don't believe the 3rd line is set in stone, I can run polls for the 3rd line positions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad