Confirmed with Link: Lindy Ruff named Head Coach, Press Conference at 1:00 PM EDT

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Also as a side note…Vanek is the perfect example of how to understand Lindy’s relationship with players. Some people seem surprised that Vanek is so positive about Lindy or that he texted Lindy when he got the job to tell him he’s the exact right fit. But there’s a difference between a bad boss and a boss who gets you to your best and helps you maximize your ability and earning potential. Yeah…you hate a lot of the time. And it also made you great and you love your life because of it.

I remember Slash was asked about working with Axl during their decades apart after the breakup. He said he’s never worked with a more difficult person. That some days were so impossible you just had to walk away and think about not coming back. And then he paused and said…but he’s the best artist I’ve ever worked with and those were the best times of my career.

I hope some of the players reach out to guys like Vanek if they have those tough days with Lindy. Because he has a world of advice on how to look at things in a bigger picture.
I've posted this before. There's a story that many of the 1960s GB Packers of their (5 in 7 years) NFL and SB championship teams inwardly hated Vince Lombardi, then paradoxically cried like babies when learning of his passing from (publicly-known) cancer less than 9 months after winning his 2nd Super Bowl (age 57).

The Sabres not even interviewing Berube is pretty dire
Maybe Berube told them he wouldn't take the job if offered?

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Never experienced a Siberian winter. But I know a Sabres off-season runs from October - September so I’ll take the second one as being longer.
We have winter for six months a year (it’s annoying) and I don’t even live in Siberia. Even now it’s almost May, and sometimes it snows here.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
As someone with experience on Siberian type winters, camp feels further away. It's still -1 here today and it has been an abnormally warm spring so far.

On the bright side, we are only a couple months from the best patio weather in the world imo. Mid June will see us around 20-24 degrees with very little humidity and sun until after midnight. Let's hope the Sabres are also breaking out of the long winter and into the light as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ehran

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I was listening to Rhett Warrener’s podcast and he said he was talking to another former Sabres D (either Sarich or Regher) and they both said that structure was the last word that comes to mind when it comes to Lindy’s coaching. Thought that was kinda frightening to hear….

Reactions: BuffaloMango

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I was listening to Rhett Warrener’s podcast and he said he was talking to another former Sabres D (either Sarich or Regher) and they both said that structure was the last word that comes to mind when it comes to Lindy’s coaching. Thought that was kinda frightening to hear….

Warrener hasn't played for Lindy since 2003 and Sarish since 2000. That's over 20 years ago. I highly doubt Ruff's the same coach now as he was back when they were on the Sabres.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

When I hear Warrener I think of a serial monogamist who left a bunch of trophy clothing in his old house for the next owner. :biglaugh: he seems like somebody who would be better served talking about what’s going on in Calgary but whatever.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Hey, just so you know, that comes across as a fair weather, band wagon fan. I get your feelings, but get on board man! It's on! Is this mike on?
Call me fair weather then. I've supported this team since the early 80s. Everyone has their breaking point, be it with a sports team, significant other, job, whatever. I'm not saying I'm ditching for another team like the other guy. But I'm not invested like I once was. I'm in the prove it and I'll come back stage now.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
If Buffalo was rebuffed by Berube, I'm sure it's because he wanted term and Pegula wouldn't give it. More proof that Lindy was the budget option -- which I don't necessarily have a problem with. More expensive doesn't' always mean better.
So you’re still sticking with “the owner is cheap and controlling everything” narrative? Even after we fired Granato, are eating his 2yr extension and Friedman reported that “It was very clear that Kevyn Adams made the change”

Thats a pretty ironic stance after your lectures in this thread about Adams supporters being stubborn, refusing to accept new information and stubbornly sticking to their prior beliefs. Frequently posted in defense of Friedman.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Lindy is an honorable guy. If he's going to ruin the team teaching soft guys to hit and play w passion. I cant think of a better way to go out. I want skinner to win over lindy , he proved he can pass, if he kicks somebody's ass the whole team will have to. Grow up peter pan. I know you are a tough hockey player. The fate of this team partially rests on yourr buy in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad