Confirmed with Link: Lindy Ruff named Head Coach, Press Conference at 1:00 PM EDT

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Double digit interviews in a week? Really Adams?

It remains a point of skepticism.

facetime. not a regular call, always with video.

My kids will facetime with my parents and sister. They don't with me... probably because they both just come over to my apartment (or in the youngest's case, she lives here 2 out of every 4 weeks). My older one called me up Sunday when he was done with his work shift to just decompress so we watched some hockey and shot the shit.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Ralph Krueger called him using 11 different voices.
1713895071967.png

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Seems like all the right things are being said.

Time to prove it.

Yep. I would also add that they tiptoe lightly around the Amerks if they can while they gear up for the Crunch. It's an opportunity to get more experience, don't be a distraction to their preparations.

Reactions: Zman5778

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I definitely love it though I just had a flashback to Reinhart sitting the entire game.

That wasn't him though, that was after he'd left and Murray was making up rules on the fly. I often wonder what Murray's diagnosis would be - some level of spectrum mixed with ADHD is my guess.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'm levitating listening to this.
I'm touching my ceiling....from the other side. I floated right out of the house.

Now's a good time to re-invest in the Sabres. I'm telling you, the pressure is on to get this right, and for once, they made the right hire for it.

Adams' job has just begun this summer. They'll be going after some forward tinkering, and VERY likely a defensive center. They also expect the significant talent we have to be ready to play in September. That was always the most important part.

"Is a top 6 forward, or a center, or toughness most important this summer?" This most important things this summer are: Rasmus Dahlin ascending to the Norris level we know he can. UPL continuing to be a top 10 goalie. Dylan Cozens becoming a top 6 center we think he is. Peterka and Quinn fighting to prove they too deserve an early big contract. Benson exploding in Year 2. Power showing he can surpass even Dahlin. On and on.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Is it correct that it's only a two year contract? Adams has been operating on a very odd timeline his entire tenure so far. Is the idea that Ruff is just going to be a holdover for a couple years while the younger players continue to mature? These players are going to start getting pissed that moves aren't being made to build a serious winner.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is it correct that it's only a two year contract? Adams has been operating on a very odd timeline his entire tenure so far. Is the idea that Ruff is just going to be a holdover for a couple years while the younger players continue to mature? These players are going to start getting pissed that moves aren't being made to build a serious winner.

Yeah, 2 years.

Adams has put the target on himself to get things done roster-wise. We have to see if he can actually do it and there is certainly cause for doubt.

Reactions: pigpen65

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
It's possible. I once did seven job interviews in a single day. For five of 'em it only took about four minutes to figure out "This guy ain't it", but still had to feign interest for the rest of the time.

Honestly, numbers six and seven probably did not get a fair shake. o_O

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
I'm touching my ceiling....from the other side. I floated right out of the house.

Now's a good time to re-invest in the Sabres. I'm telling you, the pressure is on to get this right, and for once, they made the right hire for it.

Adams' job has just begun this summer. They'll be going after some forward tinkering, and VERY likely a defensive center. They also expect the significant talent we have to be ready to play in September. That was always the most important part.

"Is a top 6 forward, or a center, or toughness most important this summer?" This most important things this summer are: Rasmus Dahlin ascending to the Norris level we know he can. UPL continuing to be a top 10 goalie. Dylan Cozens becoming a top 6 center we think he is. Peterka and Quinn fighting to prove they too deserve an early big contract. Benson exploding in Year 2. Power showing he can surpass even Dahlin. On and on.
Ruff mentioned Ray, Peters and Mair by name as important role players.

Just sayin'.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Adams spoke to "double digit" folks? Hmmm... well... name and shame, Kevyn.

Yeah, He "talked" to 10 "coaches":
  1. Rod Brind'Amour: "Hey Rod, just wanted to check in one last time..."
  2. Matt Ellis: "Hey Matty, you're not gonna be behind the bench. Anymore."
  3. Marty Wilford: "Hey Marty, how's things? We didn't officially fire you, but we're gonna hire Lindy and he might. So just hang tight buddy."
  4. Mike Bales: "Great job this year Mike, the goalies really took a step forward this year! We're gonna hire Lindy, I'm sure he'll enjoy working with you and the goalies, he didn't have any of those at his last job"
  5. Dan Girardi: "Hey Dan, what exactly are doing for us these days again?"
  6. Seth Appert: "We're offering Lindy the job and we're going to recommend that he bring you up as an assistant with the big club. We'll let you know what he says."
  7. Adam Mair (Player development "Coach"): "Hey Adam, Lindy's back!"
  8. Tim Kennedy (Player development "Coach"): "Hey Tim, Lindy's back!"
  9. Craig Berube: "Would you mind telling your agent to stop floating rumors out to the media, we already offered Lindy the job."
  10. Gerard Gallant: "Hey Gerard, yeah, no I've seen the rumors out there too. Not sure where that's coming from, we actually already offered Lindy the job last week."

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I missed the press conference so what was the context? Did he say he talked to that many candidates? Or just people in general.

Could it include people he called to ask about the guys in his list?

Unless you would rather believe Adams is bold face lying, then I think it’s safe to say the narrative that Adams only talked to Ruff should be dead.

Reactions: joshjull

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I missed the press conference so what was the context? Did he say he talked to that many candidates? Or just people in general.

Could it include people he called to ask about the guys in his list?

Unless you would rather believe Adams is bold face lying, then I think it’s safe to say the narrative that Adams only talked to Ruff should be dead.
The problem is there is a group of people who just believe he is bold face lying. Which, if that's the case, means these people wouldn't have been happy no matter what happened because they are already just going to believe what they want to regardless of the information. If the question wasn't asked they'd be mad and if Adams straight said, "yea I only talked to Ruff" they also would have been mad.

Reactions: Dingo44

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The problem is there is a group of people who just believe he is bold face lying. Which, if that's the case, means these people wouldn't have been happy no matter what happened because they are already just going to believe what they want to regardless of the information. If the question wasn't asked they'd be mad and if Adams straight said, "yea I only talked to Ruff" they also would have been mad.
The trick with spending any kind of advanced time on the internet is to learn who is and isn't acting.

The people who still think Adams didn't do a coaching search, genuinely, can be ignored, because they'll never talk to you in good faith about anything else either.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
I think it’s fair to assume that Adams started speaking to potential candidates far before the timeline of Don getting fired and now.

I also ascended to another plane when Lindy discussed xG and entry denials and analyzing which defensive partners play well together by using the numbers to supplement your eyes. Dominic Galamani must be salavating.

Reactions: Jacob582

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad