Post-Game Talk (GBU): Lindy gets #600

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
G- Ennis/Stafford/Moulson
Enroth

It was a loss and some players weren't good, but nobody was bad exactly. Leino played 6 or 7 minutes, Stewart gets a pass with the potential trade situation. Didn't want to lose to Dallas or Ruff, but I guess its a nice narrative that his 600th win was against the team he was with forever.

U- Milbury, that rant he went on was over the top

I tuned Milbury out. What did he go on about?

It's funny, I thought Myers made several good defensive plays in the first 4 minutes of the game. He was also good offensively in the first period. I didn't notice him much after that. Opinions seems mixed on him last night.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Dater tweeted or retweeted something about there only being one scout there. He was interested in how many teams would want to see Stewart.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
For some reason Girgs looked exhausted last night. Never seen him so passive/slow before.

Just looked up the stats - yup, turns out Girgs has played the most games out of anyone on this team. 60 games in the NHL + the Olympics. I don't think he even took a rest day after Sochi.

Zemgus, you're working too hard.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
He went off on Patty mostly and brought the Isles situation into it. He basically called him a prima Donna and a coward. It was obvious he was speaking personally and not professionally. He's such a ******.

He also went on to call Nolan out for being a baby and siding with Patty and not accepting a contract extension, praised Murray for saying he wasnt going to beg anyone to be there, and that Murray should tell him not to hit the door hit on the butt on his way out.

He also ranted that Nolan isnt a very good NHL coach, doesnt know X's and O's and that the only goal they scored against Canada was drawn up by an assistant coach.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
He also went on to call Nolan out for being a baby and siding with Patty and not accepting a contract extension, praised Murray for saying he wasnt going to beg anyone to be there, and that Murray should tell him not to hit the door hit on the butt on his way out.

He also ranted that Nolan isnt a very good NHL coach, doesnt know X's and O's and that the only goal they scored against Canada was drawn up by an assistant coach.
I love Nolan, but what Milbury said about him as a coach was mostly true. Ted is great at making his players compete and work hard, but he needs a team of assistant coaches to do all the other things.

I'm sure you've seen that it's mostly Sacco talking during Sabres' timeouts. It's the same in our national team.

As for the contract, Ted can do whatever he wants to do, obviously. It was just an obvious attempt at creating a bit of drama for the TV audience.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010

Ahh, thanks to you both. Not ever sure why he is employed by anyone. He rarely has anything insightful or useful to contribute.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad