Confirmed with Link: Lindsay Hofford hired as AGM, Director of Scouting

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
He was part of the London Knights, we do love those guys or at least did :laugh:

Better not be losing Bernhardt.

Bernhardt has the "amateur scouting" title, so it seems like not.
Although the Coyotes don't have a "scouting director" on their website at all. Perhaps he's in charge of the pro scouts + the umbrella boss as AGM.

RufusG

May 23, 2017
The Unsafe Lane Change charge makes me think he gave them every reason to feel like really piling on. But it definitely adds to the amusement factor.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'm actually kind of surprised they filled this spot (Chris O'Hearn's old job, minus the scouting part). I totally expected them to leave it open and save the dollars.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Top talent always gets more rope with those kinds of things...no different here. According to Chayka this guy is a “best in class talent evaluator.” Judging by Toronto’s young players and prospect pool it’s kind of hard to disagree...

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Top talent always gets more rope with those kinds of things...no different here. According to Chayka this guy is a “best in class talent evaluator.” Judging by Toronto’s young players and prospect pool it’s kind of hard to disagree...
I don't know his background, the circumstances of his DUI etc. just the little that I have read but if he is this "best in class talent evaluater" why did TO let him go or did they see some kind of character issues?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
He's a London guy, so I'm guessing he was one of Mark Hunter's guys, who is also no longer in Toronto.

Reactions: Jakey53

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I don't know his background, the circumstances of his DUI etc. just the little that I have read but if he is this "best in class talent evaluater" why did TO let him go or did they see some kind of character issues?
Maybe the media issue given his background is the problem, and less that he has true character issues. Could be a premium personality and premium at his job, just not premium at making life choices when booze is involved. Frankly, I don't care about his problem with alcohol. That is something for him to control, if he helps the franchise then hire him.

Edit: He may have taken some large steps to prove his booze cruse is behind him, and the club may have stipulations in his contract in case he does mess up. This could also be an opportunity to get a premium talent at a premium low rate.

Did I use premium enough or should I go back and try again?

Reactions: Jakey53

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Maybe the media issue given his background is the problem, and less that he has true character issues. Could be a premium personality and premium at his job, just not premium at making life choices when booze is involved. Frankly, I don't care about his problem with alcohol. That is something for him to control, if he helps the franchise then hire him.

Edit: He may have taken some large steps to prove his booze cruse is behind him, and the club may have stipulations in his contract in case he does mess up. This could also be an opportunity to get a premium talent at a premium low rate.

Premium post!

Reactions: doaner

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The drunkenness is likely why he's available to a team like the Coyotes to begin with. Judge people by how/if they reform, not their mistakes.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The drunkenness is likely why he's available to a team like the Coyotes to begin with. Judge people by how/if they reform, not their mistakes.
Maybe he is a good bulls----- like Riberio? Mosby mentioned he was in trouble at

Lethbridge also, but wasn't sure of the circumstances.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

You don't have to care about his problem with alcohol but the Coyotes do. Alcohol can sometimes be hard to control and if the demons get you they never let go.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
You don't have to care about his problem with alcohol but the Coyotes do. Alcohol can sometimes be hard to control and if the demons get you they never let go.
I'm not saying the Coyotes shouldn't care, and I am extremely aware of the effects of alcoholism. If he has a drinking problem (or maybe just a problem when he drinks) that it really isn't the responsibility of the Coyotes to keep him in check. If he cant keep his s*** together then have the clause to remove him from the organization. Just because there may be a problem, doesn't mean they shouldn't hire him was my point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad