Lindros vs. Orr

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Because many people don't feel that the very best of Lindros compares to the best of Orr.

Yes that's so true. I admit Lindros was a demon no doubt. I remember how great he was even if others dont. But let's say his best season was '94-95 or '95-96. It was great no doubt but Lemieux's 4th or 5th best season is as good as Lindros in '95. Orr had about 7 years much better than that too. This is the bst I think I can come up with so here goes:

Imagine Trottier playing from '75-81. Take all of those years in which he had his Hart and his Art Ross win and all of his point totals but minus the two Cups. Then he gets a devastating injury to the head and he returns in '82 only to be a mere 50 point man for the rest of his career. Is he still a HOFer? Probably. But he'd be remembered as having a short peak ('77-81) and not being able to carry a talented Islanders team as well.

I loved Lindros too, and its sad to see him in Dallas as a huge shadow of his former self struggling to maybe hit 45 points, but his prime does not match up with a guy like Orr's. Even though Lindros and Trottier were different players their top 3-4 prime years match up pretty equal.

Wooty

Dec 31, 2006
Harbor City, CA
I believe that all of Lindros' injury problems were caused by his style of play. He played tough and took a beating for it.

Would Lindros have been better off playing less physical?
How does Lindros stack up in history if he didn't play so physical?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad