Lindholm Trade?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
You overrate Seguin. Besides, JR was looking to trade the pick for defensive help, not another forward.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
So downgrade Skinner to Seguin and then get a player marginally better than Sekara while not having Lindholm?

Jeff Skinner
Elias Lindholm
Andrej Sekara

vs.

Tyler Seguin
Marc Staal (or equivalent)
Zach Fucale/etc

At best, it's a lateral move.

Last edited:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I doubt JR trades two picks in the same, deep draft when they're thin as it is. Plus, then you run into the same spot they're currently in about having to move someone out, though they probably wouldn't have signed Komi. And you're getting up there in salary. Too many variables to consider in my current state.

Sasha Cares

28 mph!!!!!!!
Sep 25, 2006
Island of Misfit Toy
I doubt JR trades two picks in the same, deep draft when they're thin as it is. Plus, then you run into the same spot they're currently in about having to move someone out, though they probably wouldn't have signed Komi. And you're getting up there in salary. Too many variables to consider in my current state.

Fair enough

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
You find a way to fit him in... That's ridiculous if we turned down a trade for him

I'd prefer lindholm, but it was definitely something worth looking at. We are looking to win now, and seguin will help more than lindholm probably will immediately. Debatable long term of course.

Jr did say he got some very good offers for forwards at the draft.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
The skinner backlash is becoming over whelming. I hope he lights it up this year so we can stop trading him every day.

Just because I said I prefer another player over Skinner doesn't mean I'm on the "trade Skinner" bandwagon, but thanks for jumping to that conclusion.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading him as I have doubts about his ability to protect himself and play out a long, healthy career. The return would have to be right, of course.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Ive always been on the trade Skinner for a top pairing D-man bandwagon and nothing less. Like when I said they should trade him for Subban before the year.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Just because I said I prefer another player over Skinner doesn't mean I'm on the "trade Skinner" bandwagon, but thanks for jumping to that conclusion.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading him as I have doubts about his ability to protect himself and play out a long, healthy career. The return would have to be right, of course.

That's going to be the big question with him, whether he can adapt his game and still be effective playing in a way that makes him less prone to getting knocked out for 10 games or so.

That said, I think I'd prefer Skinner regardless. Seguin can mature, but we've seen what Skinner can do when healthy the first half of these past two seasons. I honestly think he can do that consistently.

edit: That said, unless we were getting a Subban or an OEL in return for Skinner, I'll take Skinner and Lindholm over Seguin and the return for Skinner. Good chance that Lindholm ends up just as good chance that Lindholm could turn out better then Seguin anyway.

GrindNMuck

Jun 11, 2013
Lindholm to Detroit? Because of his cousin is one of the Wings top prospect. Calle Järnkrok

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Lindholm to Detroit? Because of his cousin is one of the Wings top prospect. Calle Järnkrok
That means it's more likely Jarnkrok comes to Carolina, not the other way around.

Interesting OT tidbit: Lindholm and Jarnkrok's teammate Ryan Gunderson is a Flyers fan who posted on HFboards back when he played for Devils' ECHL affiliate before going to Sweden. I didn't realize that til now. :laugh:

Last edited:

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Interesting OT tidbit: Lindholm and Jarnkrok's teammate Ryan Gunderson is a Flyers fan who posted on HFboards back when he played for Devils' ECHL affiliate before going to Sweden. I didn't realize that til now. :laugh:

How did you figure this out?

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
The skinner backlash is becoming over whelming. I hope he lights it up this year so we can stop trading him every day.

i think most would like to see skinner light it up this season and end up being a great player for years to come. and i think that the team is being patient with him and giving him the chance to develop into that. don't know how long that patience will last though. maybe until the trade dead line. he just seems like the most tradeable player for the best return if he doesn't turn it around or on.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Wasn't the Seguin trade Seguin and their pick for Skinner and our pick? How are we supposed to trade Skinner for a top 4 defenseman if he is already traded for Tyler "Apparently The Second Coming" Seguin?

Sasha Cares

28 mph!!!!!!!
Sep 25, 2006
Island of Misfit Toy
Wasn't the Seguin trade Seguin and their pick for Skinner and our pick? How are we supposed to trade Skinner for a top 4 defenseman if he is already traded for Tyler "Apparently The Second Coming" Seguin?

It was Seguin for our pick supposedly... Kind of hard for Boston to trade us a pick they don't have

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country

i get the sense that most fans and the team as well waffle around regarding skinner. i have been. imo it's because he has good value and his play hasn't been up to expectations. in terms of his "ability to protect himself", the guy is 21 years old and with a bit more experience and help from the team he'll deal with that aspect and adapt his game accordingly. i think it's more of an experience thing rather than a big alteration need to his style of play.

i think they feel as well they should imo, that skinner's potential is well worth the effort to work with him and give him some time to work on his game. that said, this year should be a telling one for skinner unless they don't have the faith in him i believe they do and decide to move him sooner than later.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Why bother "trading" with other teams? Nobody here has the power to make the trade happen. What happens after both fanbases agree on the trade?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad