Prospect Info: Linden Vey to Canucks for 2nd Round Pick #50; Kings select Defenseman Roland McKeown

Captain Mittens*

Got a link for this?

I do. I will even give you two Links
Zelda%2BNES-%2BLink.gif

Wakerlink.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
Got a link for this?

Yanetti didn't say that McKeown was one of the three, specifically. But if you put his comments together, there is no doubt that Kempe and McKeown were two of the three. It's blatantly obvious.

It's also impossible to describe Yanetti's tone and inflection when he made those comments to us, which added to the "no doubt" thing on Kempe and McKeown.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I posted a link to my story on the deal earlier in this thread.

Not calling you out, but I clicked that link and saw zero mention of Yannetti, who is the one you said basically stated McKeown was on their alleged list of three players they wanted at 29.

Do you mean when Futa said they rated him as a first round talent? Because that doesn't necessarily mean he's on that list, does it?

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
Not calling you out, but I clicked that link and saw zero mention of Yannetti, who is the one you said basically stated McKeown was on their alleged list of three players they wanted at 29.

Do you mean when Futa said they rated him as a first round talent? Because that doesn't necessarily mean he's on that list, does it?

Turns out that I didn't actually post the link to my story...someone else did...I did notice...

You beat me to posting that. Thanks. :)

I was a bit surprised at how many questions I got about why the Kings traded Vey, and I've seen quite a lot of complaints. Figured this story was needed...turns out it was a great deal for the Kings, and a good one for the Canucks, too. Win-win.

Was this the story you were referring to? I meant to Futa, not Yanetti. Sorry.

And yes, Futa meant that McKeown was one of the three. There was no mistaking his meaning in the interview, even though he didn't specifically say it. If you follow his comments carefully, there's no doubt. Kempe and McKeown were two of the three.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Turns out that I didn't actually post the link to my story...someone else did...I did notice...

Was this the story you were referring to? I meant to Futa, not Yanetti. Sorry.

And yes, Futa meant that McKeown was one of the three. There was no mistaking his meaning in the interview, even though he didn't specifically say it. If you follow his comments carefully, there's no doubt. Kempe and McKeown were two of the three.

Even if they had him rated as a first rounder, its still a leap to me to say he was one of those top three. They could very easily have had three people above him, seen him as a later option (though still a FIRST ROUND grade), and snagged him at a good value at 50.

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
Even if they had him rated as a first rounder, its still a leap to me to say he was one of those top three. They could very easily have had three people above him, seen him as a later option (though still a FIRST ROUND grade), and snagged him at a good value at 50.

Don't see how it's a leap. Futa spelled it out for us.

Last edited:

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Wouldn't call it a "leak" when a team official says it during an interview with several media members involved.

I would. My point was I doubt Futa or whoever says **** all about McKeown if LA didn't get him.

Vey accepting his Q.O. is front page news? Slow ass week...

Its Canada and a Canadian team. If the Sedins fart they report on what they may have had for breakfast.

T2M

Jan 28, 2004
Its Canada and a Canadian team. If the Sedins fart they report on what they may have had for breakfast.

No, the report is a front page, 1000 word spread on the fart, its forcefulness, odor, and environmental impact as well as a detailed report on their breakfast. Then the sports section features 3 editorials on the environmental impact of the fart in the lower BC mainland, its potential impact on the agricultural sector and what this may mean for the price of eggs, and an explanation of how that fart will give them just enough momentum to outscore every other team and bring home that cup that Canucks fans think they so richly deserve.

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
I would. My point was I doubt Futa or whoever says **** all about McKeown if LA didn't get him.

Of course not. If another team picked him it would likely constitute tampering if he said more than general comments about him.

In any case, it was not a leak. Leaks are when a source, usually unnamed, makes a tidbit of a comment about something, usually to one or very few reporters. In this case, Futa was in a conference call interview open to anyone in sports media and he went into much greater detail than what you'd get from a "leak."

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Of course not. If another team picked him it would likely constitute tampering if he said more than general comments about him.

In any case, it was not a leak. Leaks are when a source, usually unnamed, makes a tidbit of a comment about something, usually to one or very few reporters. In this case, Futa was in a conference call interview open to anyone in sports media and he went into much greater detail than what you'd get from a "leak."

Wow, wanna debate the meaning of 'leak' some more?

You understand my point, whether I used a Frozen approved word or not, move along.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
do you guys think Vey can be a legit calder candidate if he plays all season with the Canucks next year?

I have no idea how good he is but his AHL numbers are impressive. better than any Canuck prospect in a long time :laugh:

Thrice

To Be Everywhere...
Sep 27, 2007
do you guys think Vey can be a legit calder candidate if he plays all season with the Canucks next year?

I have no idea how good he is but his AHL numbers are impressive. better than any Canuck prospect in a long time :laugh:

Calder? Very doubtful but he will certainly put up some points for you guy. Especially if you give him PP time.

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
Wow, wanna debate the meaning of 'leak' some more?

You understand my point, whether I used a Frozen approved word or not, move along.

Sure. :) Promise...last thing I'll say on the subject. The reason I object to the use of the term in this context is that it implies that the source didn't mean for the information in question to be released, or that it was not supposed to be released.

No evidence exists in either case.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sure. :) Promise...last thing I'll say on the subject. The reason I object to the use of the term in this context is that it implies that the source didn't mean for the information in question to be released, or that it was not supposed to be released.

No evidence exists in either case.

yeah, I'm not one for pedantry, but I think it's clear why it's important to Gann to have the air clear on the semantic debate with this one.

Regardless, let's move on from the definition, as I also get what kingsfan is saying about why we wouldn't likely hear it anyway.

I agree overall that it's clear that Kempe and McKeown were 2 of the 3 on our 'list,' hell, Mckeown was one many of the posters here were talking about making sense as a Kings draftee so it's not really rocket science. In any case, you can call it a successful initial draft if the Kings were able to land two of their guys so early without extremely high picks. Looking forward to what this kid brings, reminds me a bit of Martinez.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00