Confirmed with Link: Lindbohm Recalled

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Exact same as it was with Pronger(obviously without FB). The casual fans just loved to rip on the guy for no reason.

It's crazy. Two posters with over 10k posts at the asylum are saying (And I quote) "I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see Petro ever being a legit #1 dman."

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

The Grouch

Jan 31, 2009
It's crazy. Two posters with over 10k posts at the asylum are saying (And I quote) "I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see Petro ever being a legit #1 dman."

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

I read that as well. I'm with you on the crazy pills quote. After reading comments such as those, I sometimes think that maybe the game feed I get through my television isn't what is actually happening, like maybe someone is hijacking my signal. There isn't any other way for me to align what I'm seeing with what they're saying.

Blues88

Apr 27, 2009
St. Louis
Does anyone have much faith in Cole beyond being a 6th? He's been average....not what I expected from a guy just looking for a chance. Offensive support from the D has been pretty poor outside of Shattenkirk on the whole. I'm not pointing fingers, but Jackman looks better than Cole most nights....not a great trend for a guy who isn't so young any more (not that he's old by any means).

Hopefully Lindbohm can step in and add some intensity. He has some promise for sure.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I thought he's been decent.... bout the only offensive threat outside of Shattenkirk

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
It is my belief that the movie Idiocracy is not fiction but a true prophecy that will be fulfilled. The frontline of that future can already be seen in FB and Youtube comments.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Does anyone have much faith in Cole beyond being a 6th? He's been average....not what I expected from a guy just looking for a chance. Offensive support from the D has been pretty poor outside of Shattenkirk on the whole. I'm not pointing fingers, but Jackman looks better than Cole most nights....not a great trend for a guy who isn't so young any more (not that he's old by any means).

Hopefully Lindbohm can step in and add some intensity. He has some promise for sure.

Look around the league at other team's #6's. Cole is probably one of the better 6's in the entire league. Some people are just still hoping he'll turn into a 2 or a 3 because he was a first round pick. But he's a solid bottom pairing guy. He makes mistakes sometimes. So do all bottom pairing guys. I hope Lindbohm is here to replace Butler.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Welcome to HFBlues. I love you.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Hitchcock's comments basically refer to the Blues defense as soft. And he's not wrong. Whether you think it's a problem or not, it's a bit alarming to me that this 21-year old rookie provides more snarl and attitude than anyone not named Jackman. We'll see how they do in the playoffs.

And yeah, people on facebook are awful. I stopped reading the comments years ago because it's even more alarming how little any of them know about the sport.

RastaBlues

Dec 19, 2014
Look around the league at other team's #6's. Cole is probably one of the better 6's in the entire league. Some people are just still hoping he'll turn into a 2 or a 3 because he was a first round pick. But he's a solid bottom pairing guy. He makes mistakes sometimes. So do all bottom pairing guys. I hope Lindbohm is here to replace Butler.

This all the way. Cole has been great in his role now that he's getting consistent ice time. Yes, he makes mistakes and so does our entire defense, but rarely will you see him on the ice when the other team scores.

Honestly, I'd like to see Lindbohm replace JBo for a game or two. He's just been off.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I kind of like the idea of Lindbohm and Petro. Petro can do his very effective ice dancing routine. Get in the way. Great stick work. Great outlet passes. Pirouettes. Mind you Petro does get it done back there, just soft as jello. Tell Lindbohm to provide the grit. Tell him to just stay back as Petro is everywhere. If anyone touches Petro, then you deal with it. Please tie up or move just one person in the crease while Petro is on the ice. I nice simple game would hugely benefit Petro's all over the place style of play. Not that it has been bad...It just is what it is and well it works...much better of late

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Hitchcock's comments basically refer to the Blues defense as soft. And he's not wrong. Whether you think it's a problem or not, it's a bit alarming to me that this 21-year old rookie provides more snarl and attitude than anyone not named Jackman. We'll see how they do in the playoffs.

And yeah, people on facebook are awful. I stopped reading the comments years ago because it's even more alarming how little any of them know about the sport.

It's hilarious to hear Hitch refer to his defense as "soft" considering how he set out to build it in the first place. It was bound to happen.

Anyway, I like the look of a Lindbohm-Petro pairing.

Last edited:

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Anyone have a link to the quote where Hitchcock calls the defense soft?

Closest I've seen is "We need a seventh defenseman. We need a guy who can challenge for position."

It's a bit ambiguous whether that means he's challenging for position in front of the net, or for position on the depth chart.

Either way, it's hardly taking a shot at his entire defense by calling it soft.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA

Closest I've seen is "We need a seventh defenseman. We need a guy who can challenge for position."

It's a bit ambiguous whether that means he's challenging for position in front of the net, or for position on the depth chart.

maybe if enough people say it ad nauseum, it will diffuse its way into Hitch's mouth

Blues88

Apr 27, 2009
St. Louis

I'm hoping (hoped maybe) he'll turn into a top 4 option independent of his draft position. He's a strong guy with a physical side but what I thought would propel him forward would be some ability to get pucks through and move it more effectively than he does. He'd solve a big issue if he could consistently be a second pairing guy is all I'm saying.

I don't think he's been altogether much better than Butler but he is more reliable. Just not comfortable with Butler being a consistent presence on the blueline....

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011

Never said he called them soft in a quote. Said he basically referred to that.

He said the Blues need competitiveness and somebody who can get the team's attention and the other team's attention.

Read between the lines there, shouldn't be too difficult to understand. And no it's not about battling for a position on the depth chart.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Never said he called them soft in a quote. Said he basically referred to that.

He said the Blues need competitiveness and somebody who can get the team's attention and the other team's attention.

Read between the lines there, shouldn't be too difficult to understand. And no it's not about battling for a position on the depth chart.
He flat-out called him the 7th defenseman.

That isn't exactly implying that the competitiveness and attention getting that Hitchcock is praising him for makes him indispensable to his lineup.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia

Im very conflicted with Cole. He can really shut down players physically, but he makes some appalling plays with the puck on his stick. I would really like to see him play with Petro or Shattenkirk, that would let him simplify his offensive game and focus on being stronger and faster than other players. Our defense is a pretty passive bunch, and he might be an asset when we are facing teams like LA.

Chris Butler reminds me of Jeff Woywitka, just a vanilla player. Worse things could be said about a defenseman, but Im not sure he is much better than Cole.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
He flat-out called him the 7th defenseman.

That isn't exactly implying that the competitiveness and attention getting that Hitchcock is praising him for makes him indispensable to his lineup.
Obviously he's the 7th defenseman. That's a given since he was just called up from the minors. But at the same time, the Blues did not just call him up to sit him in the press box all the time. He'll see some action.

Nobody is saying the lineup absolutely needs him. But Hitchcock also flat out said the Blues need competitiveness and somebody to get the other team's attention.

The other team's attention.

I don't think other teams are going to be caring much about him and Ian Cole battling for the #6 spot in practice. Clearly Hitchcock means on the ice and that competitiveness/attention-getting infers to what we know Lindbohm brings to the table that most of the other defensemen on this team, while more talented, don't.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Obviously he's the 7th defenseman. That's a given since he was just called up from the minors. But at the same time, the Blues did not just call him up to sit him in the press box all the time. He'll see some action.

Nobody is saying the lineup absolutely needs him. But Hitchcock also flat out said the Blues need competitiveness and somebody to get the other team's attention.

The other team's attention.

I don't think other teams are going to be caring much about him and Ian Cole battling for the #6 spot in practice. Clearly Hitchcock means on the ice and that competitiveness/attention-getting infers to what we know Lindbohm brings to the table that most of the other defensemen on this team, while more talented, don't.
You know that I was originally responding to this quote, right?

It's hilarious to hear Hitch refer to his defense as "soft" considering how he set out to build it in the first place. It was bound to happen.
Lindbohm has a bit of an edge to him. It's probably his best feature at this point. No reason not to pump that up a bit when he's promoted, say that the team can use what he brings, and hope it rubs off on the rest of the team.

That sort of interpretation of what Hitchcock said is a far cry from what one might take away from the post I was responding to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad