Liles and Komisarek

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Liles has some value (Carolina). Getting a 2nd round pick in return would be great. Komisarek has negative value--it would cost the Leafs something to have another team take him. I'd rather keep him (depth is a good thing) and do a compliance buyout in the offseason.

I don't see Liles getting a 2nd rounder, his value has dropped and has an ugly contract.

Derek Synak

Mar 14, 2009
Mistake by the Lake
Komi played his way off the team with garbage play for multiple seasons....Liles can still play, but not at the same level since his concussion...and considering that Carlyle likes big physical Dmen, and keeping them to their strong side...means Liles is the odd man out.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Komi played his way off the team with garbage play for multiple seasons....Liles can still play, but not at the same level since his concussion...and considering that Carlyle likes big physical Dmen, and keeping them to their strong side...means Liles is the odd man out.

I disagree to an extent. Yes Komi was brutal under Wilson's era but ever since Carlyle took over, Komi's been playing decently. The reason he IS NOT playing is because he got injured and the defencemen that took his spot (Fraser) has been playing lights out ever since.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
I really think Kostka is being showcased. Probably think we can get a decent return for him hence the reason we're keeping him up instead of losing him for nothing via waivers. Komisarek won't go anywhere because he has negative value. His situation will be reevaluated in the off-season.

Drugstorecowboi

May 5, 2009
The thing about our D is that we need one...or two vetran dman added to our corp. They can really help the young guys. Cutco, Gunnarsson and Holzer shouldn't be playing every game. It we could turn Liles into a vetran dman - that's more Carlyle's style (bigger / more physical) that would be ideal. Gardiner can be our puck moving dman and problem solve.

Komisarek won't fetch you a bag of pucks.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Trade Liles before the deadline for as high of a pick we can get. Franson has taken his role as the powerplay guy and at a much cheaper cost.

Try to trade Komisarek but probably find no takers prior to the deadline. Buy him out in the summer or trade him (and even absord some of his cap hit) if we have the cap room after we see how the draft/July 1st pans out similar to how the Lombardi trade to Phoenix worked out.

Don't be to sure about the cheaper part.

I'd be shocked if CF did not demand 3, 3.5m per as a rfa.

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
we are showcasing Kostka to deal him at the deadline. He is a UFA.
I think that will mean Liles is back in. I would prefer Liles in than Kostka too.

Komi honestly played well at the start of the season and I don't he was scratched as a result of his performance. I think we are trying to maximize trade bait value with our very respectable D depth we can try and acquire some future assets.

If he doesn't play again this season I would expect a buyout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad