GWT: Ligue 1 Round 14 game of the week

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
This week's NOT TO MISS game is sunday evening.
We should have a fantastic all offense display between the two Olympique : Lyon and Marseille.
Game will be played in Lyon and those two clubs HATE each other.

Lyon has found an offensive groove which is very very impressive. Paqueta, Aouar are magic right now.
Defensively, they're suffering. They were absolutely ran off the pitch in Rennes, and absolutely no lead is safe with them, on BOTH sides. They can lead by 3 and lose a game. They can lose a game by 3 and win it.
Coach Bosz wants his team to attack with 11 men, and quite clearly, it lacks balance. But it is exciting to watch, given Lyon's wonderful offensive talents.

Marseille is exciting this year, it pains to say, but there's no argument. Saliba is absolutely monstruous, though he did have one bad game recently. Payet is playing the best football of his life (again) and there are lots of intriguing talents on this team. Guendouzi is extremely impressive.
Sampaoli, aka Bielsa lite, is quite loco himself. He has his team play all kinds of different formation during the game, with and without the ball. From the RB turning into an extra midfielder in situations to the RCB playing RW (Saliba) under certain circumtances, it's both messy and unpredictable.

DO NOT miss this game.
Prediction : 2-2

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
OL XI :
A. Lopes - Gusto, Diomandé, Boateng, Emerson - Caqueret, Guimaraes - Shaqiri, Aouar (cap.), Toko Ekambi - Lucas Paqueta.

OM XI
P. Lopez - Saliba, Caleta-Car, L. Peres - Rongier, Bo. Kamara - Lirola, Guendouzi, Payet (cap.), De La Fuente - Milik.

Diomande over Denayer is a big surprise but the belgian has been pretty bad this year so far. No surprise otherwise except that Bosz still has that fascination for Shaqiri who's been easily the worst OL player this year. I guess he's trying to give him as much chances as possible to explain the surprising and ridiculous transfer (which I pointed out at the time).
For OM, no big surprise either. DLF starting is the only mild surprise. Under is not healty so it explains it. Rest is usual business.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Desastrous.
That's the worst fan behaviour ever in France (which is probably mild compared to what happened in several other leagues over the decades, but still unacceptable).
They have to be much harsher.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
6th time now.
Montpellier (Montpellier fans on Payet)
Nice (Nice fans vs Payet)
Angers (OM fans going crazy)
Lens (Lille vs Lens fans)
OM PSG (OM fans)
and now OL fan vs Payet again.

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
Ffs it feels like every time I watch OM people only attend to chuck shit at Payet as he's taking corners. Has this been coming in any way? Or did people just see MHSC fans do it and got on board?

I hate collective punishment and am not really a believer in punishment as a deterrent, but something's gotta give at this point.

It's a sad state of affairs, but I suppose there's a reason why they don't sell bottles inside a stadium in Germany and not even hard plastic cups in some places. Maybe time for others to follow suit...

Reactions: luiginb

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ffs it feels like every time I watch OM people only attend to chuck shit at Payet as he's taking corners. Has this been coming in any way? Or did people just see MHSC fans do it and got on board?

I hate collective punishment and am not really a believer in punishment as a deterrent, but something's gotta give at this point.

It's a sad state of affairs, but I suppose there's a reason why they don't sell bottles inside a stadium in Germany and not even hard plastic cups in some places. Maybe time for others to follow suit...
Payet is a provocative asshole who is most likely the most hated footballer in France with Neymar (for other teams obviously).
BUT it doesn't excuse anything like this. Also keep in mind OM fans love to start shit (Angers, PSG).
But again, there's no excuse.

Yes I agree. Here it was a plastic bottle, but filled with water and thrown from 30 meters, it DOES hurt.

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
Yeah I'm aware that Payet and OM fans are no saints, but it's startling that it's almost always the same shit. I mean, hated players have existed for as long as football has had attendance but I've rarely seen an epidemic like that with bottles flying everywhere. Almost seems coordinated, lol. You'd think when Payet is provoking or OM fans are being shitbags you'd see it manifest itself in myriad ways, but here fans seem pretty set on going the drink chucking route.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Yeah they don't give you plastic bottles here either, they pour it into a deposited hard plastic cup, which at least makes a much worse projectile

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad