Ligue 1 2016-2017

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, they really need to be healthy (Cavani, Thiago Silva, Verratti and Matuidi full game).

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Watching mostly other games and just glimpsing the Bordeaux - St.Etienne game, but the former have played quite well, it seems, especially considering that Menez only came on as a sub.

Malcom with a nice goal from freekick, and they've been good otherwise as well. Evilo praising Gourvennec seems justified based on this small sample.

P.S. and right now they concede as I was writing this...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes, won 3-2 in the end.
Gourvennec is one heck of a coach. One of the best kept secret in L1 IMO because he was coaching outside the spotlight in Guingamp.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes, won 3-2 in the end.
Gourvennec is one heck of a coach. One of the best kept secret in L1 IMO because he was coaching outside the spotlight in Guingamp.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lacazette with a hattrick in his first game.
Aulas said the other day his price was now 70M€.
Wonder what it'll be now.

Good thing Gignac was selected over him for the Euro :sarcasm: :facepalm:

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Solid game from Bensebaini vs Nice

Yet Rajevac calls up **** players like Cadamuro and Tahrat over him

Now I see why Rajevac was hired by our FA, he is a Yes Man. I can tell you the 2 arefomentioned players were picked by the FA

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
Marseille drawing, same old problem of creating quality scoring chances.

Positives though Hubocan and Doria look like it could be a good solid defensive pairing.

And Khaoui impressed when coming on.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Japhet N'Doram's son played with Monaco at Nantes yesterday (and won 1-0 away).
Must have been conflicting emotions for both father and son.

Not everyone here knows about Japhet N'Doram but he was one of the best african players ever. And one of Nantes' best player ever.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
After 2 games against two bottom teams, OM has 1 extremely lucky point. Still no coach and the captain (Diarra) is trying to find a team to be transfered to.
Can't say I haven't warned everyone for the last two years ! :laugh:
Hopefully they fall to L2 next spring!

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
After 2 games against two bottom teams, OM has 1 extremely lucky point. Still no coach and the captain (Diarra) is trying to find a team to be transfered to.
Can't say I haven't warned everyone for the last two years ! :laugh:
Hopefully they fall to L2 next spring!

Saw some of the game. Yohann Pele made some nice saves, Thauvin's goal was a nice shot as well. Gomis missed a good chance, so maybe with some more luck they could have earned a draw.

They seemed to have big problems in defence though, Doria and especially Hubocan were too easily exploited, and the right back (no 2, forgot his name) didn't do well.

Haven't seen most of the other teams this season, so no idea how good they are, but overall Marseille didn't play that bad in an away game if they're supposed to be a relegation candidate.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Thing is Guingamp is a good bet to go to L2 this year.
ANd last week, they were completely outplayed at home by Toulouse, who miraculously saved themselves at the last match last year. They were very lucky to get a 0-0.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Thing is Guingamp is a good bet to go to L2 this year.
ANd last week, they were completely outplayed at home by Toulouse, who miraculously saved themselves at the last match last year. They were very lucky to get a 0-0.

Didn't see their game against Toulouse, but that might be seen as a good result then, I guess. Toulouse seems to have trashed Bordeaux yesterday, they have started surprisingly well after selling Ben Yedder.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes, they seem to be on the same streak as last year in the last stretch.

However, the scoreline for Bordeaux is a bit misleading because they scored two goals in the first few minutes on set plays, which is a HUGE problem for Bordeaux. In the preseason too.
Prior is IMO not a good enough goalie either. Carrasso might be back.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And so he scores...;)
Yes :)

Kurzawa as well. He now has 3 goals and 1 assist (and one other? I don't remember) in his last 3 games (Trophée des Champions, at Bastia, against Metz).

And Evra is apparently better :facepalm:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
OTOH, Cavani looks like in holidays form :facepalm:

OMG he's never been so bad. First game of the season for him so hopefully he grows some confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad