MrKriben

Dec 16, 2014
Stockholm
Reactions: JFleegs

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Ryfors, 23, skated in 51 games during the 2020-21 regular season for Rogle BK of the SHL, posting 25 goals and 45 points to go along with 53 penalty minutes. He led his team for goals and ranked second for points. The 5-foot-10, 181-pound forward also appeared in 14 playoff games, notching a goal and 10 points.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

google translated:
- I feel that their style of play suits me well. They play at high speed, have some smaller guys in their lineup and it feels like they are the least conservative to have big guys in the NHL. I want to play with speed and have puck possession, says Ryfors.
Ryfors sees coming to a club that has established itself at the top of the NHL only as something positive, although it may be a little harder to get playing time.

- Now we lost the final and I want to win in my career. It's not the easiest team to join, but I want to win and Lightning is a great power in the NHL. They have been a good year for many years now and I think the club has even more ahead of them. The way I play suits me well and I think I have a good opportunity to join the team.
Rögle's general manager Chris Abbot is happy for Ryfors' sake.

- This is exactly the type of trip we want our players to make. He has gone through our junior teams, to become a good SHL player to become an elite player in the SHL. Now, as a 23-year-old, he has signed his first NHL contract. We are very happy for his sake and the journey he has made with us, says Abbott.

- Tampa is a team that values his qualities as a player very highly, his skill, speed and high sense of play. He will fit in well there.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Lightning don't normally sign undrafted free agents out of Europe like they do from the CHL and NCAA.

Some names that come to mind:

Niklas Persson - 2010: Went back to Sweden after he didn't make the Lightning out of training camp.
Dmitry Korobov - 2012: Played 2 years with Syracuse and only 3 games in the NHL.
Reto Suri - 2013: Contract was voided by the Swiss federation. Never came over afterwards.

Bolts were also reportedly in on Damien Brunner and Viktor Fasth who had short nhl careers

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Lightning don't normally sign undrafted free agents out of Europe like they do from the CHL and NCAA.

Some names that come to mind:

Niklas Persson - 2010: Went back to Sweden after he didn't make the Lightning out of training camp.
Dmitry Korobov - 2012: Played 2 years with Syracuse and only 3 games in the NHL.
Reto Suri - 2013: Contract was voided by the Swiss federation. Never came over afterwards.

Bolts were also reportedly in on Damien Brunner and Viktor Fasth who had short nhl careers
Everybody is Panarin.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Really like this signing! Low risk and potentially high reward. Great skater and has a good shot. You never know, he might end up getting stuck in Syracuse, but well worth a try, I'm optimistic that he can do well for us!

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Not a bad signing. He know's to work hard to retrieve pucks, seems to have decent hockey IQ. Good shot on him and know's how to get to the scoring area's. His development took off this past year. While he put up impressive numbers in the SHL, makes sense to sign him to a one year deal seeing if he can do that in a North American game. If he can, we will resign him and probably give him a cup of coffee. I don't really have a strong feeling about him either way. I don't think he will crack the NHL, if he does will be in a limited role in the bottom lines. Decent signing though, if he continues to develop which the bolts will be there for him to help him, then he could find himself as a middle six scoring winger. Similar to Coleman without the diving goal ability.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
'He's sneaky good': Why Simon Ryfors is an interesting wild card for Lightning roster

Looks like this signing had a little bit of Hedman persuasion on it:
"Simon Ryfors was in his Angelholm, Sweden apartment one afternoon in March when he got a surprise phone call.
From Victor Hedman."
"Hedman and Ryfors talked about everything. The city of Tampa, the Lightning organization, coach Jon Cooper, the style the team plays. Ryfors was impressed Hedman had done his homework, referring to his game and teammates he knew of. Five NHL teams offered Ryfors a contract, but he signed a one-year, two-way entry-level deal ($842,500) with Tampa Bay just a couple months later."
“I was really excited after that call,” Ryfors said. “I really appreciated that he called and it showed how much they were interested in me. He’s like the best teammate in the world. He had only good things to say about the organization and the city. I already had a really good feeling, but he just confirmed everything I already felt.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad