Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign RW Jerome Samson (1 year, 2-way)

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
This is a big signing for the Crunch and the depth of the organization. At the AHL level, this guy can flat out score. His production numbers may not look that impressive, but he has been a VERY dangerous scorer in the past. His level of play makes him one of those players that the opposition is forced to concentrate on him whe he is on this ice, opening holes for his linemates to take advantage of. Thank you SFY for this and the signing of Cornette earlier.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Getting crowded down there at the AHL level ... time to renew AHL Live subscription here pretty soon!

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
This is a big signing for the Crunch and the depth of the organization. At the AHL level, this guy can flat out score. His production numbers may not look that impressive, but he has been a VERY dangerous scorer in the past. His level of play makes him one of those players that the opposition is forced to concentrate on him whe he is on this ice, opening holes for his linemates to take advantage of. Thank you SFY for this and the signing of Cornette earlier.

Crunchrulz I know you were down on the organization last year ... what do you think about all these signings and wondering if you have a first draft forward & defensive line predictions yet.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
The organziation seems to have learned from last year, and are not going to allow the Crunch to miss the post season two years in a row. I really like the moves I have seen. Not sure how much more is needed in Syracuse, perhaps one more scoring forward.
As for the lines and pairings, going to give SFY a bit more time to work out signings, then will take a look at what players should slot where.
Since my predicted combos were so bad last year, it will be interesting to see how they end up this year.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The organziation seems to have learned from last year, and are not going to allow the Crunch to miss the post season two years in a row. I really like the moves I have seen. Not sure how much more is needed in Syracuse, perhaps one more scoring forward.
As for the lines and pairings, going to give SFY a bit more time to work out signings, then will take a look at what players should slot where.
Since my predicted combos were so bad last year, it will be interesting to see how they end up this year.

Last year wasn't really intentional though. TB got smashed by injuries that wound up gutting Syracuse with call ups. The same could probably happen any year, really, although it's obviously unlikely. There's an outside chance Syracuse will still be getting a guy like Kucherov for a full year too.

It's a good sign though that now that we know a lot of those players will be remaining in TB, the organization is taking steps to restock the cupboard. I like the idea of teaching the kids how to win in the AHL and then bring them to the NHL expecting success, and hopefully having a taste of it.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Fully aware that injuries nailed the entire organziation last year. It was so bad here that we actually signed and dressed a local school's 38 year old assistant coach as a back up goaltender one game. I agree, it did give the organization a chance to see who was at level. Hopefully, that is an issue that is behind us.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Fully aware that injuries nailed the entire organziation last year. It was so bad here that we actually signed and dressed a local school's 38 year old assistant coach as a back up goaltender one game. I agree, it did give the organization a chance to see who was at level. Hopefully, that is an issue that is behind us.

Yup. And it's definitely good that it seems like the org feels Syracuse is a priority. TB only got through the drama last year at the Crunch's expense last year (to an extent).

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008

Looks like Connolly's replacement

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Perhaps. When Brett's head is on straight, he is one of the most dangerous scorers in the AHL. Should he be able to produce at close to that level this year in camp and early NHL season, we will never see him in Syracuse. Since he does not have anything left to prove at this level on ice wise, best of luck to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad