Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Jack Thompson to ELC

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

“I got the chance to practise with all of the guys here in Syracuse and their player development guys, so I got to show how hard I will work and how much effort I’m willing to put into practice and in the gym,” Thompson said. “I got a chance to play in the last game of the year on Saturday and I played pretty well, so it was really nice.”
He said he was well-prepared, not only by his time in Sudbury, but by traveling overseas with Wolves forward Blake Murray and the Barrie Colts’ Ethan Cardwell, to play in a professional league against older men.

“I think it got me used to playing against older guys, definitely, and the frames that older guys would have,” Thompson said. “This league is a lot faster and more skilled than that one, and guys are even bigger here, so this was still a bit of an adjustment early on, but it was really good to have done that.”
“We’re expecting Jack to have a tremendous year on the ice, but he’s always such a tremendous young man, such a leader in our dressing room,” Papineau said. “He understands what it takes to be a hockey player and to be a great leader and person. We’re expecting big things from him and obviously, Tampa is seeing a lot of the same things we see. I think this is a guy who the world junior program has to put on their map, too.”

Thompson plans to stay in Onondaga County until next week, taking advantage of skating and training opportunities while facilities in Ontario remain closed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad